The Voice 23 ● Blind Auditions 3 ● Discussion

istersay

Weird how Jamar Langley was pantomiming the song, and is this is the first time someone did that song on these shows? 1958 - whew! Jamar's aging himself severely from the T-Pain videos he put up, but from spoilers he know he's heading down this Motown vibe. But he's a showman, we definitely know that. Seems very unorthodox, but in a show that's so by-the-book, that stands out here. It's sad he was to go super old school to play to the audience, because we know there's a current side to him.

I liked Jerome Godwin - just seems like a likeable guy, and the sort of guy who might grow on this show in a longer season. It's a tad unfortunate, since he's young and seems like he could do well on these sort of shows with coaching. You do this by age - you'd probably spend a first round pick on him in a dynasty draft, with the belief he can grow over the years.

They confiscated and smashed Walker Wilson's guitar so he couldn't accrue the millions of FB views. But Ross was galloping up and down the stage without a guitar as well, and managed those views. Minivan clearly prefers a standard country voice rather than the gritty, grungy, dirty country sounds of Bailey Zimmerman and Morgan Wallen that's on-point with today's country. 

Allie Keck's "Paris Ooh La La" harkened back to the days of 2010-2012 when it was actually OK to cover loud arena rock on these singing shows. Brian Fuente, Ashley De La Rosa, Amanda Brown, Jennel Garcia...this song was a go-to for any edgy person a decade ago. It's a great change-of-pace, but we all know that the times have changed, and the coaches have veered off the rawk path.

• Like 2

I will not tolerate Allie Keck slander (jk)

Anyway tbh her tone is not for everyone, especially for ppl that aren't familiar with the genre.But I'll take any rocker,esp a female since we don't get them often. It's a blessing for us some even make it pass battles.

Loved Ryley and Laura as well

Edited by Tmp 12

Wait I just caught up with the rest of the episode lol

I actually loved the first 30 seconds of Walker’s audition :ph34rwave: then the beat came in and it all went downhill as he started overdoing the growling. He has potential though!!!

ALI and Jerome were both really

meh to me, which is pretty disappointing considering I thought ALI had a perfect song choice for her style.

Manessah was good, but not great imo.  Something was lacking and I don't know what it was.

Y'ALL ARE SLEEPING ON EJ! The man has an amazing voice but he did have a few slip ups here and there. I liked him second-best after Ryley.

Laura chose too big of a song for her voice but there were some nice moments I guess. She has potential too.

• Like 1