Ray Uriel Fan Thread ✨

istersay

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, istersay said:

love that song

Me too, it's beautiful! It's a long song, so they will have to shorten it a lot. (Like a 7 min song) He is on team Chance though and I have all faith they can shorten it without it sounding chopped up.

I truly love this song, and it's scary knowing they have to lose like 4 mins of it.. but I think Chance would do his thing, and Ray his thing, and come up with something amazing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was kind of rooting for this dude, but after the latest performance I thought he'd be much better in a traditional R&B group. He just kinda seems low-key and lacking energy on stage in vocal dynamics. Not necessarily unsure of himself, but he'd be better as a part of a whole. He just couldn't handle all the different inflections of that New Edition song, and only seemed reasonable taking the Ralph Tresvant second tenor parts. No one's going to listen to that voice only in a 3-minute vacuum; he needs a baritone, counter tenor, bass etc all around him to flesh out the sound.

He could be the "sensitive" one in the group I guess, if these Boyz II Men/New Edition like groups can even exist in the 2020s. Since they can't, this is impossible, but unfortunately that seems to be the upside.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 11:30 AM, jork said:

I was kind of rooting for this dude, but after the latest performance I thought he'd be much better in a traditional R&B group. He just kinda seems low-key and lacking energy on stage in vocal dynamics. Not necessarily unsure of himself, but he'd be better as a part of a whole. He just couldn't handle all the different inflections of that New Edition song, and only seemed reasonable taking the Ralph Tresvant second tenor parts. No one's going to listen to that voice only in a 3-minute vacuum; he needs a baritone, counter tenor, bass etc all around him to flesh out the sound.

He could be the "sensitive" one in the group I guess, if these Boyz II Men/New Edition like groups can even exist in the 2020s. Since they can't, this is impossible, but unfortunately that seems to be the upside.

I don't know why there aren't groups like that anymore, there are tons of popular k pop groups, maybe a US group would make it in R&B