Who won the KO: S10 Edition

Hsamid

Who won their KO  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Emily Keener vs Shalyah Fearing

2. 2. Owen Danoff vs Ryan Quinn

3. 3. Paxton Ingram vs Angie Keilhauer

I'll be honest, besides Ryan and Owen I don't think there were any even KOs this season. I had a really hard time finding 2 other poll options here.

So I just did the most controversial KO of the season and the 2nd least liked contestant that made lives(paxton) at least on youtube. Even though I think he clearly won technically, let's test the idf bias..

Owen

Ryan

Emily

Shalyah

Paxton

Angie

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

1. Shalyah, but I enjoyed Emily more than most, and understood her win even if I didnt fully agree with it.

2. Owen, easily. Love the song choice and delivery. This was Ryan's weakest.

3. Paxton by default. Sam Hunt is a no.

Wait, why? I don't know anything about him but I've heard this song on the radio (unless it was another version covered by a different artist) and it seems like a pretty easy song to cover relatively speaking. 

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

1. I think Shalyah definitely won this KO, but I'm glad Pharrell picked Emily. She probably wouldn't have been stolen and we would've been robbed of hearing her gorgeous rendition of Lilac Wine.

2. Definitely Owen 

3. Definitely Paxton

• Like 1

1. Shalyah, by a hair. but Pharrell did the right thing so both ladies could advance.

2. Owen by a landslide, this was easily Ryan’s worst but I’m glad he was stolen.

3. Paxton by a hair, but I didn’t really like him either.

33 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Angie

Angie Keilhauer!! (Now I regret choosing PXTN over her in this poll.) I go to Walt Disney World a lot and when I watch the “Happily Ever After” fireworks show, she’s the one singing the theme song with Jordan Fisher at the beginning and the end of the show! (even though a recording of the song is played during the fireworks show)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JodiRose said:

Angie Keilhauer!! (Now I regret choosing PXTN over her in this poll.) I go to Walt Disney World a lot and when I watch the “Happily Ever After” fireworks show, she’s the one singing the theme song with Jordan Fisher at the beginning and the end of the show! (even though a recording of the song is played during the fireworks show)

While I do think Paxton won clearly. I think she did an alright job and was better than a few that were stolen or brought back.

It's part of the reason why I picked the KO, cause it's one of the few were the losers weren't noticeably off pitch.

Anyways, that's awesome. Although I must say before realizing that you picked Paxton, so.. 

• Like 1

1. Shalyah - Absolutely LOVED Emily's KO here, but when a contestant eats, they eat. And Shalyah killed it.

2. Ryan - I'm a sucker for Billy Joel and I can't stand Train, but I didn't particularly care for Owen here. Not Ryan's best either, but I think I preferred him here.

3. Paxton - Definitely the performance that made me shift my opinion of him to more positive. Angie was one of my favorites going in solely based off of her blinds, but she was the Nancy Kerrigan here and Sam Hunt was the club that broke her knee (which makes Blake Tonya and NBC Gillooly I guess?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erik g said:

1. I think Shalyah definitely won this KO, but I'm glad Pharrell picked Emily. She probably wouldn't have been stolen and we would've been robbed of hearing her gorgeous rendition of Lilac Wine.

2. Definitely Owen 

3. Definitely Paxton

This is true though, it’s CRIMINAL that she went home after that

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hsamid said:

This might be the first poll were all 3 are completely lopsided.

Sorry folks, listened to all the KOs (skimmed some to be honest..) and none of them were particularly close. But I couldn't just leave out the season.

What about Nick vs Moushumi? Or would that be lopsided for Moushumi? (I liked Nick there tbh)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nytsch said:

What about Nick vs Moushumi? Or would that be lopsided for Moushumi? (I liked Nick there tbh)

I think so (fairly or not) but I may be wrong. I said Paxton was the 2nd least liked live contestant of the season.. well I'm pretty sure Nick is first.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Wait, why? I don't know anything about him but I've heard this song on the radio (unless it was another version covered by a different artist) and it seems like a pretty easy song to cover relatively speaking. 

Bro pop/country. Not for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nytsch said:

Every time i remember that Nick made it to Top 9 that season, a part of me dies. And to think we almost get rid off of him in the KOs but the producers had to ruin it all😫😫

Sorry, but i genuinely don't think there is any contestant i dislike more

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I think so (fairly or not) but I may be wrong. I said Paxton was the 2nd least liked live contestant of the season.. well I'm pretty sure Nick is first.

I think Daniel was more disliked than Paxton, at least Paxton has "Break Every Chain" (Overrated performance, but people liked it for some reason) 

Season 10 is very curious for me because i think it had one of the strongest finales ever, if not the strongest of all. But, at the same time, it had three of my most disliked contestants ever on the show to made it to the lives: Nick, Daniel and Paxton. And watching Emily and Owen being eliminated before them was quite awful.  

I needed to vent, sorry (Not really sorry, but ok)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

I think Daniel was more disliked than Paxton, at least Paxton has "Break Every Chain" (Overrated performance, but people liked it for some reason) 

Season 10 is very curious for me because i think it had one of the strongest finales ever, if not the strongest of all. But, at the same time, it had three of my most disliked contestants ever on the show to made it to the lives: Nick, Daniel and Paxton. And watching Emily and Owen being eliminated before them was quite awful.  

Honestly, at the time I remember not minding Daniel

But in every elimination round I recall people complaining about Paxton and Nick in the YouTube comments. I do agree Paxtons break every chain is overrated. It was solid.. but middle of the pack if you compare it to the rest of the live shows.

But yeah, Season 10 is the first time i actually watched all the contestants performances tbroughout the season and not just a select few.

Emily's elimination is the first to get me angry. She covered one of my favourite singers (ik its a cover of a cover..)of all time and did it splendidly. I honestly thought she had the best performance that night and one of the best of the season, so to see her eliminated after only the 2nd live rounds is still one of my biggest dissapointments until now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Daniel deserved Pharrell’s comeback. Dude’s KO partner was Alisan Porter! Same with Lacy Mandigo, Savannah Brister and Rod Stokes!

Edited by Jaffy

Owen (A) vs. Ryan (B) - I’ll be honest, before this I recall not liking Owen’s KO much or finding it underwhelming but now I get it. He packed a lot of emotion in there while still delivering a good vocal. Ryan’s a vocal beast which made this performance really impressive but I think I found it a little less cohesive than Owen’s performance because there were some parts (like the ascending note) that felt out-of-place / like vocal showcases. Slightly preference to Owen here but they both deserved to move on.

Emily (B) vs. Shalyah (A-) - Emily’s performance was really pretty. I felt like there were points where she was running out of breath and the last low note did seem a bit gimmick-y, but nonetheless a really pleasant performance. Shalyah’s performance is, as @Daillon has previously described it, an all-timer. The power here is really impressive. However, although I always hated when Slezak said this, I feel like there were hints of her lack of experience here — her runs / note-switches weren’t perfectly executed. Nonetheless, an extremely strong performance. Medium preference to Shalyah but both deserved to move on.

Paxton (A) vs. Angie (D-) - Wow! I think this is the first time I’m hearing this performance from Paxton and this was really great. I know his tone is probably polarizing so I can see why this isn’t super hyped-up but I was very impressed by this. Seeing this performance from Angie was a shame because her blind audition was so incredible. She seemed out of breath and her performance had not even 1/10th of the power of her blind audition. Strong preference to Paxton, agree with the no-steal here.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I liked Paxton’s IS, but that’s about it. I agree Break Every Chain was just okay, I’d give it a solid C/C+. Maybe just because it was so much better than horrible Hands to Myself lol

I didn’t mind Daniel and Nick too much, maybe just cause I knew they weren’t an actual threat lol. I’ll be honest though I did think Nick was the clear winner of that KO. Then YBIAW was horrible enough that I kinda lost any wish to defend him, so…

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Owen (A) vs. Ryan (B) - I’ll be honest, before this I recall not liking Owen’s KO much or finding it underwhelming but now I get it. He packed a lot of emotion in there while still delivering a good vocal. Ryan’s a vocal beast which made this performance really impressive but I think I found it a little less cohesive than Owen’s performance because there were some parts (like the ascending note) that felt out-of-place / like vocal showcases. Slightly preference to Owen here but they both deserved to move on.

Emily (B) vs. Shalyah (A-) - Emily’s performance was really pretty. I felt like there were points where she was running out of breath and the last low note did seem a bit gimmick-y, but nonetheless a really pleasant performance. Shalyah’s performance is, as @Daillon has previously described it, an all-timer. The power here is really impressive. However, although I always hated when Slezak said this, I feel like there were hints of her lack of experience here — her runs / note-switches weren’t perfectly executed. Nonetheless, an extremely strong performance. Medium preference to Shalyah but both deserved to move on.

Paxton (A) vs. Angie (D-) - Wow! I think this is the first time I’m hearing this performance from Paxton and this was really great. I know his tone is probably polarizing so I can see why this isn’t super hyped-up but I was very impressed by this. Seeing this performance from Angie was a shame because her blind audition was so incredible. She seemed out of breath and her performance had not even 1/10th of the power of her blind audition. Strong preference to Paxton, agree with the no-steal here.

Wow, about time I'm not the one with the longest post in one of these threads.

Can you do more of these please? And totally not to make me feel better about myself for typing up unnecessarily lengthy opinions.            

Jokes aside, can't say I disagree anytime you do one of these writeups so far. Hard to believe it's the same person who occasionally, unironically, stans a few of the pitchiest contestants of their respective seasons..       (j)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1