Can anyone on IDF sing?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Can anyone on IDF sing?

• Yes, I Can
    • No, I Can’t
    • Kinda/Sorta
    • This is a rude question, jerkface

On 1/2/2023 at 10:40 PM, erik g said:

Wow, just watched this on loop and this was so beautiful! The vocal range, the riffs, the runs - everything was on point! I actually got so emotional because of how slay it was! So, don't say that your performance is scary, it's just such a... masterpiece. I'd say you have a lot of potentials to be a powerhouse in the future :wub:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ottoxxx said:

Wow, just watched this on loop and this was so beautiful! The vocal range, the riffs, the runs - everything was on point! I actually got so emotional because of how slay it was! So, don't say that your performance is scary, it's just such a... masterpiece. I'd say you have a lot of potentials to be a powerhouse in the future :wub:

Thank you sooo much😭😭❤️❤️you all have been so kind.....and it's been so hard keeping this from everyone buttttt

64-BAA9-FB-F188-4792-9863-C2-E16722155-A

/j

Edited by erik g
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, erik g said:

Thank you sooo much😭😭❤️❤️you all have been so kind.....and it's been so hard keeping this from everyone buttttt

/j

Whoa you auditioned before actual taping starts, kudos for that
 preach christina aguilera GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, erik g said:

/j

30 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

sorry i just didn’t expect you to be so bad 🥸

thanks to @QueenCami i'm officially dropping out of the competition 

Angry Pretty Boy GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, FloorWax said:

A little update... I performed live for the first time this morning :clap:. Harder than I expected but it was fun! I was singing with a friend and accompanying us on guitar. This audio is from a video someone in the audience took so its a little hard to hear us over the crowd. We kind of did this Voice-battle style and most of y'all would probably pick her, she's really good :wub:

Love it! Your voice is more or less the same as Devix’s, and he’s your profile picture lol. The girl sounds just like Sasha Hurtado!

Edited by Jaffy

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had a talent for singing since 2011 but it wasn't until early 2023 when I made the decision to unleash it.

Here's the story of how I found my hidden talent.

While at school, I would often express myself by singing my own songs that were a combination of meaningless gibberish, repurposed words and some proper English.
I would also "Play" the tunes for these songs by tapping or banging on the walls of the school buildings (sometimes to the dismay of the teacher and students inside)

I ended up creating and memorising almost 15 songs which only existed in my head as glorified brain signals.

I discovered that I was surprisingly bright in learning through music after doing something called the Smarts Test which is an educational tool that gives a rough indication of what ways you learn the best.

When I did the test, Music, Visual & Self were my top 3 although not in that order. A few months later, we had a whole school production and this is when I began to notice that I was smarter in the Music area of the Smarts Test than what I originally thought.
During this time, the number of fictional songs in my head had dropped to 7 or 8 as a result of not being able to remember the tunes and words.

No school production and a new classroom building caused my interest in music to drop and by the middle of the year, I could only remember the words and tunes for 3 of the once 15 songs I had created in 2010.

My second whole school production resparked my talent and at the end of the year, it was resparked further with the graduation songs

I still remembered the 3 fictional songs that stuck with me.

2014-2016

Not much happened during this time except for the rise in popularity of break-up songs, much to my dismay.

2017-2019

Also a fairly quiet time song wise but on the good side, the break-up songs started to fall out of fashion.

2020-2022

The pandemic hit and my mental health took a turn for the worst. I did love the Covid-19 parody songs that some people made.

In 2022, I discovered that advancements in computer software made it easier for non famous people to record and release their own songs. This was also the year that I started writing my own songs based on my personal experience with autism. I then had a break due to more mental health issues.

This is the year I finally decided to reveal my hidden talent for singing by doing a rendition of Find Yourself by Brad Paisley as part of an online application for The Voice Australia 2023 which I unknowingly submitted without realising that applications had already closed.

I resumed work on my songs and entered the world of musical notation software which allowed me to create what will become the instrumental backing tracks for my songs. I then found Idol Forums and my motivation has continued to grow. Most recently, I came up with an amazing idea of using the fictional tunes I created back in 2010 as the tunes for my songs.

I'm hoping to find a music/singing school so I can improve my singing and unleash my talent to its fullest potential for when I record my songs and re-apply for The Voice.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I'm one of those unfortunate people who was born with perfect pitch, but can't sing. Grew up taking saxophone lessons, but I never got voice training or anything. But I can tell you exactly what note I SHOULD be singing! 😅

In all seriousness, I mostly use it to write music, since I can do that just fine; I love composing, and knowing exactly what notes are which makes that process very easy. I just can't sing. BUUUUT if you need someone to tune your guitar, tell you the key of your favorite song, or tell you if someone on The Voice is singing off-key, I can do all of that without a guide... that's helpful, right? 🥲

• Like 5

Spoilers

Floorwax- 4 chair turn, Picked John

Milo Jay- 4 chair turn, Picked Gwen

108Cam - 4 chair turn, Picked Niall

Voice- 4 chair turn, Picked Reba

Jaffy-No chairs

(Don't take this seriously, if you do i don't care🤣)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arsh said:

Spoilers

Floorwax- 4 chair turn, Picked John

Milo Jay- 4 chair turn, Picked Gwen

108Cam - 4 chair turn, Picked Niall

Voice- 4 chair turn, Picked Reba

Jaffy-No chairs

(Don't take this seriously, if you do i don't care🤣)

Unironically would probably pick John from this group lmao. Niall would be my second choice but that's just because he's hot.

• Haha 8