Neil Salsich Fan Thread

jamescasaki

Island Grass Live at Anthony & Hami's Moloa'a Point House on 2019-03-03 :  Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

suggestion song’s 

The Thrill Is Gone - B.B. King

Wild Horses 

Otis, like These Arms of Mine

Unchain My Heart by Joe Cocker 

or Time in a Bottle by Jim Crocke

Or Vincent by Don McLean

Grateful Dead. Maybe "Ripple"

Instagram

YouTube |

I think he is incredible he is going to go far if you Want to bAdded just 𝘀AAdd me

1 jamescasaki

2Teraginn

Misirlou

WastedinMemphis

5RTV

6 Floor wax

7 Nytsch

8 Otto xxx

9 Skyfall

10 Cookie 73

11Vintage voice

12 Persey

Edited by jamescasaki

13 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Hello! Once again we share a fan thread! Hope it'll be as busy as bodie's. 😌😌😌

From what I´ve seen, I don´t think it´ll be as crowded lol. 

But yeah, I think we´re gonna see Neil for a while, so it´s likely this is gonna stay active.

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

From what I´ve seen, I don´t think it´ll be as crowded lol. 

But yeah, I think we´re gonna see Neil for a while, so it´s likely this is gonna stay active.

I think Neil can convince more people to join in if he goes deeper. He seems like a likeable enough guy.

I wonder if he'll pull a bodie and choose deep cuts and obscure songs for his songbook. Honky Tonk Blues is a pretty fresh choice for the show. He seems like the type to stick to his roots, if you pardon the pun.

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I think Neil can convince more people to join in if he goes deeper. He seems like a likeable enough guy.

I wonder if he'll pull a bodie and choose deep cuts and obscure songs for his songbook. Honky Tonk Blues is a pretty fresh choice for the show. He seems like the type to stick to his roots, if you pardon the pun.

I hope so.

I´d like him to dig into the Rolling Stones catalogue. I think it could fit well with more of his country/rock style. 

As for folk, there´s Dylan, CSN, James Taylor, etc. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Hello! Been a while since we shared a fan thread! It was Josh Kaufman's, I believe? 

Indeed! That was a while ago. Haven't been around a lot in a while, other than the Wendy-GNT season.  I like Neil a lot. I'm not sure what to expect from him on Blake's team (Kelly's might have been more interesting) but I'm confident he'll do well. Hope he sticks around a long time.

Agree about Honky Tonk Blues - a cool choice, well done, and one that cuts across lots of lines. Not surprised it got 4 turns.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I hope so.

I´d like him to dig into the Rolling Stones catalogue. I think it could fit well with more of his country/rock style. 

I saw a bluegrassy cover of Wild Horses on YouTube - pretty good. I've heard it done that way before but he and his band did it well. I wouldn't surprised if he did that one with Blake.

• Like 2

I like singers who are bringing lesser known styles and songs to people's attention. Way better than hearing the 100000th cover of Against All Odds or I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing.

His style is not among my usual favorites, but I think I would only get bored if he does straightforward folk songs without much variation (i.e. Joshua Davis, Owen Danoff). It definitely seems like he can do more than that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

I saw a bluegrassy cover of Wild Horses on YouTube - pretty good. I've heard it done that way before but he and his band did it well. I wouldn't surprised if he did that one with Blake.

You know what song came to mind from them? Country Honk (AKA the original version of Honky Tonk Women)

Might be bit too pastiche for the audience, but I could see him doing something with it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I hope so.

Ooh I bet he can do a bluegrassy version of Sympathy for the Devil, like that one guy in TVAU did for his battle.

15 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Indeed! That was a while ago. Haven't been around a lot in a while, other than the Wendy-GNT season.  I like Neil a lot. I'm not sure what to expect from him on Blake's team (Kelly's might have been more interesting) but I'm confident he'll do well. Hope he sticks around a long time.

Agree about Honky Tonk Blues - a cool choice, well done, and one that cuts across lots of lines. Not surprised it got 4 turns.

I think his crossover appeal will be both a blessing and a curse: it will help him as the show continues to throw him songs that aren't necessarily in his lane, but it might confuse voters who want him in a clear lane.

Being Team Blake is fine by me especially since it's his last season, and he has shown that he's willing to let his artists do whatever they feel is true to them (i.e. bodie). Kelly would have been fun too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

You know what song came to mind from them? Country Honk (AKA the original version of Honky Tonk Women)

Might be bit too pastiche for the audience, but I could see him doing something with it.

Maybe a version that's a little less arch? 🙂  Somewhere between that and the original would be cool. (Actually, I can't remember - was that the original? I should have said the single.)

Edited by WastedinMemphis

12 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I like singers who are bringing lesser known styles and songs to people's attention. Way better than hearing the 100000th cover of Against All Odds or I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing.

His style is not among my usual favorites, but I think I would only get bored if he does straightforward folk songs without much variation (i.e. Joshua Davis, Owen Danoff). It definitely seems like he can do more than that.

For sure. There's an amorphous-ness in Neil's artistry than extends to so many genres. I can even hear a little yodel in one cover of his.

1 minute ago, jamescasaki said:

I completely agree he kinda reminds me of Sid from the voice a few seasons ago 

He does! Only difference is Sid is not originally Team Blake. Maybe now that Neil is Team Blake from the jump, he'll take to him much easier.

2 minutes ago, jamescasaki said:

I completely agree he kinda reminds me of Sid from the voice a few seasons ago 

I still rewatch Tennessee Whiskey just for his parts 😅 (Nothing wrong with Bailey, but didn't care about her as much)

His other performances were good too. But that one just hits different for some reason.

Speaking of Sid I don't think I knew his PO song. Shame he got eliminated before we could hear more songs like that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Maybe a version that's a little less arch? 🙂  Somewhere between that and the original would be cool. (Actually, I can't remember - was that the original? I should have said the single.)

This one´s was recorded first for the Let it Bleed album, but Honky Tonk Women was released first.

But I get what you´re saying, I agree the song itself is more of an intentionally made caricature (I love it lol), but I ´d like him to do something in that vein. Very much in the country rock lane.

• Like 2