Jump to content

Most Predictable and Unpredictable Seasons?


Mistake006
 Share

Recommended Posts

There was a lot of talk about how unpredictable Season 22’s live shows were.

I think a lot of seasons, especially 20 and 21, had a clear top 2 by the time the lives started, whereas others, like 22 and 17 were much less clear about who the front-runners were. 
 

What other seasons do you guys think were predictable or unpredictable? (not just referring to the top 2, but the live shows’ results overall)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So many predictable seasons:

S8 - from audition, Sawyer won that season

S9 - Jordan won since audition

S10 - Season X = Xtina win [her last season]

S15 - Chevel was the sure winner to me since her audition, so that outcome was predictable

S16 - "Legendary Season." 'Nuff said.

S19 - It's all about the kid 

S20 - It's all about Cam

S21 - GNT was sure to win from day 1

 

Unpredictable seasons for me:

S3 - not until the Top 6 did it become apparent that Cass will win

S4 - so many TCOs on Team Adam. Even though Danielle led iTunes every other week since the playoffs, she wasn't the favorite country singer here. After T8 however, the Top 2 became clear.

S6 - almost everyone thought it would be [RIP] Christina Grimmie's season but she finished 3rd. 

S7 - Team Adam was again favored to win. Team Blake won instead.

S22 - first wild card contestant to win; only after "Sand in my Boots" did I start thinking that Bryce can win.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, season1 said:

Unpredictable seasons for me:

S3 - not until the Top 6 did it become apparent that Cass will win

S4 - so many TCOs on Team Adam. Even though Danielle led iTunes every other week since the playoffs, she wasn't the favorite country singer here. After T8 however, the Top 2 became clear.

S6 - almost everyone thought it would be [RIP] Christina Grimmie's season but she finished 3rd. 

S7 - Team Adam was again favored to win. Team Blake won instead.

S22 - first wild card contestant to win; only after "Sand in my Boots" did I start thinking that Bryce can win.

 


I agree with this but I would also like to add S5 to the mix. Very open season, with many twists and turns.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Daillon said:


I agree with this but I would also like to add S5 to the mix. Very open season, with many twists and turns.

 

It was Adam vs Christina all season; Blake had a very weak team. Christina had Matt and Jackie while Adam had Tessanne. For me, it's always been among those 3 to win the season so it wasn't unpredictable IMO. YMMV.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, season1 said:

S15 - Chevel was the sure winner to me since her audition, so that outcome was predictable

Ok, disagree there. Even at the very finale, i was expecting her to be runner-up to Kirk.

 

Then Kirk got third place... 

 

She wasn't losing against Chris, for sure. Her victory was a pleasant surprise 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ok, disagree there. Even at the very finale, i was expecting her to be runner-up to Kirk.

 

Then Kirk got third place... 

 

She wasn't losing against Chris, for sure. Her victory was a pleasant surprise 

 

 

She's one of the most popular female contestants on FB and you know how FB tend to support the male singers more. Her Traveling Soldier performance gained her a lot of fans and voters. Chevel's run reminded me of Danielle's journey, gaining fans and voters each week. Teenage girl next door who sings country really well will get a lot of votes. 

 

Kirk's frontrunner status was a mirage. It's the show and Blake propping him up but he didn't seem like a winner to me. 

 

 

Edited by season1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alright, from recent ones that I´ve paid attention to the process:

 

- S17 was middling. On one hand we spent the season saying it was between Hoot and Katie, with Katie probably winning due to stats. I don´t think a lot of people expected Ricky to beat her. Hoot winning was a suspicion, but I remember most people having him as runner up. So, it was a bit unpredictable in that sense. 7.5/10 in scale of unpredictability.

 

- S18 was Todd vs TStorm, and by semis, we pretty much agreed it was Todd. Toneisha sneaking up to 2nd was a bit of a surprise. A bit meh on unpredictability. 5.5/10

 

- S19 was a bit open until KOs. Before that, there was talk about Jim, but after KOs, it was definitely Carter, and it was no surprise. Predictable. 4/10 

 

- S20 was between Cam and Kenzie (with the exception of POs morning, when people started thinking Pete was gonna get PV due to studios), and the race was pretty damn close. It was only at the finale when people started really leaning towards Cam, and many even doubted that. I´d say it was a good race, unpredictable for most part. 8/10

 

- S21 was probably the most predictable of this batch. Despite some reservations that Minivan would support a group, the KOs erased those. Cue Top 13, and it was obvious who the winner would be. 3/10

 

- S22 was actually hard, lots of twists and turns. I still expected bodie or Morgan to win. This one got me. 9.5/10

Edited by Misirlou
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...