Where does Bryce Leatherwood place in your list of winners?

Misirlou

Where does Bryce Leatherwood place in your list of winners?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• My top winner
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 15
    • Bottom 5
    • Dead last

List of Winners:

Javier Colon

Jermaine Paul

Cassadee Pope

Danielle Bradbery 

Tessanne Chin

Josh Kaufman

Craig Wayne Boyd

Sawyer Fredericks

Jordan Smith

Alisan Porter

Sundance Head

Chris Blue

Chloe Kohanski 

Brynn Cartelli

Chevel Shepherd 

Maelyn 

Jake Hoot

Todd Tilghman

Carter Rubin

Cam Anthony

GNT

Bryce Leatherwood 

• Thanks 3

I started watching in season 10. Since

then, the only winner I like less is Brynn Cartelli. He's tied with Jake Hoot for 2nd "worst" for me.

I dont dislike any of them though. Im a tually quite fond of a few of their performances (Jake Hoot's cover me up is a personal favourite), but they are still the weakest winners imo.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

#1: Alisan

None others matter lol

No but seriously, I’d probably say: Tess, Josh, Sawyer, Jordan, Mae, and GNT are my other faves. I’m kinda surprised myself I put GNT there but like… they had really good harmonies and I loved Bekah especially. Great song choices too.

Also Sundance and CWB are not exactly the type of music I listen to but they’re very good. Probably my favorite male country artists from the show (that I can remember at least).

So yeah, I have respect for Bryce but I’d put him at the bottom 3 I think.

Not seen a bunch of these seasons in full so I'll just name my top 5:

1. Bryce Leatherwood

2. Danielle Bradbery

3. Cassadee Pope

4. Chevel Shepherd

5. Girl Named Tom

I didn't watch much of Maelyn's season but I did like what I heard of her so she'd probably be next...

• Like 1

You know, I'm not that mad about him winning, but he's still in my Bottom 5. For every other male country singer who has won before him, I thought they did something special or remarkable that helped me to understand their victories (even if I didn't always agree). I really liked Craig Wayne Boyd, and I thought Jake Hoot was solid. Bryce was just kinda straightforward. Great performances at the end as he figured out what song choices worked for him, but there was something uniquely special about almost every winner before him, and I'm having trouble pinning that for Bryce right now.

My bottom was Jermaine Paul too.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

For Jermaine, the idea of a male R&B singer to take on Avril Lavigne is interesting, and I give him props for that, but I don´t think it was well executed.

I watched it and it sounded like it could be one of the no-chairs in recent seasons.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Woah, Bryce surpassed Cass!

Yup. Comparing their songs and performances during the season, I enjoy listening more to Bryce's voice than Cass'. It's a shame that there's no studio recording this season. Bryce's studio versions would probably be placing high on iTunes every week just like Danielle's and Cass' studios.

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

Ehhh, it's just my impression or people here didn't actually listened to any Jermaine performance besides his blind audition? why judging his as a winner based in his blind audition? it was actually his weakest performance, his live performances were pretty good, dude can 100% sing.

Anyway, Bryce is easily in the bottom 3/5, vocally alone is objectively the weakest winner, judging by the entire package is a very standard country singer, he wasn't really bad, just too much generic, can't hold a candle to Craig, Sundance and Hoot as a country singer, too bad Bodie was robbed of his win, it would for sure be pretty high in my winner list.

8 minutes ago, Shinuki said:

Ehhh, it's just my impression or people here didn't actually listened to any Jermaine performance besides his blind audition? why judging his as a winner based in his blind audition? it was actually his weakest performance, his live performances were pretty good, dude can 100% sing.

Nope, I watched the live ones too 😬

He can sing but his vocal stylings were... Not for me.