That's it!

blackbirdallover

After last week's elimination and near-elimination of some of the best singers of the season, I've decided to no longer watch the show. Especially in light of the fact that mediocre singers such as Leatherwood and Lape made the finale. The show is called "The Voice" and, as such, should put the most value on a singer's voice and artistry. Last week's elimination of Kim Cruse and the other black/brown contestants is not only a travesty, it reeks of racism. I will never watch another Voice episode again. John Legend, why are you still on this show? You, of all people, as the most talented musician on the panel AND a black man, should cut ties with this racist show. I'm afraid that, if you continue to condone what's happening on the show, you're complicit with the likes of Shelton and his MAGA-loving following. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, blackbirdallover said:

After last week's elimination and near-elimination of some of the best singers of the season, I've decided to no longer watch the show. Especially in light of the fact that mediocre singers such as Leatherwood and Lape made the finale. The show is called "The Voice" and, as such, should put the most value on a singer's voice and artistry. Last week's elimination of Kim Cruse and the other black/brown contestants is not only a travesty, it reeks of racism. I will never watch another Voice episode again. John Legend, why are you still on this show? You, of all people, as the most talented musician on the panel AND a black man, should cut ties with this racist show. I'm afraid that, if you continue to condone what's happening on the show, you're complicit with the likes of Shelton and his MAGA-loving following. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Good luck with that. Every time i say "I'm not watching this show again!! 😠😠" i somehow comeback to watch it again the very next season. And i have been watching it since Season 5 so...

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, blackbirdallover said:

Mod Life GIF by Her Adventures

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, blackbirdallover said:

I agree with the statement that John Legend is one of the best musicians on the Planet, but that's it.

59 minutes ago, blackbirdallover said:

But how do you really feel about this show?

37 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Good luck with that. Every time i say "I'm not watching this show again!! 😠😠" i somehow comeback to watch it again the very next season. And i have been watching it since Season 5 so...

I'm sorry to laugh at your suffering btw. But also not really.

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Same lmao

I do think John is not respected as he should be on this panel. This season at least though I think a little of the blame is with his song choices too.

The emotional diatribe notwithstanding:  You ain't completely wrong about some of the conclusions.  That said, hate just begets more hate so, none for me please.   

Everyone knows or should know it's an older, whiter demo than most shows.  If you are singing Gospel or R&B....it ain't getting much love....certainly not enough love...from the home crowd.  They love what they love.  I love what I love. You love what you love.   Fact is, lack of love is actually indifference not hate.  I am NOT saying hate isn't involved...just saying you can't draw a line straight to hate just because others don't love what you love.   In any case, judging peeps you know nothing about is about as ugly as what you are accusing them of. 

JMHO.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, blackbirdallover said:

Welcome to the board, but not sure why you wanted to join here to post you're not watching anymore 😕  Talent and music can be subjective, and the viewers choose, we all know how the show works, not sure what else to say, but good luck lol

• Like 6

Everyone worked equally as hard as possible to try to make the finale. While some of the powerhouse singers don't make it far onto the show, you DO NOT BLAME "mediocre singers" for that. Instead, you can blame Team Blakers for it, but it's no use crying over spilt milk. The Semifinal is already over. Please accept it. Stop disrespecting contestants' hard work, let alone country artists.

Edited by Ottoxxx
  • Like 5

Call me paranoid, but I suspect this particular newbie is related to the other complaining newbie, voice22, and is probably someone already posting here who wants to express opinions with which most people would disagree but won't do so with their main persona so that they don't get the boot.

How's that for a sentence?

• Like 1

To be honest, I already thought I may stop watching this show after this season. I’ve become more busy and have less time on my hands. At the same time though, I’m not sure if I will stop watching. I really like the idea of this show, even if I’m not sure if I should devote any time to it. 

I was disappointed with the results of the semifinals, but I commend the finalists for their hard work.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, monkshood said:

Call me paranoid, but I suspect this particular newbie is related to the other complaining newbie, voice22, and is probably someone already posting here who wants to express opinions with which most people would disagree but won't do so with their main persona so that they don't get the boot.

How's that for a sentence?

the sentence is fine, but no they are not the same person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I think most people are getting a little tired of the bitching, and contestants getting involved in it too…well, it makes me lose respect. It’s sore loser B.S. Come at me, I don’t care. 

Idk, some contestants not even involved in the semi final were "bitching"

Whether you agree or not about the complaints as to ehy the semifinalists got eliminated, Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say I think it comes from a genuine place as opposed to being bitter about not advancing.

I mean, most of the contestants by now know what they're getting into with how the show has trended since forever. I think most are content with the exposure, especially if they made it far.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, blackbirdallover said:

I'm not really sure what to say. As someone who almost lost all of my favorite contestants in one night (Omar, Justin, Kim, and Parijita - with Omar being the only one saved), I feel your pain.

You really do remind me of myself, especially when I first started very closely following the show (around Season 7). I used to be aggressively passionate about who I thought deserved to win. I've judged the character of the nebulous Team Minivan, strangers who made voting decisions I couldn't understand. Especially having grown up on the types of singers who rarely win the show, and having appreciated their talent and the beauty of their voices, I really get where you're coming from.

But I guess after watching it for a while, you get used to approaching it differently. I watch this show expecting my favorites NOT to win, being disappointed when they almost inevitably get shafted, but also appreciating the time I DO get to spend with them. I watch the show to learn about amazing performers who I never would've known about otherwise, people whose careers I'm invested in following after the show. There's something very unique about each season's "personality" and the contestants within it, and that makes it exciting to watch each year/half-year.

I'm not saying you have to keep watching the show, but I AM saying that when you get used to it, you know what the main fanbase is into, and you accept that - and then you just appreciate the parts of the show that you DO enjoy, while they last. I enjoy this show a lot more when I remember to view it like that, and when I don't get too wrapped up in my emotions or indignation (which I still do on occasion lol).

IDK, I'm really not sure what to say, but I hope I worded myself OK.

• Like 7