Let's get to know each other!

Hsamid

29 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Hide contents

- ABBA (pop perfection)

- Amy Winehouse

- Arctic Monkeys (I have to agree that Mirrorball is a MASTERPIECE, even if their last albums aren't my cup of tea)

- Florence + The Machine (My favorite artist / band of all time! I could write a whole essay about them. My #1 album is from them (How Big, How, Blue...)

- Glass Animals (It's sad how most people haven't heard anything from them other than Heat Waves, their first two album SLAP)

- Gorillaz (I don't do drugs but I have always wondered what it would be like if I listened to Empire Ants while being stoned)

- Jessie Ware (If you liked Future Nostalgia you should listen to her disco album)

- Kelly Clarkson

- Lana Del Rey

- MCR 

- MGMT

- Michael Jackson

- Muse

- No Doubt

- The Killers (My 2nd favorite band! Brandon's voice is The Voice, no question about it. I also have to thank them for writing my fav song of all time (A Dustland Fairytale)

- The Strokes

- The Weeknd

- Two Door Cinema Club

Plenty of great stuff in there, but I just kept some of my absolute favorites

Florence is too epic. I think my favorite one is Never Let Me Go

Agreed about Glass Animals. Not to be a contrarian or anything but I just don't really like Heat Waves. For people who that's all they know, please go listen to Agnes

Also so excited to see someone mention TDCC lol

Haven't been crazy about Gwen as a coach but musically, you can't really deny someone making a song like What You Waiting For is a genius.

• Like 1

Y’know what, fine, I’ll join (totally not just because I’m a chronic over-sharer that’s nosy as sh*t about other people’s business IRL).

I watched American Idol religiously from Seasons 9-12, which started my love affair with singing competitions, and still sporadically watch auditions from the newer seasons. I was passingly familiar with The Voice but didn’t really watch much of it until Season 16, when a high school friend reposted someone he knew from collegiate music stuff’s audition on his Facebook page. I still didn’t really watch the season due to my college workload being hectic, but tangentially was interested in getting into the show.

I started watching The Voice as it aired in Season 18 & joined the forums that same season (fun fact: my join date on the forum is also my birthday). I had some pretty heavy personal life stuff going on + COVID lockdowns, so it was a nice way for me to escape. I used a lot of my lockdown time as time to fill in the gaps with older seasons, plus I learned more about how to actively vote and understand how the structure of the show works. I was here for Season 19 spoilers, and the rest, as they say, is history.

My first two snowflakes from the Voice were retroactive pickups - Maelyn (for obvious reasons) and Will Breman (since a lot of his personal story resonated with the people closest to me). The first people I actively stanned during their season airing were Todd Tilghman, Sid Kingsley, Taryn Papa, and Cami Clune (Carter Rubin too, to a lesser extent).

My musical tastes are a bit all over the place but have a fair amount of pop & country. Some of my favorite musical acts include:

• Tim McGraw
  • Kenny Chesney
  • Rascal Flatts
  • Bruno Mars
  • Ed Sheeran
  • Taylor Swift 
  • Carrie Underwood
  • Kelly Clarkson
  • Rihanna
  • OneRepublic
  • Sam Smith
  • Florence + the Machine
  • twenty one pilots
  • Martina McBride
  • Chris Stapleton
  • Adele
  • Billy Joel
  • Stevie Nicks
  • Paramore
  • Tom Petty
  • Lady Gaga
  • The Goo Goo Dolls
  • The Script
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Alicia Keys

That’s not even close to a full list, but I think y’all get the point.

(Also, I will say that people dunk on them a lot, but Imagine Dragons was the first musical act I discovered without my parents’ influence when I was just starting high school & the first concert I bought tickets to with my own money, so even if I don’t always love their newer stuff their Night Visions album has a special place in my heart.)

A few personal tidbits:

• LG(B)T and female
  • Midwestern US-based (I have mentioned my home state a few times but good luck sorting through 10k+ posts to find it)
  • Old enough to have started college when Vine was still a social media platform but young enough to have graduated when TikTok was in full swing.
  • Favorite color is teal, favorite food is anything chocolate (except chocolate-covered raisins & bugs)
  • In the middle of trying to plan my own wedding & dealing with all of the complicated-ass family drama that comes with it.

Lastly, despite not knowing how to shut the f*** up online, I am so introverted offline that it’s almost not funny.

…y’all see what I mean about oversharing now?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Well we definitely have the same favourite singer and voice contestant (though Jordan is tied with Kyla for me)

Admittedly I'm not into all of Dimash's music,  but his voice is too good for me not to tune into whatever he sings

I mean, if we strictly talk about vocals, then Kyla and Jordan are right up there toe to toe, but since Jordan was consistent from start to finish, didn't have a single messy performance, so that kinda the reason he's at the top for me (P.S. Tone too, but it's subjective).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I mean, if we strictly talk about vocals, then Kyla and Jordan are right up there toe to toe, but since Jordan was consistent from start to finish, didn't have a single messy performance, so that kinda the reason he's at the top for me (P.S. Tone too, but it's subjective).

Yeah, I do agree. There are a few others that had flawless runs with no messy performances unlike Kyla, but Kyla's best is matched by very few which is why she's at the top for me.

Also, not sure what "messy" performance you're reffering to with Kyla but I think she  nearly had a flawless run vocally.. besides this is me.

22 hours ago, nytsch said:

I know I’m basic but I stan Fidelity lol

I also love Black and White, All the Rowboats, Laughing With… and I remember the video for Don’t Leave Me on VH1 it was so cute.

Love all those! All The Rowboats is a freaking bop. And Fidelity is what turned me on Regina in the first place.

Just now, Hsamid said:

Yeah, I do agree. There are a few others that had flawless runs with no messy performances unlike Kyla, but Kyla's best is matched by very few which is why she's at the top for me.

Also, not sure what "messy" performance you're reffering to with Kyla but I think she  nearly had a flawless run vocally.. besides this is me.

Kyla's "This is me" was a bit messy, but yeah, "You don't own me", "One Night Only", and "Let it Be" are unmatchable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I remember messaging you when I wanted to get into her and you gave me a whole explanation for what order to listen to her albums in 😄 And I didn’t even get into her then for whatever reason. But I got into her earlier this year and I love her.

I am most familiar with “Soviet Kitsch” and “Far”, I have heard a couple other albums but those were the ones that stood out to me. The first especially! So eccentric and I’m all for it. The off kilter structure and chorus on “Poor Little Rich Boy”, “Carbon Monoxide” sounding like something from the latest Fiona Apple album except made 15 years earlier, and of course the tearjerkers like “Chemo Limo”. She has such a unique artistic voice, almost childlike at times, remiding me of a more conventional Bjork, who is another of my favorite artists.

She’s so much more than “Samson”

I'm so glad you listened to more of her stuff! Soviet Kitsch always gets me in my feelings everytime a listen to it.

Bjork is a definite influence on her, and while she has many other influences, I don't think there's an artist that matches her specific songwriting style. It's all her in the best ways.

Have you listened to her new album yet? I know you listened to Up the Mountain, but there's so many awesome new stuff in there, specifically these two....

• Like 1

some random things about me!
- favorite shows: The Voice, Big Brother, Survivor, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Abbott Elementary

- favorite singers: my top favs are Mariah Carey, Adele, Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa, Taylor Swift, and Maggie Rogers! i also love Lorde, Beyoncé, Destiny's Child, Jazmine Sullivan, Whitney Houston, Lana Del Rey, Aretha Franklin, Kacey Musgraves, Brandi Carlile, and soooo many more!

- favorite albums: Butterfly, Daydream, The Emancipation Of Mimi, 21, 30, Golden Hour, Melodrama, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, Chromatica, 1989, folklore, Surrender, Heard It In A Past Life, Renaissance, Future Nostalgia, and more.

- favorite sport: wrestling! i just started watching this year. Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, and Bayley are my favorites!!

- favorite voice contestants: my top favs are Janice Freeman, Rose Short, Kimberly Nichole, Kyla Jade, Wendy Moten, MaKenzie Thomas, Sasha Allen, and Sisaundra (my other favs are in my signature!)

i’ve watched The Voice as a casual from season 3 to season 6, became a big fan from  Season 7 to Season 10, became a super fan and idf lurker from season 11 to season 18, and joined idf in season 19!

my music taste is much more diverse in real life compared to on the show… i listen to most genres, including pop, R&B, alternative, country, and a little rap and rock!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

- favorite sport: wrestling! i just started watching this year. Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, and Bayley are my favorites!!

I thought I was the only one here who watches WWE, but I guess I was wrong (first erik g and now you).

Love Bianca aka Miss EST!

Loved Becky (aka the wife of Mr. Visionary of drip Seat Rollins lol) a lot 2 years ago, but now... not so much.

I like Charlotte too. I remember I was one of the very few people who supported her against Asuka in Wrestlemania 34, 2018 (everyone else at that time was crazy over Asuka).

Sorry, but can't stand Rhea and Bayley lol (talking about what they're current character is).

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 2

A few things about me:

- I’m a cisgender male (look at signature)

- I’m currently in college as a freshman. I’m busy, and after this week’s results, I may take hiatus from the show but may check this forum every now and then lol.

- My favorite sport is ultimate frisbee. I’m not excellent at it yet since I’m new to it, but I’m making progress. I love to lift weights as well, in fact I can bench more than my body weight, which is nice.

- I did sing when I was younger, but only for a short time. I’ve also played piano, guitar, and euphonium.

- I am interested in medicine, law, or academia as jobs (I may go into industry). I will probably major in biology and either government or public policy, but that may change.

- I love to cook and bake! In fact, I made really delicious cornbread and pecan pie for Thanksgiving. The pecan pie in particular was great.

- I love Taylor Swift. Her tone, her songwriting, her storytelling is all hard to beat.

- I really like alt rock and alternative music, like The Killers and Arctic Monkeys. I also really like Coldplay’s old music, but I’m not as keen on their new music. I just listened to Coloratura the other day though, and it’s pretty cool.

- I like a lot of modern pop artists like Billie Eilish and Harry Styles. I listen to some rap, such as Juice Wrld and Eminem. I even listen to a bit of country, namely Kacey Musgraves, Taylor Swift (old music), Maren Morris, Luke Combs, and even a bit of Johnny Cash. I also lostened to Travis Tritt when I was younger.

- I recently started listening to Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, The Temptations, Aretha Franklin, and Toni Braxton. They can sing! I love soulful voices.

- Not huge on: Olivia Rodrigo, Jason Aldean, The Cranberries (love some covers of their songs but their tone is too weird for me)

- My favorite artists this season have been Devix and bodie

- My favorite coaches are Kelly, John, Gwen, Pharrell, Alicia, JHud, and Miley (sort of)

- Least favorite coach has to be Adam. Not huge on Nick either.

That was a mouthful lol.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

some random things about me!
- favorite shows: The Voice, Big Brother, Survivor, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Abbott Elementary

- favorite singers: my top favs are Mariah Carey, Adele, Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa, Taylor Swift, and Maggie Rogers! i also love Lorde, Beyoncé, Destiny's Child, Jazmine Sullivan, Whitney Houston, Lana Del Rey, Aretha Franklin, Kacey Musgraves, Brandi Carlile, and soooo many more!

- favorite albums: Butterfly, Daydream, The Emancipation Of Mimi, 21, 30, Golden Hour, Melodrama, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, Chromatica, 1989, folklore, Surrender, Heard It In A Past Life, Renaissance, Future Nostalgia, and more.

- favorite voice contestants: my top favs are Janice Freeman, Rose Short, Kimberly Nichole, Kyla Jade, Wendy Moten, MaKenzie Thomas, Sasha Allen, and Sisaundra (my other favs are in my signature!)

i’ve watched The Voice as a casual from season 3 to season 6, became a big fan from  Season 7 to Season 10, became a super fan and idf lurker from season 11 to season 18, and joined idf in season 19!

my music taste is much more diverse in real life compared to on the show… i listen to most genres, including pop, R&B, alternative, country, and a little rap and rock!

Janice 💔

Even with Chloe, Addison and Brooke on the finale I still think "The Story" was my favorite performance of that season.

Also nice to see people mentioning Brandi, I'm honestly not too familiar with her music but I listen whenever she gets Grammy noms and it's good. Y&M on the Rock is in my playlist right now.

9 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

A few things about me:

- I’m a cisgender male (look at signature)

- I’m currently in college as a freshman. I’m busy, and after this week’s results, I may take hiatus from the show but may check this forum every now and then lol.

- My favorite sport is ultimate frisbee. I’m not excellent at it yet since I’m new to it, but I’m making progress. I love to lift weights as well, in fact I can bench more than my body weight, which is nice.

- I did sing when I was younger, but only for a short time. I’ve also played piano, guitar, and euphonium.

- I am interested in medicine, law, or academia as jobs (I may go into industry). I will probably major in biology and either government or public policy, but that may change.

- I love to cook and bake! In fact, I made really delicious cornbread and pecan pie for Thanksgiving. The pecan pie in particular was great.

- I love Taylor Swift. Her tone, her songwriting, her storytelling is all hard to beat.

- I really like alt rock and alternative music, like The Killers and Arctic Monkeys. I also really like Coldplay’s old music, but I’m not as keen on their new music. I just listened to Coloratura the other day though, and it’s pretty cool.

- I like a lot of modern pop artists like Billie Eilish and Harry Styles. I listen to some rap, such as Juice Wrld and Eminem. I even listen to a bit of country, namely Kacey Musgraves, Taylor Swift (old music), Maren Morris, Luke Combs, and even a bit of Johnny Cash. I also lostened to Travis Tritt when I was younger.

- I recently started listening to Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, The Temptations, Aretha Franklin, and Toni Braxton. They can sing! I love soulful voices.

- Not huge on: Olivia Rodrigo, Jason Aldean, The Cranberries (love some covers of their songs but their tone is too weird for me)

- My favorite artists this season have been Devix and bodie

- My favorite coaches are Kelly, John, Gwen, Pharrell, Alicia, JHud, and Miley (sort of)

- Least favorite coach has to be Adam. Not huge on Nick either.

That was a mouthful lol.

More indie and alternative fans ❤️

I really just can't with Olivia Rodrigo lol. I remember everyone praising Rowan's audition and I didn't really like it, but maybe it was just the song...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

So I have been here for a while now, most seasons as a lurker, and I decided to make an account during S14, although I didn't post much at the time (I remember being very cringe back then, thank god that era was buried with the old forums :haha:) I went back to being a lurker not too long after (old IDF was too much for me to handle) and just when I thought I would leave this place for good the pandemic happened, I started posting out of boredom and the rest is history.

I listen to all kinds of music so I made a loooooong list with some artists so you get a sense of my music taste. I bolded my top favorites and added some random comments here and there.

Hide contents

- ABBA (pop perfection)

- Amy Winehouse

- Arcade Fire

- Arctic Monkeys (I have to agree that Mirrorball is a MASTERPIECE, even if their last albums aren't my cup of tea)

- Bad Bunny (I hated reggaeton a few years ago due to the overexposure, but it has grown on me as of late and this guy is the main reason why)

- Bon Iver

- Bjork (Hyper-ballad might be the most beautiful song I haver ever listened to)

- Brandi Carlile

- Cigarettes After Sex (idk why it took me so long to listen to them)

- David Bowie 

- Depeche Mode (If I made a personal top of my favorite songs Enjoy the Silence would easily make my Top 5)

- Fleetwood Mac

- Florence + The Machine (My favorite artist / band of all time! I could write a whole essay about them. My #1 album is from them (How Big, How, Blue...)

- Frank Ocean 

- Glass Animals (It's sad how most people haven't heard anything from them other than Heat Waves, their first two album SLAP)

- Gorillaz (I don't do drugs but I have always wondered what it would be like if I listened to Empire Ants while being stoned)

- Grace Potter 

- Green Day

- Hozier (I wish I had his voice)

- Jason Isbell (I have to thank IDF for this one)

- Janelle Monae (watched the Knives Out sequel last week and she's also a phenomenal actress)

- Jessie Ware (If you liked Future Nostalgia you should listen to her disco album)

- Kacey Musgraves

- Kali Uchis

- Kehlani

- Kelly Clarkson

- Kendrick Lamar

- Lana Del Rey

- Lianne La Havas

- London Grammar (same as Hozier if I was a girl)

- Lorde (Solar Power sucked but her PH and Melodrama are two of my favorite albums)

- Maneskin (their Italian stuff >>>>> their English songs)

- MCR 

- MGMT

- Michael Jackson

- Muse

- No Doubt

- Oasis

- Perfume Genius

- Phoebe Bridgers (I'm more of a "production/melodies over lyrics" guy but I'm drawn to her music for some reason)

- Queen 

- Radiohead

- ROSALÍA

- Stromae

- Sufjan Stevens

- The Beatles

- The Cranberries

- The Civil Wars

- The Killers (My 2nd favorite band! Brandon's voice is The Voice, no question about it. I also have to thank them for writing my fav song of all time (A Dustland Fairytale)

- The Strokes

- The xx (Romy's voice is a treasure)

- The Weeknd

- TøP

- Two Door Cinema Club

- Weyes Blood

- Woodkid

- ZZ Ward

I told you it was long :teeheewave: And this doesn't even cover Spanish music, which makes up about a 1/3 of my Spotify library.

phenomenal taste all around. i would list most of the artists listed here on my list as well

43 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I'm so glad you listened to more of her stuff! Soviet Kitsch always gets me in my feelings everytime a listen to it.

Bjork is a definite influence on her, and while she has many other influences, I don't think there's an artist that matches her specific songwriting style. It's all her in the best ways.

Have you listened to her new album yet? I know you listened to Up the Mountain, but there's so many awesome new stuff in there, specifically these two....

SugarMan is my favorite from the album and Loveology would be in my Top 3 as well 😉

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I thought I was the only one here who watches WWE, but I guess I was wrong (first erik g and now you).

Love Bianca aka Miss EST!

Loved Becky (aka the wife of Mr. Visionary of drip Seat Rollins lol) a lot 2 years ago, but now... not so much.

I like Charlotte too. I remember I was one of the very few people who supported her against Asuka in Wrestlemania 34, 2018 (everyone else at that time was crazy over Asuka).

Sorry, but can't stand Rhea and Bayley lol (talking about what they're current character is).

WWE is so fun to watch! it’s so cool that there’s people on idf that watch it. i started watching during this year’s Royal Rumble and quickly became obsessed. my parents have always watched it so i started watching it with them during the break between seasons 21 and 22 of The Voice! the only problem is that Monday Night Raw is in the same night as The Voice😩

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Loved Bayleys hugger era but that's it😭💔. forever a Bianca stan though

43 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

favorite singers: my top favs are Mariah Carey, Adele, Beyoncé, Destiny's Child, Jazmine Sullivan, Whitney Houston, Lana Del Rey, Aretha Franklin, Kacey Musgraves, and soooo many more!

TASTEEEE

Edited by erik g
  • Like 2

Just now, KimberlyxKyla said:

WWE is so fun to watch! it’s so cool that there’s people on idf that watch it. i started watching during this year’s Royal Rumble and quickly became obsessed. my parents have always watched it so i started watching it with them during the break between seasons 21 and 22 of The Voice! the only problem is that Monday Night Raw is in the same night as The Voice😩

I've been watching it since 2010 (I was 7, I think). I mean everyone knows that kids love John Cena, and he's such an icon, so he was an instant fav of mine. Watched TNA IMPACT too a little bit, and remember seeing "Sting" there.  My fav match is probably "Team Cena Vs Team Authority, Survivor Series, 2014. Bloodline vs Brwaling Brutes was great too. I'm a huge fan of my Trible Chief, Roman Reigns.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Janice 💔

Even with Chloe, Addison and Brooke on the finale I still think "The Story" was my favorite performance of that season.

Also nice to see people mentioning Brandi, I'm honestly not too familiar with her music but I listen whenever she gets Grammy noms and it's good. Y&M on the Rock is in my playlist right now.

More indie and alternative fans ❤️

I really just can't with Olivia Rodrigo lol. I remember everyone praising Rowan's audition and I didn't really like it, but maybe it was just the song...

i’ll remember Janice long after The Voice ends! she was insanely talented, and she went through so much in life yet seemed like such a kind and loving person. such an inspiration💕

and i’m still a newer Brandi fan but i LOVE her music. her past two albums in particular are incredible, i highly recommend them!

My first voice season was season 6 and for some reason my 9 year old self was a huge Tess Boyer STAN like hugeeeee ?? 😭 which is so random no idea why … and then once she left I was the biggest Kat Perkins and Christina Grimmie fan ♥️… season 6 will always be my favorite season. 

Also Im a swiftie and have recently done a Harry Styles deep dive bc of my friends and I’m low key obsessed atm:-) 

so yeah I’m kind of boring  lol 

also rewatching pll atm and watching Wednesday 

and while I’m at it any book recommendations? Preferably cozy/mystery/page turner/fun quick read

A book I recommend is The Inheritance Games and The Silent Patient. 

• Like 1