Best Performance from each contestant: S13 Edition (Keisha Renee, Brooke Simpson, Addison Agen)

Hsamid

Pick the best performances from each contestant.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Keisha Renee

• I cant stop loving you
    • I'm so lonesome I could cry
    • I hope you dance
    • Love can build a bridge
    • Midnight train to georgia
    • It matters to me
    • All by myself
    • Strong enough
    • What hurts the most
  2. 2. Brooke Simpson

• Stone cold
    • You're a big girl now
    • Natural woman
    • It's a man's man's man's world
    • Praying
    • What about us
    • Amazing grace
    • Earned it (duet with davon fleming)
    • Faithfully
    • Wrecking Ball (duet with coach)
    • What is beautiful (original song)
    • O holy night
  3. 3. Addison Agen

• Jolene
    • Girls just wanna have fun
    • Beneath your beautiful
    • Angel from montgomery
    • She used to be mine
    • A case of you
    • Lucky
    • Both sides now
    • Humble and kind
    • Falling slowly (duet song with coach)
    • Tennesee rain (original song)

Apologies if this has been done before with these contestants but it didn't appear on the search engine. Though that doesn't mean much because I haven't been able to find all the "best blind audition of" polls I created even though I know for a fact I did all the double digit seasons. Anyone know a way to find old threads?

Back to the topic at hand.. I'll do a few of these just for fun while I wait for season 22 to end to complete the "unique contestant" polls.

i tried to pick contestants that don't have a clear cut best performance. So you won't be seeing Jordan Smith, Jake Hoot, Sandy Redd and a few others on these polls anytime soon.

Edited by Hsamid

Here are their performances.

Started with these 3 becaause they dont have a clear "defining" performance like Chloe with Landslide or Davon with I am changing. I'd say that's a testament to their consistency in quality of performances, for which they were arguably the best in the competition in that regard 

Brooke Simpson (timestamps in description)

Addison Agen (all performances)

Keisha Renee (in order)

6 minutes ago, Daillon said:

It Matters to Me might be a contender for most underrated The Voice performance of all time. It’s so good.

Keisha in general is underrated around these parts and back when S13 was airing too. I think partly to do with being pretty divisive when singing country reading back at the reddit and primetimer threads. I can only imagine how it was on fb.

• Like 1

Just now, Hsamid said:

Keisha in general is underrated around these parts and back when S13 was airing too. I think partly to do with being pretty divisive when singing country reading back at the reddit and primetimer threads. I can only imagine how it was on fb.

She wasn’t country enough for country fans  and her song choices turned off people who usually root for R&B/Soul powerhouses. It’s a shame, really :(

• Like 1

This is SO impossibly hard. For Brooke, I voted for "You're a Big Girl Now". Her other performances were great, but a lot her songs were a bit overdone. This one was powerful and unique.

For Keisha, I chose "Love Can Build a Bridge", but I loved "Midnight Train to Georgia" and "I'm so Lonesome I Could Cry".

Addison's performance of Jolene will always be my favorite from her, but she really never missed. She covered SO many good songs and I even like her original.

• Hsamid changed the title to Best Performance from each contestant: S13 Edition (Keisha Renee, Brooke Simpson, Addison Agen)

Keisha´s blind remained her best IMO. So good.

Brooke´s battle was my favorite of hers. Everything from the song choice, the harmonies with her partner, and her overall solo parts, in which she took risks with the melody, worked for me big time.

Addison´s best is Both Sides Now IMO. The song itself is beautiful, and she managed to give it the right amount of ache without it seeming cheesy. Great job.

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

This is a pretty big deal because QueenMae16 saying anything good about a Celine's cover is something that hardly happens :haha:

Keisha was one of the few to actually sing a Celine song/version justice. When she went for Celine's version, she WENT for it. I was already a fan of hers but that just earned more of my respect.

I'm still salty she missed the Finale, but oh well.

• Like 3

Keisha: All by myself - this performance was BRILLIANT! This only would have put her in the finale for me! She's so underrated and I just wished people appreciated her more back then. She had many great performances

Brooke: Faithfully - like keisha, brooke had alot of excellent performances - some shined more to me than others. But her semis performance was INSANE! Like she BROUGHT the house down. Absolute chills

Addison: Both sides now - Chills all the way through! Addison was so good her entire run and she had many great performances. I actually almost choose between a case of you and GJWHF but this performance took me over

• Like 1

Keisha - A pile of underwhelming performances. But there is No "None of the above option", so I have to pick one. My pick would be "It Matters to Me" (It was decent)

Brooke - Faithfully

Addison - Hard, but I'll go with "She Used To Be Mine"

Edited by Hamza Tufail