Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0

Steven_

AgitatedEagerHylaeosaurus-max-1mb.gif

Active in the industry for the past 20 years, Jon Bernthal is best known for his portrayal on Shane Walsh on The Walking Dead , a show that I've never seen nor do I have the intention of ever watching it.  However, it seems that his most prominent role is the one of The Punisher in MCU's Daredevil, and an eponymous series - me cutting a MCU actor ? Never heard of it before! He had minor roles in a few movies including Snitch, The Wolf of Wall Street, Fury, Sicario, Baby Driver, Widows, Ford v Ferrari, King Richard, and Sharp Stick.  I am sure that he's good at what he does but he's still fairly unknown to me & I am not very passionate about anything that he's been in. 

SAVING: WILL ARNETT

• Sad 1

Forest Whitaker

GettyImages-1397730814-H-2022.jpg

This was a tough decision to make as three of the four remaining options were saves I made the first half of the game. Unfortunately Forest was not one of them which made him a very easy cut for me. Whitaker is an Oscar winner for his performance in The Last King of Scotland. Whitaker had his breakthrough role in 1987's Good Morning, Vietnam with Robin Williams. From then on he was pretty much everywhere in the 90's, starring in critically acclaimed films such as The Crying Game, Phenomenon, and Ghost Dog. He's also been in a few blockbusters as of recent. Playing Zuri in the original Black Panther movie and Saw Gerrera in some Star Wars projects, specifically Rogue One and Andor. On the tv side of things, he's been starring in Godfather of Harlem for a few years now. I like Forest Whitaker, but I'm not a huge fan. I hope he gets a bigger role in S2 of Andor because Saw Gerrera is an amazing character and a lot of that is thanks to Whitaker's performance.

Save Christina Applegate

• Like 1

Don Cheadle

doncheadle-750x.jpg

Don Cheadle is a perfect human being and I hate cutting him, but he received the very last save in the original game and unfortunately for him he's up against Christina Applegate and Michael K. Williams, both of whom I'm an even bigger fan of. So just like I brought him into this game, I fear I must take him out. You've absolutely seen Don Cheadle on screen at some point in your life. Whether you're an heist movie fan and you've seen him in the Ocean's movies as Basher Tarr, or you're a Marvel fan and you've seen him in those movies and shows as War Machine, or you actually subscribe to Showtime so you've seen him star in House of Lies and then Black Monday for nearly a whole decade. As a human being and as a performer, Don Cheadle is likely not to let you down. Despite the fact that I found Falcon and the Winter Soldier rather boring, Cheadle was one of the highlights of it for me (especially over Stan). He has also received an Oscar nomination for his performance in Hotel Rwanda and has starred in plenty of other iconic films such as Boogie Nights, Out of Sight, Traffic, Cr*sh, Talk to Me, the list goes on. I'm glad I brought him to this point of the game, and I'm sure it may be weird that I'm cutting legends like Forest Whitaker and Don Cheadle over Christina Applegate and Michael K. Williams, but if you've got a problem with that you should've been here first :kissbye:

Save Michael K. Williams

Benedict Cumberbatch 

Bill Murray

Bill Skarsgård

Charlie Hunnam

Daniel Brühl

Daniel Craig

Daniel Radcliffe

Eddie Redmayne

Mark Ruffalo

Matt Smith

Paul Mescal

Richard Madden

Sebastian Stan

Taron Egerton

Elisabeth Moss

Emma Stone

Margaret Qualley

Sally Hawkins

Taraji P. Henson

Tatiana Maslany

Margaret Qualley

440px-MJK_68550_Margaret_Qualley_(Berlinale_2020)_(cropped).jpg

Margaret Qualley is an actress that has been getting some success nowadays, however I'm not very familiar with her work. It seems that I've only seen her on The Nice Guys but I don't really remember her role there. She participated in the miniseries Fosse/Verdon that gave her an Emmy Nomination. She also appeared on films Death Note and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Last year, she also played the main role on the series Maid for which she got another Emmy nomination and a Golden Globe nomination as well. I think I wanted to check Maid for a while but I have millions of show on queue so it seems unlikely that I will anytime soon. Margaret will be appearing on three films slated to be released next year so she's gonna be quite busy.

Saving Taron Egerton

Eddie Redmayne

440px-Eddie_Redmayne_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Well you're lucky that I like all the other nominated actresses and that Derek actually nominated one of my least favorite actors on the game. Eddie Redmayne is one of those actors that annoys me very much for no apparent reason. Yes, his performance on The Theory of Everything was good but also Oscar-baiting but probably the standout in a very weak year for male performances. Then he went to star on The Danish Girl who has to be one of the most boring movies that I've ever watched though I will say that I enjoyed Alicia Vikander very much. I won't go into the whole deal with Eddie playing a transgender woman which is obviously bad enough but then I didn't really like his performance there. It seems that he just wanted another Oscar which sadly almost worked. Besides that, he has been the face of the Fantastic Beasts series where I've only watched the first one which was okay but the two sequels have apparently been terrible so I will probably not check them anytime soon. His most recent film is The Good Nurse which is another case of real-serial killer romanticization so no.

Saving Mark Rufallo 

• Like 1

tumblr_nqvdtxdnDx1rcs9kro1_500.gif

Active in the industry since 1992, Daniel Craig started his career on stage in London which eventually translated to smaller roles / unknown roles on British television shows or movies.  He eventually went on to appear in supporting roles in movies like Elizabeth, Lara Croft : Tomb Raider, Layer Cake and Munich - even with those movies, Daniel Craig remained quite the unknown actor. However, all changed when he was cast as Jasmes Bond in 2006 and eventually appearing in 4 installements of the popular series ; His portrayal was praised by many.  Being James Bond helped him score bigger roles in films like The Golden Compass, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Knives Out. Overall, I do like Daniel Craig but he's not one that I am super passionate about & therefore, I made the decision to cut over actresses and actors that I much prefer over him ; Apologies to his fans. 

SAVING: TATIANA MASLANY

• Like 1

Daniel Bruhl

330px-MJK_68238_Daniel_Br%C3%BChl_(Berli

I just watched Daniel Bruhl in All Quiet on the Western Front, and liked him in that, but he's definitely expendable among these noms. He's done several other war films, with Inglourious Basterds being one example (it put him on the map), and appeared in films like The Bourne Ultimatum (2007), The Fifth Estate (2013), and A Most Wanted Man (2014). He earned a few nominations for the biographical film Rush, which looks good but I haven't seen. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Brühl portrays Helmut Zemo in Captain America: Civil War (2016) and the Disney+ series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021). Recently, he's played Dr. László Kreizler in the Emmy- and Golden Globe-nominated period drama television series The Alienist (2018–2020) for which he earned a nomination for the Golden Globe Award as Best Actor in a TV Motion Picture. That's on my list to watch, but for now out he goes.

Save Elisabeh Moss

9039c06dff18715e90691ee95c87973a.gif

There's no denying that Richard Madden is one of the most attractive actors in the business at the moment, but that's simply not enough for me to save him or keep him in the rankdown. While I do know his name and who he is, I am actually not as familiar with his body of work compared to the other actors / actresses being nominated by Derek ; I know that he has appeared in Bodyguard, a series that I always meant to watch but never got to it #oops.  He also been in Games of Thrones as Robb Stark, but that's another show that I don't watch, and he also been in the live-action of Cinderella in 2015, Rocketman, and 1917.   I have no doubt that we will keep seeing more from Richard Madden, and perhaps, a future Bond ? I know his name has been rumoured, and that would be a James Bond that I would watch. But for now, he's out of the rankdown.

SAVING: SALLY HAWKINS

Paul Mescal

Paul-Mescal-RGB-press.jpg

Apologies to Queen Phoebe Bridgers for cutting your boyfriend, but Paul is easily one of more expendable actors in this game at this point, despite being a cutie. In fact, he might just have the smallest filmography of any actor remaining in this game. Relatively new to the scene. Paul Mescal made his film debut with a supporting role in the psychological drama The Lost Daughter (2021), and has starred in the 2022 drama films Aftersun and God's Creatures. He’s best known for TV series Normal People, which sounds boring. He's also acted in dull plays such as The Great Gatsby. He is also set to star alongside Josh O'Connor in gay romance The History of Sound which I am very excited for, but for now out he goes from the rankdown. 

Save: Benedict Cumberbatch

Edited by ~Tom~