Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Jodie Comer

KE_204_PT_0906_8063_RT-copy.jpg

Villanelle :wub:. Despite Killing Eve being complete and utter shit after the second season (and I'd argue in hindsight, the second season wasn't even that good only first season slapped), I was still not able to turn off the show thanks to the amazing performances and chemistry from Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh. In hindsight I wish I had turned it off before the series finale...but I digress. Jodie is a British actor who got her start from a bunch of British shows. She received praise for her work in Thirteen, but I knew her as Chloe from My Mad Fat Diary (which also turned to shit after the second season, arguably the first lol). She made her way into more mainstream appeal after starring in Killing Eve which earned her many awards love, including an Emmy win. Jodie Comer has certainly begun to make a name for herself worldwide. Last year she starred in a blockbuster Free Guy and an underrated Ridley Scott film The Last Duel. Two pretty impressive gets to have in the same year! I'm sure we'll continue to see Jodie Comer for a long time. But for now, she's the nominee I feel more comfortable cutting.

Save Kirsten Dunst

• Like 1

Jenny Slate

merlin_154398459_e3280e29-1d73-4f38-9087-40855f3a9049-superJumbo.jpg

I went back and forth a few times on this cut, but ultimately I landed on Jenny Slate, who I think would have been cut by Derek anyway if I hadn't. I think Jenny Slate is such a star and I cannot wait for the day the entire world realizes this. Jenny Slate started off as a comedian, and what a talented comedian she is. Just watching her in various talk show interviews always has me in tears. She is also an always reliable comedic joy in whatever movie or show she is in, especially as Mona Lisa in Parks & Rec or playing Liz in the PubLizity sketches in The Kroll Show. However where I really started to pay attention to her was in the lead role of the criminally underrated Obvious Child. The perfect mix or comedy & drama with a beautiful pro-choice message, Jenny Slate killed that role and deserves more love and more leading roles for it. She was also on Big Mouth for a while voicing Missy, but she chose to step away feeling a Black actress should voice the character. I'm sure that was a difficult decision for her, but ultimately I think it was the right one and I'm glad she did that. Like I said I really went back and forth on this, but unfortunately the world just hasn't appreciated Jenny Slate the way they should.

Save Anne Hathaway

• Like 1

Kaitlyn Dever

Kaitlyn-dever-booksmart-premiere.png

Kaitlyn was on Justified, my parents #1 favorite show. She was also on Dopesick. For a couple months, every time I would finish an episode of a show on Hulu, it would malfunction and try to play the Dopesick pilot next. BACK OFF I JUST WANT THE NEXT EPISODE OF THE SHOW I'M ALREADY WATCHING. She was also on Unbelievable and I think Mrs. Lenzen watched that but I did not. brb checking the front page to make sure Toni is still in the game. Okay we good. She got a Golden Globe nom for Dopesick and Unbelievable and an Emmy nom for Dopesick. Short Term 12, Booksmart, I think we're going to be hanging with Kaitlyn for a while so better luck to her next game

Save Jamie Lee Curtis

• Sad 1

Keke Palmer

Keke Palmer by Gage Skidmore.jpg

Oh I forgot Keke has an Emmy. She got it for "Keke Palmer's Turnt Up with the Taylors." I first remember her from Akeelah and the Bee. She was in some other random things like Tyler Perry while she was younger. Apparently she was also in Broadway as part of a Cinderella revival, which I did not know about. I know her best probably from Scream Queens. I just love that show. She also has been trying to break into the music industry with various albums/EPs but no luck charting just yet. Hustlers, Nope. Also this reminds me that I have to watch the SNL episode she just hosted where she announced she was pregnant or something. Keke's charisma is pretty much off the charts and she'd probably have a very easy time surviving amongst a different set of noms

Save Jane K

• Sad 4

Adam Driver
Adam Sandler
Brian Tyree Henry
Christina Applegate
Don Cheadle
Eugene Levy
Forest Whitaker
Gael García Bernal 
Giancarlo Esposito
Halle Berry
Henry Winkler
John C. Reilly
Jon Bernthal
Laurie Metcalf
Michael K Williams
Paul Newman
Steve Carrell
Tina Fey
Uzo Aduba
Will Arnett

Uzo Aduba

26download-superJumbo-v2.jpg

I'm aware of Uzo Aduba's career and all her current success but I haven't watched anything she's been on and I have a lot of favorites on this group of nominations. Uzo is most known for her role on Orange is the New Black, a role that has brought a lot of acclaim from critics and acting awards. She has won two Emmys and two SAG awards from her role. She also appeared on the mini-series Mrs. America for which she also got an Emmy and a Critic Choice Awards. She is clearly very talented so I should definitely check some of her films or series. Some of her films include American Pastoral, Candy Jar, Miss Virginia and Lightyear. She also starred on Broadway in the play Clyde for which she got a Tony Award. Sorry to any fans out there.

Saving Adam Sandler