Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Brenda Blethyn

brenda-blethyn-t.jpg

I hate to say this, I hope I don't sound ridiculous, I don't know who this woman is. I mean she could be walking down the street I wouldn't know a thing. Sorry to this woman. Glad to finally cut her. Nothing against her, but I like literally everyone left in this game and I just know nothing about Brenda Blethyn. She was nominated for two Academy Awards for Secrets & Lies and Little Voice. She's a British actress so she's been nominated for a bunch of BAFTA awards too. According to letterboxd I have seen 0% of her movies. If you're British there's probably a better chance you've heard of her than someone like me would have. Whew I got home at literally the exact right time as noms were posted and the alliances were all texting each other to get cutting and saving. I don't get those texts, I gotta #work hard on my own to save my faves!

Save Margot Robbie

• Like 1

claire-foy.jpg 

First of all, this set of nomination is a choice & it's clear that someone doesn't like good acting!  Anyway, at this point of the rankdown, it's clear that there's no chance of Claire Foy making it to the end of the rankdown since according to a certain ranker, she's only known for 1 role, while eyeing that there's plenty of other artists remaining that are only known for one role, but also I'd argue that Claire Foy is known for more than just 1 role...  In this essay, I will be talking about the great & underrated Claire Foy!  

Following her time at Oxford School of Drama, Claire was able to score a role in Little Dorrit as the lead character - I've never seen the series but it was nominated for some Emmy Awards where it won Outstanding Miniseries. However, it is her role as Anne Boelyn in Wolf Hall that started earning her praise - she was absolutely brilliant in her role, and deserved all the praise that was thrown her way ; This was the first role of hers that she was able to score a nomination at the BAFTA as Best Actress. Now fast-forward, a few years, Claire is portraying another royal but this time,  she was portraying a reigning monarch in Netflix's The Crown - this role was groundbreaking for Claire, and personally my favourite portrayal of her late majesty in the series. ; Her portrayal was worthy of all the praise & accolades including the Golden Globe, Emmy, and SAG for Best Actress in a Drama.  

Following the success of The Crown, she appeared in multiple movies including Breathe, Unsane, The Girl in the Spider's Web, and First Man - out of those, I enjoyed her in Breathe, and thought she was excellent in First Man ; Personally, one of my highlight of the film and I thought she would have had received an Oscar nomination after getting a Golden Glove & SAG one but it wasn't meant to be.   Most recently, she portrayed Margaret Campbell in a Very British Scandal which prove that she's truly an excellent actress in time period drama like this one and The Crown ; I thought it was going be enough to score another Emmy nomination but again, who knows how hard they campaigned for it.  And she is currently starring in Sarah Poley's Women Talking - a film that could be in contention at the Oscars if all goes well - and I've only heard great things about the movie & the acting from the ensemble, and I am looking forward to see it.

And I am sure that we will more from Claire Foy on the small and big screen in many more roles. And hoping that this proves that she has done more than just 1 role! 

SAVING: SAOIRSE RONAN

Taraji P Henson

Getty_TarajiPHenson_010622.jpg

When it comes to Taraji P Henson I immediately think of Empire, which I've only seen bits and pieces of, and Person of Interest, which I really iked but never got around to finishing. She's known as well for her starring role as Katherine Goble Johnson in Hidden Figures. She's also been in movies like Karate Kid and Four Brothers, but alas I don't really remember her roles in those. Person of Interest, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button as Queenie and Hidden Figures are what I remember her in and I can't justify keeping her around based on those alone. Congrat to her for being the first African-American woman to win a Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series for Empire and for winning a Golden Globe, but out she goes from the rankdown now.

Save: Ann Dowd

24 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

. Whew I got home at literally the exact right time as noms were posted and the alliances were all texting each other to get cutting and saving. I don't get those texts, I gotta #work hard on my own to save my faves!

This is a bold assumption

• Like 2

Brie Larson

Brie Larson's Fitness Routine: 16 Things That Keep Her Fit AF

Not a cut I want to make, but with people making passion saves and in a tough set of noms I am left with no choice but to let Brie go. I guess I don't feel too bad because she was brought back into the game so her ranking here is better than what it was before. I think Brie is very talented and have to give her props for a couple of movies in particular. The first of course is for her Oscar-winning turn in Room, where she played a mother who was recently freed from forced captivity, where she lived with her son in a man's shed. It was a very hard movie to watch and Brie was devastating in the movie. However, I think she was even stronger in Short Term 12, which is one of my favorite movies. She plays the supervisor/counselor of a group home for at-risk teenagers. She gives a quietly haunting performance that has stuck with me ever since I watched it. Brie is talented and versatile, from playing a pop star in Scott Pilgrim Vs the World to a superhero goddess in Captain Marvel to her litany of dramatic roles over the years. I like her a lot and do not think she deserves to go at all, but Emma, Carey and Michelle are all women that I am a bigger fan of so she is the odd one out.

Save: Emma Stone

• Sad 1