Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

tumblr_oei4sqgtOB1rnyf4xo1_540.gif

Vera Fermiga is an actress that I do like, but unfortunately, I am not familiar with filmography as a whole compare to Allison, Helena, and Sandra.  As an actress, I was first introduced to Vera Fermiga in her critically acclaim portrayal of Alex Gorgan in Up In The Air, for which she earned her sole Academy Award nominations. But many people on this board will know Vera for her portrayal of Lorraine Warren in the Conjuring Universe, which included The Conjuring, The Conjuring 2, Annabelle Comes Homes and The Conjuring : The Devil Made Made - I am not an horror film so I've never seen those films & I cannot comment on her acting in those film.  If you have never seen UP In the Air or The Conjuring, you may know her for her incredible portrayal of Norma Bates in Bates Motel, for which she once again received critically acclaimed & rightfully so ; She also received an Emmy nomination for this role as well for her role in When They See Us for which she portrayed a prosecutor in the case - it was not Sarah Paulson level but it was a very good portrayal.   If those projects are still unfamiliar to you, you may have seen her in The Departed, The Manchurian Candidate, The Front Runner, Hawkeye, Orphan, or The Boy in the Stripped Pyjamas.  All in all, she's an incredible actress whom I'd be interested in more role like Up In The Air but at this point of the game, this is a great showing for her.

• Like 1

giphy-110.gif

I was torn between the three remaining actresses, as I like all of them to a certain degree, but I decided to make the difficult decision to cut Sandra Oh as I believe that her body of work has less variety than the other twos, and very much expandable at this point, in my opinion.  Sandra Oh is an actress that is respected in the business and loved by many - as a Canadian, I am always happy to see Canadians, like Sandra Oh, achieve great things.  At the start of her career, Sandra would often score roles on Canadian made television or movies, as well as minor roles in films and television such as Big Fat Liar, The Princess Diaries, Popular, Judging Amy, Six Feet Under - although some of the roles she scored were more significant than others such as her role in Sideways, Under the Tuscan Sun, and Hard Candy.  However, everything changed for Sandra Oh when she scored the role of Cristina Yang on Grey's Anatomy for more than 10 seasons - I cannot believe that the show is still on after all these years, and I believe that a case could be made that it's time to end the show as there's only so many things that you can cover that haven't been covered but I digress.  Anyway, back to Sandra Oh!  For her role in Grey's Anatomy, she has received plenty of praises including a Golden Globe, and 5 nominations at the Emmys Awards...  After leaving Grey's Anatomy, she has been able to really dissacoiate herself from Grey's Anatomy - something many actors has struggled to do - with her critically acclaimed role in Killing EVe for which she has received more Emmy Awards nominations & another Golden Globe for her role ; The show certainly had his high and lows but there's no denying her incredible portrayal in it.  She also has borrowed her voice to many films & series such as Over the Moon, Raya and the Last Dragon, Turning Red, She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, and the Invicible.   She has broke many doors and barriers for many actors, and her legacy in the industry will continue to be felt for a long time, all while she continue to score roles on the small & big screen for many years to come.

Edited by *Chris

Woody Harrelson

330px-Woody_Harrelson_191020-N-NU281-102

While I have a few minutes, let's try and do this. Out of the four presented to me, Woody was the easiest cut as I love the other three but just like Woody. He first became known for his role as Woody Boyd (a bartender) on Cheers, for which he won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor. I expect most if not all of us know him for his role in Zombieland where he played Charlie Frost, and his best role is widely considered to be The Messenger, where he played Captain Tony Stone and was nominated for several awards. Other roles of his include No Country for Old Men, Thin Red Line, and Wag the Dog. While I liked him in No Country for Old Men, I can't say as much for Thin Red Line because I don't remember much of that film, boring. He was also excellent as Haymitch in The Hunger Games films as well as in True Detective which I've been getting back into. He's a strict vegan and an anarchist, interesting combination there. Congrats to him on getting this far, well-deserved, but out he must go now.

Helena Bonham Carter

330px-Helena_Bonham_Carter_2011_AA.jpg

This decision was difficult, but as Nichols and Hugh are two of my few favorite men remaining, I had to save them. Helena Bonham Carter is known for her dark aesthetic annd her portrayal of quirky women, particularly in period pieces. Her big break came by playing Lucy Honeychurch in A Room with a View (1985) and the title character in Lady Jane (1986). Her most well-known modern role is Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter films, where she was brilliant. I want to draw particular attention to the scene where she portrayed Hermione-turned-Bellatrix, magnificent. Other roles include Fight Club (1999), Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005), Great Expectations (2012) as Miss Havisham, Les Misérables (2012), Ocean's 8 (2018), and Enola Holmes (2020, just recently watched, was great!). Other notable roles include Queen Elizabeth in the King's Speech. Her collaborations with her former partner Tim Burton include Big Fish (2003), Corpse Bride (2005), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005, one of the few bright spots), Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) as Mrs. Lovett, Alice in Wonderland (2010) as the Red Queen, and Dark Shadows (2012). In particular, I recommend Sweeney Todd to anyone who hasn't seen it yet! On the television side, she portrayed Princess Margaret in seasons three and four of The Crown. She has numerous accolades as well, including two Academy Awards, four British Academy Television Awards, five Primetime Emmy Awards, and nine Golden Globe Awards. Sadly, her time in the rankdown ends here.