Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Julie Andrews

julie andrews anniversary GIF by Disney

Academy Awards[edit]

Year Category Nominated work Result Ref.
1964 Best Actress Mary Poppins Won [2]
1965 The Sound of Music Nominated

[3]

honestly, Julie Andrews could have retired permanently after those films and still be considered one of the greatest Hollywood legends ever. But did she stop after that? No. Thoroughly Modern Millie, Victor/Victoria (another Best Actress nomination), Pink Panther, Princess Diaries, Shrek, Enchanted, Despicable Me... she also did tons of television appearances, including a lot of sketch/variety shows and specials.

Mary Poppins was her on-camera film debut. Insane! It could have been My Fair Lady but apparently some nobody named Audrey something beat her out for the part. Julie was in consideration because she played My Fair Lady on broadway and was nominated for Best Actress Tony Award. She also got recognized by the Tonys for Camelot. You may be thinking... wow, she's so multi-talented, I wonder if she has her EGOT? Well she has her Oscar for Mary Poppins, multiple Grammys including the Mary Poppins soundtrack, multiple Emmys including one for The Julie Andrews Hour.... but what about the Tonys???? This acclaimed stage actress who got her start on broadway???? What is going on????? She was nominated for Best Actress in 1957 and 1961 but lost out to Julie Holliday and Elizabeth Seal respectively. Then the Tonys realized they are insane morons and tried to nominate Julie again in 1996 for Victor/Victoria. OBVIOUSLY they were going to anoint her with the EGOT then. It was clear to everyone. And Julie said "nah bro." She DECLINED THE NOMINATION because she thought that they didn't give the rest of her cast enough credit for the production. She probably thought it was just an honorary nomination! She didn't want it!!! SHE CHOSE TO NOT GET HER EGOT FOR THAT!!!!!!!!! Queen, wow. Donna Murphy instead won that year for The King and I. 

Anyway, Julie has had an absolutely bonkers career but the greatest hits were back in an older era and our game is skewing to more recent/contemporary works so we are saying curtains to Julie for now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Who is still in from last year's top 20 @Steven_? I think DDL was one of the last ones standing. Just Weisz and JLD off the top of my head maybe? Maybe Ronan too idk?

There are a few others left too if I remember correctly, but I have to look it up to be sure.