Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

CYCLE 9: 3 VS 3

21kjsbvkasbvk.jpg?resize=1536,864

It's time for Battle Rounds.

The rules for this cycle are inspired by Blue Lock. In one round of competition, two teams of three go against each other. The winning team advances, but they also get to select one of their opponents to progress to the next stage with them. The other two are left behind.

For this cycle, you will go head-to-head with another ranker. You each will have to nominate three actors/actresses for elimination.

The other four rankers will VOTE TO SAVE one of the two nomination trios. 

The ranker whose nominations are saved will then save one of his opponent's three nominations. The remaining two actors/actresses will be eliminated from the game.

If there is a 2-2 tie, then both rankers will choose to eliminate one actor/actress from his opponent's nominations.

Send me your nominations and votes privately via PM, preferably in an existing PM thread.

Names are at a first come, first served basis. If your opponent already picked the same person(s) as you, then I'll tell you to pick someone else.

The battle order will be done alphabetically by the letter you chose earlier.

Here are the match-ups:

GROUP A

Alex vs. Andy

GROUP B

Rei vs. Tom

GROUP C

Chris vs. Derek

Six actors/actresses will be eliminated by the end of this first Battle Round.

If you have any questions, then let me know.

@Alex95 @#jeah @*Chris @FrogLenzen @.Rei @~Tom~

Anthony Perkins

Tomorrow's Stars Yesterday: Anthony Perkins, 1957 | Golden Globes

I recently saw Psycho for the first time ever just a couple months back and of course Anthony Perkins was amazing in it, so I've kind of left him alone all game. But we're at the point where I am basically a fan of everyone left to some extent so he was an easy name for me to put up. Anthony Perkins was an American actor best known for his role as Norman Bates in Psycho. That turned him into a pop culture phenomenon and he went on to create quite the legacy for himself. He often played characters who weren't incredibly masculine and straddled the line of femininity. This of course played over into his personal life, where rumors about his sexuality swirled his whole life. He was married to a woman but had relationships with men (including Tab Hunter) throughout his life as well. Unfortunately, he died at the age of 60 from AIDS-related complications, one of countless unfair deaths from HIV/AIDS. Anthony was an incredible talent with countless accolades but his time in the rankdown is done.

Steve Martin

Steve Martin Was A Mega Heartthrob Back In The Day | Steve martin, Actors,  Celebrities male

I actually LOVE Steve Martin and only targeted him because there is NO way he is making the top 20. A primarily comedic actor as well as a very talented musician, Steve Martin is a very versatile talent who has really made quite the name for himself. Steve has won five Grammy Awards, and Emmy, and an honorary Academy Award for his work in the entertainment industry. My personal favorite Steve Martin roles are from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Father of the Bride/Father of the Bride 2, Cheaper by the Dozen, and the new Only Murders in the Building. He has a very unique brand of comedy, it's slightly deadpan and ironic but with a little bite to it. Idk how else to explain it lmfao. Experts call it "anti-comedy." Steve Martin is a legend who I really love, but I think this is a fair spot for him and the people have spoken!

On 1/31/2023 at 3:04 PM, .Rei said:

I will be cutting queen Maya :(

On 1/31/2023 at 4:41 PM, ~Tom~ said:

I do not like cutting a man when they’re dropping like flies, but I will cut Bill Hader.

Reminder for these write-ups.

23 hours ago, Steven_ said:

GROUP C BATTLE

TEAM CHRIS

Bryan Cranston

Colin Farrell

Kathryn Hahn

vs.

TEAM DEREK

Ann Dowd

Elle Fanning

Marion Cotillard