Canada vs. The World (Premiering November 18th)

*Chris

On 11/28/2022 at 3:53 PM, *Lily said:

I don't think I paid enough attention to Canada's Drag Race Season 2 to really appreciate the excellence that is Icesis Couture so I need to go back and rewatch as soon as this season has done. What a star!

You know Icesis is That Bitch™️ when Andrew & myself, @*Chris and @Zoey all agreed to have her as our favourites from that season.

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 2

On 11/28/2022 at 8:53 PM, *Lily said:

I don't think I paid enough attention to Canada's Drag Race Season 2 to really appreciate the excellence that is Icesis Couture so I need to go back and rewatch as soon as this season has done. What a star!

I’m rewatching it and the only thing that’s changed for me is how I think Kendall is even more underwhelming than I did previously. :ph34rwave:

How she was chosen to represent Canada over the likes of Pythia, Gia, Lemon and Scarlet amazes me.

57 minutes ago, Zoey said:

How she was chosen to represent Canada over the likes of Pythia, Gia, Lemon and Scarlet amazes me.

She was a last minute replacement for Miz Cracker.

Pythia said no to returning and Lemon probably wasn’t asked since she was on UKvTW (and likely would’ve said anyway).

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Pythia said no to returning and Lemon probably wasn’t asked since she was on UKvTW (and likely would’ve said anyway).

So they literally only cast two Canadian queens? :whut:

21 hours ago, Elliott said:

c6532da185e42fe70adcd60374d503eb.gif

I remember hearing TKB’s name too, I’m pretty sure she was in the running up til the last minute (lol @ them just working through the whole AS6 cast)

So I have feelings about this episode... So did hte judges just want to give 6 people wins in the first 3 episodes?  Otherwise, how can you even explain Icesis only being safe, and not high (though it doesn't look like there was a high just a Top 2 and low/bottom queens). I... dont understand.

1.  Icesis Couture - How?  I am so confused as to why she wasn't in the Top 2 this week.  Her lingerie look was the second best after Victorias, and her unconventional materials look was jaw dropping.  Her snow look was was also very different from her show queen look.  Literally killed each category and her last look was the best one of the night. 

2. Silky Nutmeg Ganache - I will say I think Victorias collection of looks tonight were stronger.  However I liked Silkys lipsync outfit more, and I thought the lipsync was pretty fantastic from both but Silky pulled it out right at the end with her coco montrese moment.

3. Victoria Scone - Her first and third looks were fantastic! I kinda hated her lipsync look though, but a strong episode for her all around.

4. Rajah O'Hara - I think she did well in all of her categories but I think the first two were sort of similar for me, and I didn't look the segmented blues in her final look.  I would have rathered everything after the top portion been the purple that the bottom had.  

5. Anita Wigl'it - I do think her track record was comfortably the weakest so I am fine with her elimination.  That said I think her collection of looks were better then Vanity and Rita's.  I liked her lingerie and snow looks.

6. Vanity Milan - I loved her first look and it was better solo look then Rita's best look so I am ranking her higher.  I also think she's performed better in the competition then Rita has.

7. Rita Baga - the weakest collection of the night for me, and her second look was the strongest of the three.

Edited by Solaris

Icesis definitely should have been, at least more than safe. I was fine with the Silky/Victoria top 2 however totally understand the argument for Icesis taking one of those spots, another killer week for her.

This was Silky’s episode for me though, I thought this was the most stunning she’s ever looked, LOVED both the first two looks and a great lip-sync

Icesis was robbed. Strongest collection of the night followed by Victoria and Silky.  

Vanity should have been safe, and Ra’jah should have been receiving critics as she was easily in the bottom 3.

Rita & Anita were the bottom of the week. Anita deserved to go home - hated every single one look, her makeup and her wigs also really bothered me ; her drag hadn’t really elevated since her season imo. 

Glad Rita got saved and I hope she can get her breakthrough next week, both on runway and in the challenge. 

57 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Icesis definitely should have been, at least more than safe. I was fine with the Silky/Victoria top 2 however totally understand the argument for Icesis taking one of those spots, another killer week for her.

This was Silky’s episode for me though, I thought this was the most stunning she’s ever looked, LOVED both the first two looks and a great lip-sync

Agreed with you on Silky! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

I loved her first two looks, but I thought her third look was kinda messy. :ph34rwave:

14 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I loved her first two looks, but I thought her third look was kinda messy. :ph34rwave:

I liked the concept of the third look, execution could have been cleaner. But loved the first two so was good with her win!

9 minutes ago, Solaris said:

preach the way she could have been Win-Win-Win and the world would have been better for it.  

The way this season should’ve just been called Icesis vs The World. The sequel to what is retroactively known as Icesis vs The Rest of Canada.

• Haha 2

Good episode this week but there’s a crystal clear divide between the queens who are underwhelming and the ones who are capable of great things this season. I don’t think there’s really an in between.

The Ball

01. Silky - The Reverend delivered both in the Werk Room and on the runway. This episode was pretty much dedicated to her once again. Her wandering around the work room and giving a commentary was hilarious. I loved all of her looks and think she was a very deserving winner. She ate Victoria alive in the lip-sync and I lived. 
02. Icesis - Safe? SAFE? nope. Icesis deserved to be in the top two this week which makes me believe @Elliott’s theory to be wrong and the judging to be of the Down Under standard. I’d love to think that she’s getting the safe edit because she’s a threat but I don’t believe it. She deserved to win or be high in every single episode.

03. Victoria - I went from not caring about Victoria on the UK version to enjoying her the first week of this season and now I’m not really enjoying her. Good looks which deserved a high placement but something about her personality really irks me.

04. Ra’Jah - I don’t remember any of her looks on the runway and I don’t expect that from a seamstress. She did three ohm’s in about 5 minutes which gave me a headache. 

05. Vanity - I know it’s only been three weeks but Vanity has slowly declined since her first week. I hope she’s able to climb from her. 

06. Anita - One good look this week but I don’t think she was able to give us the greatness she did during her original season. I don’t think she stacked up against this cast which saddens me.
07. Rita - I didn’t like any of her looks on the runway and found her to be invisible this episode which I didn’t mind.

• Like 1

Spreading out the wins to keep a target off of Icesis's back?

Spreading out the wins so that if Icesis gets eliminated, the show doesn't die instantly?

All I know is that Icesis will be the first queen to get three crowns, one for Canada 2, one for Canada vs. the World, and one for All Winners 3

Such a shame about Icesis but good for her for doing what was right for her mental health. She was amazing this season!

I’m adoring Silky this time around. As much as I went into this season being team Ra’Jah and Vanity (and I still am; team SRV always) Silky is just delivering for me on every level and I’d love to see her win.

Take Rita out and this would be a stellar top 4 for me (although doubt that this season wouldn’t have a Canada rep in the finals, and I’m nervous for Vanity next week)

Super sad to see Icesis leave, but I’m glad she recognized she needed to focus on her health. She still remains an icon, can’t help but be sad we lost her right before the stand-up challenge. :(

Otherwise, I think I agreed with the results? I may have to rewatch to see if I preferred Ra’jah or Rita in the challenge, but this episode was the most I enjoyed Rita so far.

Great lip sync, but I’m glad it ended in a non-elimination because if we lost Icesis and Ra’jah in the same episode, I would’ve thrown a BF.

Curious to see how next week shakes out, but I’m lowkey getting a Silky winner vibe.