Canada vs. The World (Premiering November 18th)

*Chris

On 10/18/2022 at 10:39 AM, Zoey said:

Definitely has a different attitude from her original season but I still don’t know whether that was the intense pressure or editing. I like her more than I used to so that’s something.

She’s said before that she wasn’t in a good place mentally during S11.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:39 AM, Zoey said:

Alaska irritates me with her “hiiiiiiii” now too. I don’t think Laganja is shown enough to be irritating and I will never find Shangela annoying because she’s a QUEEN. 

Ra’Jah has had a glow up but I don’t find her to be as great as everyone says anyway. 🤷‍♀️ Definitely has a different attitude from her original season but I still don’t know whether that was the intense pressure or editing. I like her more than I used to so that’s something.

See, this logic makes sense to me. Totally fair reasoning.

And Elliott is right that Ra’jah was mentally unwell during S11’s filming. Part of why I like her so much is her willingness to talk about mental health and the inspiration of seeing her climb out of such a dark hole. She was a completely different person in AS6 and that’s really inspiring to me as someone who has had his fair share of mental health issues.

Edited by #jeah
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Vanity ATE that entire episode omg.

Rita being in the top two? With Ra’jah, Silky, Icesis and even Victoria right there? I don’t think.

I love Anita but feel like she did the worst in the episode. :ph34rwave:

• Like 1

Vanity slaying the episode and getting that coin as she should! :wub:

Rita being in the top 2 was a choice. I'd have had Victoria or Icesis there personally (thought they were the two other standouts in each group). The whole SRV group was fantastic though.

I'm fine with Kendall going home first, nobody did bad this episode IMO but she and Stephanie were a little meh for me.

• Like 1

Really happy with Vanity winning but think it should’ve been Icesis. How was she only safe? :whut: Silky still getting her Rudemption is just amazing. :wub: Watching her in the background of everything is a show in itself. Rita in the top two? I don’t think. Her runway was a mess and that lip-sync outfit was an absolute choice.

Episode one

01. Icesis - One of my all time favourites. She slayed everything this week. 

02. Vanity - She’s deserving of the win and I loved the fact she was able to address the ongoing issues going on across the world to a different audience. 

03. Silky - TV gold. She came in exactly like she did on her original season but now people are embracing her for being her. One of Silky’s best runways too.

04. Victoria - I’m not a Victoria Scone fan but she did well. I didn’t understand the herpes virus on the top of her runway though. That confused me!
05. Ra’Jah - Not the strongest week for her but I’m glad we didn’t get her screaming “oh my god” every five seconds. I’m getting pretty bored of the purple runways so I hope she can bring something else.

06. Anita - She was underwhelming in both the challenge and runway but she didn’t really do bad so I can understand why she was safe.

07. Rita - I thought her performance was solid but it wasn’t anything special. Her runway was a mess and that lip-sync was horrendous. I don’t think she stands up next to the other more polished queens.
08. Stephanie - Her runway saved her this week. I don’t think her talents translate well on Drag Race but I’m hoping she can prove me wrong next week.
09. Kendall - Underwhelming in every aspect.

Overall

01. Icesis

02. Silky

03. Vanity

04. Anita

05. Victoria

06. Stephanie

07. Ra’Jah

08. Rita

I watched the first episode and I have many thoughts.  Firstly why did they call it SVR, I can think of two names that would have been at the very least better.  SeRVe or VeRSe.  Also found it funny how my three favorite runways were all called safe. So I am already have a problem with queens seemingly relying on their schticks that they did last time. Ra'Jah and Rita were both culprits of it.

Episode 1:

1. Vanity Milan - she did kill both the lipsync and the verse. Very strong showing right out of the gate. I also liked her runway.

2. Icesis Couture - Best entrance look, best runway, second strongest verse.  How could she not be Top/high?  Robbed of a win!

3. Victoria Scone - I am surprised how much I liked her.  I knew I enjoyed her for her brief time in Season 3.  She's funny, her verse was great and all of her outfits were on point.

4. Silky Nutmeg Ganache - stunning runway.  Might be the best shes ever looked. The verse was okay, but I liked her spirit tonight. Only thing I don't like is her confessional look, but I also didn't like her AS6 one haha.

5. Ra'Jah O'Hara - thankfully only 1 oh my god tonight.  I liked her as a whole.  My only little problem was her verse was too wordy, and as a result her lip sync was not lined up at all in the last half.  She was playing catch up.  That said, all three of her looks tonight were great!

6. Rita Baga - how was this Top 2?  I came into this season wanting to root for her.  I hate this alien hot dog queen thing though. Her runway was fun, but I did not like her verse, nor did I like what she wore during her performance. Rita please reference Giselle in ther future if you want to do a good french and english hybrid verse.

7. Anita Wiglet - disappointing runway, but I understood what she was doing with her verse.  No issues with her being low, hopefully she has the opportunity to step thinks up.

8. Kendall Gender - I understood what she was trying to do with her runway, but it still wasn't elevated enough.  Her verse was not bottom 2 worthy though in my opinion.

9. Stephanie Prince - I preach about more asian representation, but she would have been my choice to eliminate this round.  Her verse wasn't good.  Her runway was impactful though!

22 hours ago, Zoey said:

Really happy with Vanity winning but think it should’ve been Icesis. How was she only safe? :whut: 

One theory I saw (that I think holds weight) is that they’re probably trying to downplay her threat level initially. She didn’t get a special entrance like some of the other stunt reveals did (BeBe in AS3, Latrila in AS4, etc.) so it makes sense to have her just safe.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Solaris said:

Rita please reference Giselle in ther future if you want to do a good french and english hybrid verse

They filmed CvTW right after CDR3 so she wouldn’t have known Giselle was a finalist. :haha:

11 hours ago, *Lily said:

I'm excited for a full season of this and none of you can stop me ❤️

I made the mistake of clicking this by accident whilst scrolling and I genuinely thought it was that drilled in to my mind that I was imagining it. :dead:

The fear!

10 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

it's very rare for me to not really "get" a queen, but it happens and it can make everything they do extremely bothersome to me

Me watching Rita go full MILF drag during the lip sync tbh.

Still like Rita - didn’t expect her to be the Top 2 but I enjoyed her runway, and I loved the camp she brought to the lip sync. I’m in the minority, I know.

I think Victoria or Ra’Jah could have had been in the top 2 - I think Victoria runway knocked her down a bit. 

Icesis runway was great but wasn’t blown away by her performance in the group so fine with her being safe.

Kendall and Stephanie came back too soon. I predict Stephanie to be the next one out. 

This was an interesting episode.  Watching everyone bomb the reading challenge was fun.  Like last episode there was one person who Dominated the episode. I thought this runway was fantastic from everyone.

1.  Icesis Couture - its not even funny that this cast has to compete against her.  She had the best runway, was the only choice really to win snatch game and slaughtered that lipsync to Avril.  Look queen of the season? Check.  Comedy queen?  Check.  Lip sync assassin? Check.  Icesis is truly a force of nature and is proving exactly why she won the first time.  Her Donatella was brilliantly played.

2. Victoria Scone - I liked the Kim Woodburn, but I thought her runway was absolutely incredible.

3. Ra'Jah O'Hara - the default second place for snatch game.  She did a great job and that was enough to put her in the Top 2.  Her make up on her runway was pretty amazing. Didn't Oh My God me, so its a good night.

4. Vanity Milan - I really liked her Spice, even though I don't know who that is.  Probably my least favorite runway of the week, I just think it was the material I thought was weird.

5. Rita Baga - not nearly as good as her first snatch game.  Looked great though.

6. Silky Nutmeg Ganache - I didn't hear Lizzo at all.  Big step down from her first snatch game.  I loved the dragon breathing smoke out from her hand though.  

7. Anita Wigl'it it sucks to see her struggling but she was no Ginger Minj with her Adele.  Broken record but she looked the best she's ever looked on the runway tonight.

8. Stephanie Prince - worst snatch game but looked amazing on the runway.

Edited by Solaris

What a disappointing episode this was after the first. 😥 I have such high hopes for this season so I hope it picks up. Some of these queens are naturally hilarious so it sucks everyone did either mediocre or bad during the reading challenge and Snatch Summit. This vs the World has the ability to be ten times what the first was and I’m praying it is. Two Canadian’s leaving back to back is surprising because they had the numbers but it’s fun to see that nationalities don’t matter too.

01. Icesis - She proved that she’s a star and why she won the first time around. She can do everything! She was able to keep the energy up throughout that lip-sync whilst Ra’Jah looked tired halfway through. She’s just at 100 every single time and I think she’s exciting.

02. Victoria - I don’t think anyone below Icesis did a great job but Victoria did a solid job this week. I do wish that Victoria’s tone would’ve been different when she spoke with Stephanie because I thought it came across a bit confrontational rather than trying to raise some awareness of why it could be offensive but it ended well. Maybe it was because it was done in a group and was set up by the producers. Who knows!

03. Silky - The runway was something different from Silky and I enjoyed her this week. I don’t think Silky is capable of becoming a different character for the challenges but being Silky helped her this week. 
04. Ra’Jah - I’m just not on the Ra’Jah train like the rest of you. Decent job in the Snatch Summit but I was bored by everything else. I don’t think she’s as funny as everyone else does. I find her irritating most of the time but maybe that’s because I’m always on edge waiting for her to “oh my god” so I can fast forward quickly.

05. Vanity - A step down from last week. Her Snatch Summit performance was pretty much like her first but it had more energy. Her runway really let her down and it did look cheap next to the rest. That runway would’ve fit in with her first run.

06. Anita - I don’t think she was horrendous but she didn’t do anything special either. I didn’t love the runway either. I’m hoping for a comedy challenge next so that she can at least attempt to get a high before she’s out.

07.  Rita - I remember zero from the Snatch Summit and I don’t enjoy her runways. 
08. Stephanie - She just made noise throughout the Snatch Summit but her runways truly are amazing. Stephanie’s talents just don’t translate well to this competition which is sad because she has a lot of promise. 

Overall

01. Icesis

02. Silky

03. Vanity

04. Anita

05. Victoria

06. Ra’Jah

07. Rita