Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Frank Grimsley 

1b91f3f0-cac9-11ec-bc91-e7092dbf243b_800

This game is heading down the wrong path very quickly, so I'll cut a winner from the Circle, one of the shows who only have a few winners but who could hang around long past their due because of focus on shows with a lot of winners, or threats due to pettiness. Frank Grimsley is the winner of The Circle season 4 (on Netflix). He is a licensed therapist and school social worker and is from Maryland. Apprently Frank started his career as a host for an event management company and additionally was involved with a plus-size shopping company. He creates content apart from being a therapist and won the show due to his charm, wit and positivity. Apparently there were flirting scenes that weren't shown. No iterest in watching this show so time to go. 

Dawna Stone - The Apprentice: Martha Stewart

Dawna Stone – You Can Have A Better Life

Dawna was a great candidate for the position as Martha Stewart's apprentice. The problem, perhaps, is that she was too great. The producers seem to have selected their winner first, then went about gathering together a band of entertaining losers to participate in their farce of a competition. At the end of the finale, Dawna drove away in her "brand new car," and I wouldn't be surprised if they already had her full name engraved on the key. I took Martha Stewart seriously until I saw this travesty of a show. Jim makes it to third place? Come on.

🙄

Edited by Qorey

grace-vanderwaal.gif

Grace VanderWaal, winner of the 11th season of America's Got Talent, has been on my radar for a while now & considering the singers that have been cut in the last few days, I think it's time to eliminate her.  At the time of her audition, she was 12 years and performed an original song, "I Don't Know My Name" - her audition went viral after getting a gold buzzer from Howie Mandel. She was often praised for her ~*unique tone*~ as if she was the first one to have that tone but I've never cared for it.  All of her performances sounded the same & there was nothing too exciting about them, and I do think she's an overrated winner from America's Got Talent especially when she was against The Clairvoyants, Brian Justin Crum, Jon Dorenbos, and Laura Bretan - the superior "young" contestant of that season.  Since her win, she has found success with her original material and starring in Stargirl on Disney.  Overall, she's good at what she does but it's nothing that WOW's me as I find other artists have done it better than her.

While I'm not mad about it especially considering some recent cuts, I thought baby Taylor Swift Grace VanderWaal would have been one of, if not the last, AGT winners standing. 😮 :haha: I like her but didn't love her as much as the show did.

Du-Shaunt "Fik-Shun" Stegall

Fikshun10.png&ehk=gkFOgaXINZfxaWDHYQyjjW

Du-Shaunt "Fik-Shun" Stegall is a dancer and actor from Kansas. He started dancing around five years old. He auditioned for Season 10 of So You Think You Can Dance and became the male winner of the season. After he won the show, Fik-Shun began a career as a television personality. He mentored Kida Burns on Season 13 of So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation and won with him. He made his acting debut on the dance TV series "Making Moves". He is very popular on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Fik-Shun was also on the first season of World of Dance.

• Sad 1

Miss Gigi out here cutting all my favorites one by one. 😢 :dead: 

Although the Fik-Shun one isn't nearly as tough as the Cyrus and Trent ones. :haha: I did enjoy him and consider him my favorite male of Season..... 10, though. :haha: 

David Atherton

8571f1e2a194f68fd017de6d88d91cb51e-06-da

David Atherton was the other person I was considering cutting from The Great British Bake Off earlier in this week. I went for Joanne Wheatley at first but now it's David's turn to go. David Atherton is the Series 10 winner of The Great British Bake Off[/i] in 2019. A fun fact I'm reading right away about David was that he was the only baker to win this competition without ever winning a Star Baker challenge. That's quite odd to see. But David did prove his consistency as he was one of the judges' favorites on five different challenges. I'm assuming this means he was in the Top 2 those weeks but he just never won. But he won the final, where it most mattered. He only landed in the Bottom 2 once (which was Episode 9). Although from the stats I'm seeing, it looks like Alice and Steph were more consistent, as Alice won 2 Star Baker honors and Steph won 4 Star Baker honors. Hmmm.

I'm also seeing more about David's consistency with his excelling in the Technical Challenges where he came in the top two on seven occasions prior to the final. The dish that won him the competition in the final was his illusion picnic basket Showstopper which really impressed Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith.  I hope you all enjoyed these fun facts I learned about David. Hopefully this cut is okay with the viewers of this show.

Alex & Sierra (X-Factor - US Season 3)

The X Factor's Alex & Sierra Break Up

I'm pretty sure Wallace and I are the only ones who like Melanie Amaro, so I better take this opportunity to give her the X-Factor US win before she gets cut along with all my other faves in the last couple days. Fun fact, Melanie Amaro went to Plantation High School in Plantation, Florida, and I went to South Plantation High School in the same city!!! Yes, the name of the city is super cringe but Melanie is a Florida hometown girl so I have to support. 

First a rant about Melanie Amaro: The reason that X-Factor did not take hold in the US is because Melanie Amaro did not get famous. Tate's win was a serious blow to the program but it was Melanie's lack of success that truly killed the show and made it irrelevant. The prize is a $5 million record deal. So clearly the show was interested in investing in its winner. And then they didn't even let Melanie release an album. Literally what. I am DYING to know the behind-the-scenes details about that. Melanie's potential was there! Did they waste time trying to court the X-Factor audience for her success?? Because that's the wrong strategy. Those people aren't going to get you where you need to go. You thank them for the win and immediately pivot to the general population and mainstream radio. You want people saying "who is this? Oh, some girl from the X-Factor? I never watched that but now I have a frame of reference for her relevance." You don't release boring inspirational ballad crap songs and sing them on the show where you ALREADY CAME FROM, come on now. You call up Kelis and ask her "wow how tf are you booking these features with DJs like Benny Benassi, Calvin Harris, Basement Jaxx, and David Guetta?" and you take her advice and live in the studio and just sing all day. If you're not offering to sing hooks for 12 different up-and-coming rappers' EPs every month, then you aren't doing it right. If you're not singing 50 demos a week until one of the writers say "actually this track could be good for you, maybe I don't need to sell this song to some other label" then what is your plan here??? 

Anyway, this write-up is supposed to be about the OTHER Floridians, Alex & Sierra. Winners of the third and final season of X-Factor US. Students from the University of Central Florida. That's where my parents went and met each other. That's where my brother went as well. BUT NOT ME MUAHAHAHAHA. So their schtick was "teehee we're so awkward and shy but we like each other and we give googoo eyes during performances and that makes people think we're relatable and endearing" and it was a very successful strategy. But not for me. Their style was to take songs, slow them down, make them ~*quirky*~ and folksy with strange diphthongs and parallel fourths... and it was a very successful approach. But ABSOLUTELY not for me.

I like harmonies and I like duets but I feel like a strictly duet act is very limiting. It always feels like you have to be singing about each other or to each other for songs. I don't know. With trios or bigger groups it feels more natural and easy to have some variety, where different people take the lead and/or backup depending on the song, you give and take focus, whatever. And then when the duet is a COUPLE??? Disaster. Then you REALLY have to be singing about/to each other for every song. You are totally restricted. If I was the producer trying to find the winning act to invest $1 million, I would be like NOT ALEX & SIERRA. THEY ARE JUST GOING TO BREAK UP. And they did, obviously. What's worse, getting the name of your girlfriend tattooed on you or winning a nationally televised contest and $1 million with her? Too much of their brand as musicians was their relationship. Once that was gone, it's game over for everything. UNLESS: you make a huge strategy to market the break-up and exploit it for publicity. You invent fake drama. You still book gigs together. You vague-post on social media. You do a bunch of interviews. You make songs together that seem to be talking about your relationship and problems. Honestly, if they were on the same page about that and had a great PR company, it could have been epic. However, it's also a lot of effing work. But the alternative is obscurity. 

Another fun fact, Sierra is now engaged to some guy from 5 Seconds of Summer apparently

Edited by FrogLenzen

Nyle DiMarco (ANTM)

c86365ab1433e033d2f82e3d460aff11b0badb44

Two reasons for this cut. First, men don't belong on ANTM. See my rant in my Keith Carlos writeup for more information on that. Second, Sandra Diaz-Twine's amazing Pearl Islands win (spoiler alert, should've won this game as she's the best winner ever :kissbye:) has been cut so clearly we're killing off duos. I prefer Nyle on DWTS to ANTM so I'd rather see that one do well. If someone wants to cut Melissa Rycroft on The Bachelorette or Quest Crew in Season 8, or these RPDR & Project Runway double winners before I get to them it would be much appreciated before I bullshit my way through writeups about your faves ^_^.

While Nyle shouldn't have won because he never should've been on the show to begin with because I'm a proud misandrist who believes men don't belong on ANTM, he also shouldn't have won because Mamé and kinda Lacey kicked his ass throughout the competition as Nyle gave the same look in every picture. I mean, it's a very strong look don't get me wrong, but he did not show any sort of versatility. Nyle was cast as the winner from day one. As you can tell from his many successes since the show, he just oozes star power. I suppose by C22, ANTM was openly not looking for a Top Model but for a personality and a brand and Nyle fits that perfectly. He's deaf so he has the backstory going for him, he's absolutely gorgeous I mean my god, and he's extremely likable. All those factors made for a perfect winner for Tyra.

Well these factors unfortunately don't make for a winning reality show character though. Nyle's biggest storyline was definitely his deafness. Unfortunately for him, the C22 house wasn't known for their inclusivity. They were all so wrapped up in their bullshit very few made minimal efforts to make Nyle feel included in the group. So at times, most notably at Devin's birthday when he literally took Nyle's phone that he uses to communicate out of his hand in order to take selfies, Nyle felt very lonely in the house and I felt bad for him. Justin and Lacey seemed to go the extra mile for Nyle so I appreciate that. Along with that, Tyra wanted to show off Nyle's ~resilience~ by ordering him to do shoots no deaf man should have to do, and they were borderline ableist. The music video shoot, the nighttime shoot. I understand not wanting to give Nyle easy treatment, but come on now. This is not equality and Tyra should know that. Considering all the bullshit Nyle had to put up with, I suppose I'm happy he got a win out of it.

But unfortunately for him I'm a heartless bastard and I don't watch the show out of sympathy. I watch it to be entertained. Nyle simply isn't an entertaining reality television show personality and that's okay. I'm sure he's a fun guy and I'd love to hang around him one day. But I don't need him giving speeches not to have meltdowns over your hair because other people have real problems they're dealing with. As true as that is, I specifically watch ANTM to watch people meltdown over their hair. Let's not stop that!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, *Wallace said:

While I'm not mad about it especially considering some recent cuts, I thought baby Taylor Swift Grace VanderWaal would have been one of, if not the last, AGT winners standing. 😮 :haha: I like her but didn't love her as much as the show did.

Not on much because just like you, the shows loved her way too much for my taste.

Regarding Melanie: I thought it was solely Epic not knowing how to handle a singer like her and Simon wanting her to lose weight but I heard in an article posted on the old IDF that she was overly concerned about what she wore and was difficult to work with. Probably some combination of things and we’ll never know the whole story. 

• Like 1

SAM PERRY

ab6761610000e5eb995c30ca05caa91f61576292

Sam Perry is an Australian singer and looping artist best known for winning the seventh series of The Voice Australia in 2018. Sam sang "When Doves Cry" for his Blind Audition which he turned 4 chairs and chose Kelly. For the Knockouts, he sang "Survivor" and he beat Madi Krstevski and Emily Green. Then for the Battles, he sang "Sympathy for the Devil" where he won again and beat AP D'Antonio who was later chosen to be a wildcard and won the wildcard vote. For the Live Shows, Sam sang "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Like a Prayer", "Gangsta's Paradise", "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Praise You/Stronger", "They Don't Care About Us" with Kelly Rowland and "Trust Myself" - his original. I thought Sam was a fine singer and having a looping artist was pretty cool even if there was a lot of controversy surrounding it. But anyway, I was disappointed that he won over the likes of Sheldon Riley, Bella Paige & Aydan Calafiore. Out of all 4 finalists, he was the one I was rooting for the least so of course he won, LOL. But, anyways out the Rankdown he goes now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

James Hill

James Hill wins Celebrity Big Brother 2015 beating Austin Armacost into  second place as the header - Mirror Online

Just happened to see James Hill is still here and so he seemed like the safe next boot. James was the boring, attractive white dude / Apprentice casting on the US invasion season of Celebrity Big Brother UK in 2016. I don't remember a lot about this season other than there was just a lot of messy people. Tila Tequila getting cast and immediately being kicked off because the show 'somehow' seemed to miss her history of... neo-Nazi social media posts?! Farrah Abraham being Farrah Abraham and her sidekick Jenna Jameson. Just a mess of a season all around to be honest and I literally can't even remember who I was rooting for (but I'm pretty sure I was team Natasha). James got into some weird Zankie-style bromance with Austin over the season and the UK public of course went on to eat it up. Austin was more insufferable, James was just kinda there, and he won the season in a forgettable fashion.

I wouldn't consider myself a James fan, but I actually liked him more than I expected. CBB16 is one of my favorite seasons so that certainly helps. The Janice Dickinson & Chloe-Jasmine dynamic duo is what dreams are made of. James was one of the strongest fighters against Farrah and really held his own well against her, which impressed me since Farrah is sooooooo good at breaking people down. While the Austin bromance is obviously awful, I love how mercenary James was cutting him at the last second leading Austin to complete self-destruct and shoot himself in the foot, which I think gave James the leg up over Austin to win (which let's be real, they were the only two possible winner options so while there were housemates I prefer I was more than happy with a James win). And while I'm not a big ~gameplay~ person, especially when it comes to BBUK, I think James is the most impressive player I've seen on the show.

Also hawt.

10 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Alex & Sierra (X-Factor - US Season 3)

I'm pretty sure Wallace and I are the only ones who like Melanie Amaro, so I better take this opportunity to give her the X-Factor US win before she gets cut along with all my other faves in the last couple days. Fun fact, Melanie Amaro went to Plantation High School in Plantation, Florida, and I went to South Plantation High School in the same city!!! Yes, the name of the city is super cringe but Melanie is a Florida hometown girl so I have to support. 

Inglourious Basterds Reaction GIF

Yeah I do prefer Melanie more over Alex & Sierra, even though I didn't have A&S on my radar of cuts right now, but I totally am good with this cut to ensure Melanie as the last standing XFUS winner. ❤️ 

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

Not on much because just like you, the shows loved her way too much for my taste.

Yeahh they really did pimp her a lot on there. :haha: 

Of the latest cuts, a bit sad to see ANTM Nyle and James Hill go, as I did really like them both.

I do think Nyle was one of, if not the strongest male models on ANTM. I get the comments of using the same look a lot. But he was rootable and a solid winner. Although I loved Mame and Lacey and felt both would have been great winners. But I wasn't mad at Nyle winning. I do agree with a lot of Alex's comments on CBBUK16. But also some of Lily's because that cast was quite chaotic and out there, lol. But James was up there as one of the more rootable people. But I'm not sure where I'd rank him amongst the other BBUK winners.

Although they made it to good spots at least.... and there were bigger favorites I lost that I liked more. :haha: So I'm not entirely upset on these cuts.