Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Jordin Sparks

sickle-cell-jordin-sparks.jpg

In the spirit of manifestation for a different rankdown (jk, I have been going back and forth between cutting her for my last 4 cuts or so), we are sacrificing another Idol. Jordin was the winner of S6 for some ungodly reason, when Melinda Doolittle was right there. Was she the worst contestant on that season? No by a large margin, but when you get to a Top 3 with Melinda who can't sing poorly even if you threaten her entire family, and Blake who, while he gets lumped with the WGWG string of winners, gave one of the single most creative performances just a few weeks prior (and that's not even adding her being the clear worst on Bon Jovi night which should have done her in). 

PS: I was in the middle of writing this when she was finally posted, manifestion was successful. So this is what she gets for a write-up ig!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Cyrus Villanueva

R.124f2c7fe5ffbdaad30328b5161be280?rik=e

Cyrus Villanueva is a singer from Wollongong, New South Wales. He won the seventh season of The X Factor Australia in 2015. His self-titled album was released in December 2015 by Sony Music Australia. He plays the guitar and piano and comes from a musical family. He was inspired to sing by his father, who is a retired professional singer. He auditioned with the song "Earned It" by The Weeknd. Cyrus was mentored by Chris Isaak. Chris had his first win with Cyrus. His winner's single was called "Stone". He sang some of my favorites (Rumour Has It, Love Me Like You Do, In the Air Tonight), but he failed to impress me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Kelsey Martinovich Amanda Ware (Australia's Next Top Model - Cycle 6)

Harper's Bazaar to print Kelsey and Amanda covers

Rachel's Biggest Loser finale reveal. Haircut-gate on Top Chef. The Baked Alaska. And Australia's Next Top Model Cycle 6. I'm going to continue my tour of historic reality TV moments with this cut. But first things first, this cycle has arguably the best opening of any cycle of Top Model in the world, you gotta watch it:

Kelsey ate that. And Kelsey ate the whole cycle. Okay, I'll admit that Amanda had a great track record as well. The judges liked Amanda's photos a bit more, but it was always more of a struggle for Amanda to get the good photos. Kelsey was effortless. Kelsey's main flaw was that she was (gasp!) five foot seven instead of five foot nine. At the final photoshoot for Harper's Bazaar (never forget that evil Demelza is the reason why Vogue was not the client anymore) the client for the magazine literally told Amanda to model like Kelsey. Sure, Kelsey was in the bottom 2 a couple times but she deserved to stay each time. At the end of the day I was just a Kelsey stan and I think that Kelsey has a marginally more interesting face. Amanda was a more little generic to me, but she was certainly modelesque and stunning as well. Either way, Australia eats up the conventional symmetrical brunettes every time lol. 

THE POINT IS... This is the year with the infamous finale. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU MAY DIE FROM SECONDHAND EMBARRASSMENT

The host announces the wrong winner. She pulls a Steve Harvey. But actually not really because I think she was just fed the wrong name through the earpiece? It was a live show with live voting and I think they just had the wrong thing in front of them. I don't know. But the host had to stop everything and reveal the mistake before the curtain was pulled back showing a huge blow-up of the winner's magazine cover.

So when I finally got around to watching this cycle, I knew that this was the finale where the mistake happened, but I didn't know the names of the Top 2. So I was praying that Kelsey would win and when the host said her name first I was like... DAMMIT hahahaha. Kelsey took the loss gracefully and they ended up giving her a $25,000 consolation prize and Harper's Bazaar printed half of their magazine covers with Kelsey on it. So alls well that ends well I guess. 

OMGGG NOT THE HOST naming the wrong winner for AuNTM6. :dead: And her doing this before Steve Harvey, omg. :dead: 

Wow I feel sooo bad and awful for the host and Kelsey there. But big props to Kelsey as she handled that mistake like a champ and was so gracious about it. But wow that host, gosh feel bad for her that. That was just insane to watch. 😮 

Robbie Kmetoni

DSC3572.lowres-400x600.jpg

I was at a toss up for my cut tonight but since the last two cuts have been Australian winners, I might as well cut another one with Robbie Kmetoni being my cut here. Robbie Kmetoni is the winner of So You Think You Can Dance Australia Season 3. I have contemplated on cutting Robbie for a few days here and there and always backed out of doing so, until tonight. I did want to cut Robbie sooner than later as he is my least favorite of the 4 Aussie SYTYCD winners, by quite a margin. So this cut ensures that so I'm happy I didn't miss that chance.

At the time of the show, Robbie Kmetoni was an 18-year old Contemporary dancer from Sydney, NSW. I can't exactly remember but I think Robbie was friends with Issi Durant, where they danced a Contemporary on the showcase episode, which was a really nice routine. Robbie did have a rough start on the show. He was partnered with Mikhaela where they were partnered two weeks together, dancing a Rumba and a Boogaloo. I feel like they were mismatched as I think I remember Mikhaela being or seeming taller than Robbie? Well Mikhaela got eliminated and Robbie somehow lucked up being partnered with Queen Goddess Ivy Heeney. Was I jealous of Robbie getting to dance with Ivy every week? Yes. Am I cutting him out of my jealousy? Maybe. LOL I'm teasing, kinda. 

But yeah I loved Ivy and didn't really care for Robbie, so this partnership was going to be a weird one for me. This was also another partnership where Ivy was taller than Robbie. She just seemed like too much woman for this 18-year old boy. I was NOT HAVING IT. :dead: But they strangely worked out well together. They danced a "Bad Romance" Jazz, "Sweet Disposition" Paso Doble, "Little Lion Man" Contemporary and "Bombay" Bollywood. I really liked or loved all of these routines from them. They managed to be safe all 3 weeks of these routines too.

At the Top 10 stage, Robbie got to dance with other people. On Top 10 night, he danced a Hip-Hop and Contemporary with Jessie. Their "Talk Show Host" Hip-Hop actually ended up being their more memorable and iconic routine together. I don't remember their Contemporary so oops. Robbie lucked up again and got to dance with Ivy for two more dances on Top 8 night. They danced a "Mein Herr" Broadway, where I only watched Ivy, tbh. Then the "Memories" Hip-Hop was fun, cute but nothing outstanding. On Top 6 night, Robbie danced with Jess where they danced a Hip-Hop to one of my many jams, "In My Head" and then a Jazz to "Heart's A Mess." I don't really remember these dances but I want to say I liked the Hip-Hop, at least?

On the Top 4 finale night, Robbie danced 4 more dances: a Top 4 Jazz routine to "Steppin to the bad side," a Rumba to "The Prayer" with Ivy, a Hip-Hop to "Take Your Shirt Off" with Phillipe and a Contemporary to "Gathering All the Na'vi Clans for Battle" with Jessie. This Top 4 had literally my Top 3 of Ivy (1st favorite), Jessie (2nd favorite) and Phillipe (3rd favorite), so I was rooting for any of them to win. But none of them wins, and Robbie wins.... and then ensues my disappointment. I did go from disliking him to liking him/not minding him but I didn't want him to win so that was just ugh for me. But yeah I left him alone until the 400s stage so at least I did that.

Now I don't follow Robbie that well, and maybe Derek is the go-to person to give you an update on Robbie. But I know Robbie has done well for himself. I believe he's toured on Burn the Floor, which is one of the most successful ballroom dance tours out there. Robbie was also a professional dancer on the 14th season of Dancing with the Australia, partnered with snowboard Torah Bright, which was yikes.... NOT a good look for him. He seemed very under-qualified and not properly prepared as a pro for that show. One of the judges, Todd, crucified him there for his lack of Foxtrot content in their Foxtrot. Although they had better weeks as the season progressed, where they lasted 6 out of 10 weeks. I'm sure Robbie has done more stuff but that's all I really know. Here is a video of his time as a contestant on SYTYCD.

Miesha Tate

celebrity-big-brother-3-miesha-tate.jpg

Another, erm, interesting BB immunity choice that was made at the beginning of this game. Miesha won the last, and worst, season of Celebrity Big Brother US. The fact that Tamar isn't the last CBB winner standing is criminal. Miesha is easily the worst of the three winners. I guess as far as gameplay goes she's above Marissa but idc. Miesha won because she was in the final two with Todrick Hall, one of the world's worst human being.

Miesha is a UFC Fighter who was locked in a house for a month with washed-up D-list actors and reality stars. To the surprise of no one, she dominated the competitions winning 4 HOH's and 2 POV's. She partnered up with Todrick day two and the two of them ran the house together. Miesha won the competitions while Todrick came up with the strategy. They were a really strong duo. Miesha was a very good liar which could've made for a fun villain. But unfortunately she had about as much personality as piece of furniture in that house. There was nothing fun about Miesha. I don't think a single person would use the word "fun" to describe Miesha. In fact, she was rather unlikable at times. She pretty much hated women and wanted to work with all the guys in the house. She said some rather nasty things, specifically about Shanna Moakler. Luckily for Miesha, she received very minimal backlash in or out of the house because Todrick Hall was there. Todrick was always 100x worse than Miesha. He has a very nasty spirit and it caused all the jurors to come back on finale night to vote for "Not Todrick". I just so happened that that turned out to be Miesha.

• Like 4

Screen-Shot-2018-09-25-at-11.33.08-09669
Sian Gabbidon

Sian Gabbidon is the winner of the fourteenth series of The Apprentice UK. Sian was a decent candidate and had the best track record amongst the others but she was so vanilla. Sian showed very little personality during the series and that made me forget about her most of the time. I still stand by the fact that Lord Sugar didn’t invest in Camilla’s business because her final product was too risqué. Even though I found it absolutely fantastic! 

7385368-0-image-a-33_1544717589126.jpg

Sian started her own brand of swimwear and I found it incredibly boring next to Camilla’s pushing boundaries and creativeness. She was also a fantastic and funny candidate the entire way through. :wub: Camilla went on to launch her product in stores and online anyway so she didn’t lose out completely. Did I make this write up mostly about Camilla? Oops.

24 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Screen-Shot-2018-09-25-at-11.33.08-09669
Sian Gabbidon

Sian Gabbidon is the winner of the fourteenth series of The Apprentice UK. Sian was a decent candidate and had the best track record amongst the others but she was so vanilla. Sian showed very little personality during the series and that made me forget about her most of the time. I still stand by the fact that Lord Sugar didn’t invest in Camilla’s business because her final product was too risqué. Even though I found it absolutely fantastic! 

7385368-0-image-a-33_1544717589126.jpg

Sian started her own brand of swimwear and I found it incredibly boring next to Camilla’s pushing boundaries and creativeness. She was also a fantastic and funny candidate the entire way through. :wub: Camilla went on to launch her product in stores and online anyway so she didn’t lose out completely. Did I make this write up mostly about Camilla? Oops.

Which UK apprentice do i cut next?

Ricky Martin

Meet The Board | Ricky Martin | Lord Sugar | HRS

Yes Ricky martin, but no not the famous latin pop artist.  This Ricky Martin was the winner of the 8th season of The Apprentice UK.  Ricky found himself on team 6 of the 11 episodes, and he won the very last episode befoer the finale.  The weird thing is that every time he was on the losing time, he was always brought into the board room except once.  On Top of the of the 5 times he lost, he was the project manager.  This means his track record as Project Manager was 1-2 (wins to losses).  Thats pretty bad when you think he had 4 boardroom appearances as a whole.  He wound up being out Tom Gearing who has the opposite track record 2-1 in the finals.  I think he still works for Lord Sugar under his apprenticeship as he has a bio on their page.  At least her turned the win into a 6 figure job.

Ben Haenow

Ben_Haenow_-_Ben_Haenow_(Official_Album_

Ben Haenow seemed like a nice enough guy, which I guess was enough to win him the title of X Factor winner in 2014. He was a good singer too but I just don't really remember any of his performances. I was just disappointed he won because he was in the same series as Fleur East who just exuded star quality all season and would have made for a fantastic winner. Instead, Ben entered the run of forgettable winners who quickly faded after their time on the show. Which shouldn't have happened seeing as his first song post-season had a Kelly Clarkson feature! What went wrong! He probably just got failed by the record label as a lot of people from X Factor did. But truthfully I just do not remember any more moments of Ben so he's a safe cut now.

LOL I was SO curious to find out who Ricky Martin was from The Apprentice UK as I was 90% thinking of Latin pop artist, Ricky Martin. But I kinda knew it wouldn't be him. But it would have been insane if it were. :dead: 

Aww I did really like Ben Haenow. I think he was on/off again my 2nd favorite that series after Fleur East, who was my runaway favorite that year. But it did seem like Ben was winning that series all along. But after some cuts last night, I'm totally okay with his cut. :haha: 

26 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LOL I was SO curious to find out who Ricky Martin was from The Apprentice UK as I was 90% thinking of Latin pop artist, Ricky Martin. 

I thought that as well, but I was curious and looked him up. 😆

Edited by taylorkat
  • Haha 1

Susie Evans
images.jpg

So many bachelor Nation is still left in this game and one that I am left confused on mostly is Susie Evans. She is basically a Hannah Brown/ Kaitlyn Bristowe mix and I am sure if she didn't run back to Clayton the bachelor she would of been who they chose to be their bachelorette but I am not complaining because I much preferred Gabby (not right now sticking by her racist fiance isn't a good look sis) and Rachel (you deserved better) so I was sort of glad Susie was final one. I don't like how she justified how shitty her man is and she's boring. So I am not sure why she's still here. They try too hard on social media too. Yuck all around.

Edited by *Diana

JOHN LOUGHTON

NINTCHDBPICT000457217303-e1545211828736.

John Loughton is a high-profile and experienced social entrepreneur, youth leader, leadership trainer, campaigner and public affairs professional with over a decade of grassroots experience. He has worked in over 40 countries, five continents and engaged with numerous governments, businesses and NGOs. He is the winner of the only season of Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack, which featured housemates between the ages of 18 to 21 and all having a special talent. This season was replacing Celebrity Big Brother in January 2008 due to the widely publicized racism controversy in Celebrity Big Brother 5. The housemates competed to be the last to leave the house for a £50,000 prize. The series ended on 28 January with John Loughton being voted as the winner. John was never nominated for eviction as Celebrity hijacker Matt Lucas set John a secret mission on Day 1. Wearing a hidden earpiece, John had to do and say everything that Matt instructed him to do without the housemates knowing he was on a secret task. Success meant a guaranteed place in the final, whilst failure meant automatic eviction every single time. John passed the task, guaranteeing himself a place in the final. John won with 53.9% against Emilia Arata when it came down to the final 2. John has had a glow up because look at him now:

kfFua9Lh_400x400.jpg

Simon Ambrose

h6nayyXwQDg8in4ZVHF6pG.jpg

In an effort to help Sola and Zoey clean up the many UK Apprentice winners that are still around, I've decided to cut Simon Ambrose. Simon Ambrose is a British businessman who was the winner of the third series of the British version of The Apprentice UK 2007. The contestants compete for a job working for British TV personality Sir Alan Sugar; interesting I didn't know his first name before. Simon became the first Apprentice winner to also be a TV actor in 2007. After the Apprentince, he became Chairman of the London Contemporary Orchestra. Before the show, he worked for investment bank Credit Suisse in London and ran his own Internet shopping business afterward so he probably was an ideal candidate for the show. He's also a member of Mensa; he received an IQ score of 174 when he was just 13 years old. The success of both his father and grandfather inspired Simon to go into business also.