Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Chris Underwood

S38_Chris_Underwood.jpg

About damn time. Like no hate to the poor guy bc he played with the hand he was dealt, but having someone that was brought back due to a twist after being voted off on Day 8 and then return on Day 35, having spent all that time with the jury, and doing minimal navigation of the actual social and strategy game of Survivor... yeah he's probably one of the most underwhelming wins just from a payoff perspective for me. And he could at least make up for that with having more of a personality or something, but well if you miss so much of the game you are bound to be underedited, winner or not. So yeah, bye bye.

Ruti Olajugbagbe

_100718655_ruti.jpg

Ruti Olajugbagbe is a singer-songwriter. She won the seventh series of The Voice UK. She auditioned with the song "Budapest" by George Ezra. Sir Tom Jones was her coach. Other songs she performed are "Dog Days Are Over",  "Dreams",  "Waiting For a Star to Fall", "If You're Not the One", and "What a Wonderful World". Ruti's debut EP, Racing Cars, was released in 2019. She performed the lead single, Racing Cars, at the eighth series finale of The Voice UK. After the release of her EP, she was dropped from Polydor. Ruti said that she signed a deal with Sony Music Publishing. Two months later in November 2021, Ruti announced that she signed with PMR Records. The only releases I see in 2021 are non-album singles. Those are "My Sunrise", a solo single, and "Lovely Day", a single that she is featured on. Both of those failed to chart.

Sam Evans

Sam%20Evans%20PA.jpg?width=968&auto=webp&quality=50&crop=968:645,smart

Sam is mostly deaf. Sam is allegedly hot to the voting public. Sam has a thick Welsh accent. Congratulations, you now know everything you need to know about Sam without having to watch 69 episodes of Big Brother 14 UK. BBUK has plenty of terrible winners, but your average BBUK winner will be some nice white guy with abs. I guess Sam's whole thing was that he was funny? He was supposed to be the funniest guy in the world, but really he just told jokes you could probably find in a Book of 1001 Jokes for 1.99 in the bargain bin at your local bookstore. Sam was also known for rising above the arguing which, like, it's BBUK. I'm not trying to watch some guy not argue. In his defense, he couldn't really interject because I'd assume it's difficult to argue whilst attempting to read lips. But at the end of the day this is a tv show. This was the second straight season where some boring nice white guy beat his far superior third place WOC friend. I think we'd have world peace right now if Deana Uppal and Gina Rio won two years in a row. I appreciate Sam for having good taste and befriending someone as amazing as Gina, and that got him out of the bottom this rankdown, but now we're nearly in the top 400 and having good friends just isn't enough. You expect me to be excited about a Sam Evans win when Gina Rio was sitting with him in that finale? No way.

• Like 1

Emily Maynard (The Bachelor - Season 15)

Emily Maynard Cries Over 'Bachelor' Brad Womack: 'We're Not Engaged Anymore'

Emily Maynard is known for being the "winner" of Season 15 of the Bachelor AKA Brad Womack 2.0 (after Brad failed to choose any of the women his first time around). Emily was incredibly popular. She was a single mom whose fiancé was a racecar driver who died tragically in a plane crash. It was only after his death that Emily learned she was pregnant and she named her daughter in honor of her father. Emily's tragic backstory and general pleasant demeanor made her a fan favorite which lead to her turn as the Season 8 Bachelorette where she infamously did overnights for all three fantasy suites but had a contract saying that it would appear as if she did not to keep her image clean. tbh, a better handling of a single parent than Juan Pablo would do seasons later.

Anyway, Emily ended up with Jef Holm but they didn't last. Because he sucks. Her season gave way to TWO different Bachelors (Sean Lowe and Arie Luyendyk) and (somehow) Bachelor Nation mainstay Chris Bukowski.

Now Emily is married to a man she met off the show, had four more kids, and UNSURPRISINGLY is practically Qanon adjacent. Things you wouldn't see just scrolling through her carefully curated IG page but she only follows ~1300 people and it's not hard to find follows like PragerU as well as other far right and Fox News mainstays like Matt Walsh, a Trump or two, The Babylon Bee, Joe Rogan, Meghan McCain... but also the Huffington Post so maybe we can give her the benefit of the doubt and just assume she follows ALL the right wing accounts to get both sides of the story (lol). She also follows Jessie James Decker so I guess we can see where her DWTS alliances this season will lie.

I liked Sam Evans, but yeah Alex's write-up described him perfectly well. He's a nice and likable guy. Not really anyone outstanding but yeah your typical BBUK winner. But ahh I forgot he was in the same series as Gina Rio. Gina definitely would have been a far better winner that series, for sure. But at the same time, I'm happy she made it that far since more often than not the WOC tend to struggle to make the finals. :( 

And Emily Maynard was someone who I did love throughout her time in The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise. She had a really compelling story that really makes you want to root for her. But yeah, I don't really pay attention to or follow most Bachelor Nation alums views/posts/followings and all of that, so I learn everything through here. So for that, I get the cut and not complaining. But I still have fond memories of her on the show. :haha: 

Dmitry Sholokhov (All-Stars 4)

dmitry_sholokhov_a_p.jpg

Well I will continue on helping Derek & Chris cut down the winners from Project Runway, as there are still a lot of them, so my next choice will be Dmitry Sholokhov. Dmitry Sholokhov is the winner of Project Runway: All-Stars 4, which is what this write-up will focus on. Dmitry is one of the few double Project Runway winners, alongside Dominique "Dom" Streater, Dominique "Dom" Streater and Seth Aaron Henderson. So with Dmitry having two entries well into the Top 450, I think it's fine he lose one of his entries. Plus Derek gave me the okay to cut him awhile ago so hopefully others are fine with that.

So yeah Dmitry Sholokhov won Project Runway: All-Stars Season 4. His track record looked rather impressive. He had one crucial loss on Episode 11 but I will take that as his fluke week. As he earned 5 high rankings on Episodes 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10. He also won the challenges on Episodes 9 and 12. And then he went onto win the finale. Based on his track record, he looks like he was a very solid winner  but then you could make a case for his fellow Season 10 competitor, Sonja Williams, who also had a very strong track record with 4 high rankings and 3 challenge wins - so wow, it was neck and neck between them. But Dmitry won it out to clinch his second Project Runway winners. I'll close this out with a video of his best/funniest moments of this season. He seems to have a dry sense of humor, which was fun to watch here. :haha: 

• Like 1

Even when they didn't give him the win, the All Stars judges were absolutely gagging and fangirling over Dmitry at every opportunity. Fabio's elimination was BS and the fact that Michelle didn't get any wins was BS.

Special thanks to Helen's quote from that season of "Why would I DO that??" which Mrs. Lenzen and I still say to each other from time to time when the mood strikes

• Like 1

Dani & Jack 

NINTCHDBPICT000418366229-e1549448280800.

You would think if I liked Bachelor or Bachelorette than I would see every episode of Love Island but that just is not the case. I have left it alone till now but looking at what's left this couple seemed the least likeable during my admittedly brief search to decide which could I should cut this afternoon. 

The winners of season four of Love Island were Jack and Dani and they had a show after 

that's nice but Jack tells his fans, "sometimes things aren't meant to be." During this break up post well their journey on this rankdown wasn't meant to be either and we must say goodbye to them now. 

Tom Pellereau

Apprentice winner Tom Pellereau proudly unveils his new curved 'S' shape  nail file | Daily Mail Online

Tom Pellerau was the winner of the seventh season of The Apprentice UK. Tom was is the only winner besides recently eliminated Mark Wright to never win as a Project Manager in the UK version of the Apprentice. He beat out Runner-up Hellen Milligan, who on paper had an amazing track record of 3 wins and - losses as project manager, with only one Board room appearance.  Tom on the other hand went 0-1 and had a couple of board room appearances.  He must have decidedly won the final task to get hired over someone who had such a strong track record. It looks like Tom has stilled retained his job with Lord Sugar, running one of their companies AVENTom, which is a beauty accessory line. I am cutting him for his bad track record.

And yes that photo is how he spent his $250,000 pounds.  He invented a S-shaped nail file.

BLESSING CHITAPA

53VWG2KTBBHBBD2DLTSTOLSCOA.jpg

Blessing Annatoria Chitapa is a Zimbabwe-born singer from Russells Hall, Dudley. She won the ninth series of The Voice UK; her winner's single, a cover version of Robbie Williams' "Angels", charted at number 50 on the UK Singles Download Chart. She attended The Kingswinford School and Dudley College. For her Blind Audition, she sang "I'd Rather Go Blind" and was only able to turn one chair and that was Olly's. For the battles, she sang "Flying Without Wings" where she defated Beryl McCormack, who was a 4 chair turn. However, Beryl was stolen by Meghan Trainor. For the Knockout round she sang "We Won't Move" and advanced to the Semi-Final. She then sang "Without You" for the Semi-Final which advanced her to the Finale where she sang "Before I Go", "Hold Back the River" with Olly Murs and "Angels". She was a nice singer with a solid voice but I was never blown away. I feel like The Voice UK lately have been very disappointing with the vocalists, like out of all the versions of The Voice, the UK version has to be the weakest. 

18 hours ago, NGM said:

Chris Underwood

S38_Chris_Underwood.jpg

About damn time. Like no hate to the poor guy bc he played with the hand he was dealt, but having someone that was brought back due to a twist after being voted off on Day 8 and then return on Day 35, having spent all that time with the jury, and doing minimal navigation of the actual social and strategy game of Survivor... yeah he's probably one of the most underwhelming wins just from a payoff perspective for me. And he could at least make up for that with having more of a personality or something, but well if you miss so much of the game you are bound to be underedited, winner or not. So yeah, bye bye.

All I gotta say is,

images_blog_posts_Mickey-Keating_2019_03

:giggle:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NGM said:

Chris Underwood

17 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Lmao I was about to say Chris Underwood should have been cut a long time ago before some other Survivors.... but then I realized, he was immune, wasn't he? 👽

@Qorey .... Was this your doing?

I admit, I did give immunity to Chris Underwood. There are so many worse winners on this list, and I figured he would be be targeted earlier than he deserved, because of him coming back in. The way I look at it, he didn't deserve to be voted out as early as he was, so what does it matter that he got the win by returning from the outside?

4 minutes ago, Qorey said:

I admit, I did give immunity to Chris Underwood. There are so many worse winners on this list, and I figured he would be be targeted earlier than he deserved, because of him coming back in. The way I look at it, he didn't deserve to be voted out as early as he was, so what does it matter that he got the win by returning from the outside?

Yeah you thinking all of this, I respect and think is fine. :yes: I do like Chris more than a number of Survivor winners as well, but for him to spend....like 70% of his time in the jury part/on some other island not a part of the official game and then him winning? It all just felt wrong and unfair to me. So his win left a bad taste for me.

But then I'm a big hypocrite here because Natalie Anderson was a first boot on All-Stars, came back into the game on the finale, I was stanning hard for her that finale and was wanting her to win over Tony. 👽 Although deep down I didn't think that was really fair either. :haha: 

16 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Yeah you thinking all of this, I respect and think is fine. :yes: I do like Chris more than a number of Survivor winners as well, but for him to spend....like 70% of his time in the jury part/on some other island not a part of the official game and then him winning? It all just felt wrong and unfair to me. So his win left a bad taste for me.

But then I'm a big hypocrite here because Natalie Anderson was a first boot on All-Stars, came back into the game on the finale, I was stanning hard for her that finale and was wanting her to win over Tony. 👽 Although deep down I didn't think that was really fair either. :haha: 

I think Chris's win actually corrected the injustice, in the sense that it negated the unfair aspects of the game where people can be sneaky and team up against tribemates they are scared will beat them. After getting to know him, the majority agreed that Chris should win, despite all the arguments against it.

I don't believe a player's value is necessarily determined by how far they made it in the game, but more how far they should have made it. The other castaways are responsible for making decisions, and very often they make the wrong ones.

I won't say how I feel about Natalie Anderson or any other Survivor winner left, because Alex is lurking somewhere with an itchy trigger finger, waiting to eliminate all my favorites.

Jules O'Dwyer & Matisse

Main-Matisse.jpg

Today my choice of cut is Jules O'Dwyer & Matisse because there are two dog act winners in Britain's Got Talent; it's time to get rid of one. Jules O'Dwyer & Matisse are a British dog dancing act who consist of trainer Jules O'Dwyer, a 52-year-old woman, and her dog Matisse (a male Border Collie). The two of them won the ninth series of Britain's Got Talent in 2015. Jules played the part of dog catcher and Matisse a stray dog in their audition, with Matisse also performing tricks. They quickly won over the judges but I was rooting for other acts and I don't like dog acts in general so goodbye from this rankdown. 

hqdefault.jpg

Unfortunately for Ashleigh & Pudsey, Tom just reminded me about the dog acts that won Britain's Got Talent and this includes Ashleigh & Pudsey whom I do not care for as I never really got the love and enthusiasm for dog acts. I believe that once you've seen it, you've seen it all - I do love dogs and dog acts are fun but I just don't think they are winner worthy.  So onto Ashleigh & Pudsey, they first came onto prominence during the 6th series of Britain's Got Talent where the public fell in love with this cute Border Collie, Bichon Frise, and Chinese Crested powderpuff cross.  They obviously won the series although I preferred some other acts, and they found some level of success including performing at the Royal Variety Show, featured in his own movie, and in various theatre show. Unfortunately, Pudsey passed away in 2017 & Ashleight stated that Pudsey could never be replaced.