Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

21 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

i'm not even on the bachelor subreddit anymore but thanks to my phone ALWAYS LISTENING the reddit algorithm still shows me so many posts!!!!!!

OMGG that's insane, lmao. :dead: 

10 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Yeah, it’s never a quiet day in Bachelor Nation. :dead: 

It sure isn't. :dead: 

Mike Holloway

tumblr_np7eg3qNFA1sqbiv1o1_540.gifv

While he's not my first choice to cut from the remaining Survivor winners, he's pretty high on that list plus he's the one I can actually cut since the other has immunity. Mike is the winner of the really awful season known as Worlds Apart. How did he get the win? Well he won immunities. A lot of them. Also throw in an immunity idol just to add to it. He was immune since F9 till the end. He also had decent social game which is what helped get him the win, but I would still have preferred Carolyn as a winner. Anyway, his season sucks, he's passable given what the season offered, but hardly a loss imo.

Mike Holloway was really good/rootable in the context of his season. He was in a bad cast where most of the rootable players went out early/midway through the season. I think around Top 8 or so, I was rooting for him. 

But I think if he was in almost any other season, I wouldn't have cared for him as much. :haha: I did like him but fine with this cut.

The Vivienne

0_PROD-RuPauls-DragCon-UK-2020.jpg

Ah, the Vivienne. One of the most overrated winners, if not the most overrated one across all the seasons. I figured she would be a frontrunner when she first entered the workroom, with a look that I really liked/stood out. But I soon questioned the judges' love for her when she won the Queen Elizabeth realness look. While the other queens all made an attempt to look like the Queen on the throne, she looked like Little Red Riding Hood's grandmother. :wacko: I think she was trying to imitate what she'd look like when she wasn't doing royal duties, but it wasn't worthy of a win in my opinion. I liked her subsequent two looks, and then the single most overrated Snatch Game routine in Drag Race herstory happened. The Vivienne chose to imitate Donald Trump, and while I'm not entirely opposed to impersonating men in Snatch Game, I'm not sure this is what Drag Race was supposed to be about and it felt like a cop-out to me. What is more, Trump feels like he'd be the easiest person in the world to imitate since there are plenty of examples of it on SNL, etc. Maybe I would've liked it more if she'd done more shade like Twitter!Trump but the whole thing just felt ok to me and not worthy of the praise heaped on her by the judges as well as online. Thankfully Queen Baga Chipz got a co-win as Margaret Thatcher. I really loved her Rainy Day Eleganza look, but there were other queens I was rooting for so I was disappointed when she ended up winning. #DivinadeCampoWasRobbed

Apparently she is better in All-Stars and I might root for her there when I get around to watching the season, but I am basing this write up on her original season, and if Lawrence Chaney can't be here anymore, neither should she. 

• Sad 2

Tyson Apostol

Tyson Apostol

When Rob Mariano was granted his "Make A Wish Foundation" wish, and won a game of Survivor, against all odds, sanity, and moral principles, Tyson wanted one too, and so we were forced to endure yet another "produced" season of Survivor. Every contestant on Tyson's season was either a returning player or their loved one, and you can be sure they were already on board to allow a win for Tyson. During his first two seasons, Tyson was a loyal follower of Coach, if you can even imagine someone so low on the totem pole as to look up to Coach. In his second game, he was attempting to "step out from the shadow" of his much admired benefactor, and make a name for himself. This, of course, paved the way for a classic underdog story, and that's what was shoved down our throats in Blood vs. Water. Tyson showed us how much he had grown since the last time he was on the show, and put together an ingeniously arranged final seven performance to win over grumpy Monica and invisible Gervase. He even had a couple of whiners (Hayden and Ciera) deliberately placed in the final six to diminish the visibility of his own irritating persona. Congratulations Tyson!

Harrison Craig

R.2a7a63224f4bdd692f758d5e5bfe563e?rik=B

Harrison Craig is a pop and adult contemporary singer from Melbourne, Australia. He won the second series of The Voice Australia. He auditioned for the show with the song "Broken Vow" by Lara Fabian. He received chair turns from all of the coaches. Harrison was coached by the singer Seal. He has had three songs on the ARIA Singles Chart. His cover of "Unchained Melody" reached #2 and his original song, "More Than a Dream", reached #3. His debut album, More Than a Dream, was released in June 2013. His second album, L.O.V.E., was released in April 2014, and his third, Kings of Vegas, in November 2016.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wes Bergmann (All-Stars 3)

292692220_1133096243942623_2434749348811003220_n.jpg

The main reason for this cut is that Wes already has an individual win in this game for The Duel and that is a million times superior to All-Stars 3 Wes. It's still kinda wild it took Wes this long to get third win considering what a legend he is (and this was a spinoff season, albeit he was up against a really strong male cast). Wes is one of those names you think of when you think of The Challenge. Bananas & CT are probably the biggest "legends" from the show (not counting actual famous people like The Miz or Jamie Chung). And after them comes Wes. He has been on a million seasons and became a fan favorite for not being afraid to call out the assh*les in power. Y'know except when he is with the assh*les in power. Wes is one of those contestants that is amazing as an underdog and pretty awful when he's in power. Lucky for the audience, he's an underdog more often that not. Fresh Meat 2 is probably the only time I enjoyed him as a power player, but he was also kind of treated as a joke that season and his downfall was so obviously imminent that it was fun to watch.

Anyways after a few seasons off, Wes came onto All-Stars 3 with a big target on his back. However, he was able to navigate well because he had Jordan in front of him as a shield and tight real life friendships with Brad & Nehemiah, friendships they decided to place over the game. Wes' main adversary was Yes, the winner of All-Stars 1. In this rivalry I was very much #TeamYes. I feel like Wes was being unnecessarily petty with Yes. Allegedly Yes reached out to Wes before the season about working with him and kinda ghosted him in the house and acted like he was above the politicking. I could understand why that bothered Wes, but was insane about it. He was shaking, vomiting, crying on social media about how Yes is the most evil human being in Challenge history. Meanwhile Yes was ignoring him and tweeting about women's rights being taken away or trans people being under attack. Y'know, using his platform for good like the angel that he is :wub: :wub:. The showdown was inevitable and lead to a Wes vs. Yes elimination and unfortunately Wes came out the other side victorious.

Wes and his alliance pretty much ran the entire second half of the game. It was pretty frustrating watching everyone let Wes stroll to the end, but I also understand the male cast was insanely strong and everyone was a threat. But still, I feel like Wes was higher on that list of threats than like Derrick or something. In the end, Wes won and I wasn't too mad about it. Nehemiah and Brad were annoying me a lot more than Wes so I was content watching them lose. Wes has had far worse seasons (Rivals, Total Madness, second half of War of the Worlds) but he's also had a lot of much better seasons. I'm pretty neutral on him as the winner here and there's some winners in this game I like less than him, but All-Stars 3 just aired a few months ago so I figured this was an easy cut lol.

Kelsey Murphy (MasterChef - Season 11)

MasterChef: Legends' judges pick Kelsey as winner, fans say Autumn was  'robbed' | MEAWW

I'm not feeling super passionate tonight so I'll go with a generic MasterChef winner and hope that it doesn't make anyone too upset. Kelsey was designed in a lab by scientists to be a typical MasterChef contestant. A conventionally pretty white girl who speaks well, has a pleasant personality, cooks traditional euro/french cuisine, is favored by the [male] judges, etc. Her winner edit was pretty clear from day 1 in my opinion. She rarely put a foot wrong in the competition. She only ever placed "low" in the second half of episode 14, and by then there was no reason to get rid of her. She wasn't a terrible person or anything but I never felt invested in her run. She didn't make things that got me interested and her personality didn't really stand out either. I guess I was rooting for Autumn? In general tho I feel MasterChef is vastly inferior to Top Chef so it's rare that I'm feeling strong about any of these winners tbh. But at least she beat Suu in the finale... even if it was with the most boring finale menu in the history of the world lol. She was like... let me run computer algorithms to find the dullest generic menu that the judges would still like. "Modern fine dining" with focus on "technique".... beef tartare, lobster ravioli, duck breast, and panna cotta. Zzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

Ah I usually and for the most part do enjoy Wes. I do get and agree with a lot of Alex's write-up there. Wes did have some frustrating and annoying moments that season. And I too was #TeamYes in that rivalry. But then I found myself rooting for him in the final and was pretty content with him winning. :haha: But of the The Challenge: All Stars winners, I'm glad he's the first to go as I was least invested in his run.

Kelly Monaco

634.11dwts.ls.31913.jpg?fit=around%7C776

Yesterday I was debating cutting a winner from a show I love but went with a winner from a show I didn't watch. So today I'll change that and will make my first DWTS cut. I figured since Diana cut a lot of winners she finds overrated and don't care for that I might as well do the same at some point too. :dead: 

Kelly Monaco is an actress, who competed on and won the very first season of Dancing with the Stars where she was partnered with Alec Mazo. Kelly was a really fun, likable underdog type. She did start off kind of a mess as her Waltz, Rumba and Jive were all quite messy and all over the place technically. I mean, at least she had a fun personality because those dances were all quite yikes to me, lol. Kelly did have her breakthrough moment with her Samba to "Bailamos," which was a really good dance from her. Even with a wardrobe malfunction, she handled that dance really well. Her Freestyle to "Let's Get Loud" was another highlight. Kelly did pull off quite the shocker of winning the season, which was definitely a surprise. I mean yeah John O'Hurley was the better dancer overall but eh, the better dancer doesn't always win. John O'Hurley wasn't too pleased with losing so he wanted a rematch, which he won. I don't dislike him as much as most of the forum but I still thought that was so unnecessary from him. Kelly was like "lol whatever" and was just there to have fun. I'll give Kelly this that she did have likability and rootability to her side, even if her technique and dancing wasn't the best. I was fine with her winning this season as I didn't watch it live therefore I wasn't really invested in anyone here (although Rachel Hunter was robbed!). I can totally get how others loved or rooted for Kelly for sure. But Kelly is one of my lesser favorite winners of the American version of the show.

Kelly did compete on the All-Stars season, which was Season 15, where she came in 3rd behind Melissa Rycroft and Shawn Johnson. Here is a video of her time on Season 1.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Kelly Monaco

634.11dwts.ls.31913.jpg?fit=around%7C776

Yesterday I was debating cutting a winner from a show I love but went with a winner from a show I didn't watch. So today I'll change that and will make my first DWTS cut. I figured since Diana cut a lot of winners she finds overrated and don't care for that I might as well do the same at some point too. :dead: 

Kelly Monaco is an actress, who competed on and won the very first season of Dancing with the Stars where she was partnered with Alec Mazo. Kelly was a really fun, likable underdog type. She did start off kind of a mess as her Waltz, Rumba and Jive were all quite messy and all over the place technically. I mean, at least she had a fun personality because those dances were all quite yikes to me, lol. Kelly did have her breakthrough moment with her Samba to "Bailamos," which was a really good dance from her. Even with a wardrobe malfunction, she handled that dance really well. Her Freestyle to "Let's Get Loud" was another highlight. Kelly did pull off quite the shocker of winning the season, which was definitely a surprise. I mean yeah John O'Hurley was the better dancer overall but eh, the better dancer doesn't always win. John O'Hurley wasn't too pleased with losing so he wanted a rematch, which he won. I don't dislike him as much as most of the forum but I still thought that was so unnecessary from him. Kelly was like "lol whatever" and was just there to have fun. I'll give Kelly this that she did have likability and rootability to her side, even if her technique and dancing wasn't the best. I was fine with her winning this season as I didn't watch it live therefore I wasn't really invested in anyone here (although Rachel Hunter was robbed!). I can totally get how others loved or rooted for Kelly for sure. But Kelly is one of my lesser favorite winners of the American version of the show.

Kelly did compete on the All-Stars season, which was Season 15, where she came in 3rd behind Melissa Rycroft and Shawn Johnson. Here is a video of her time on Season 1.

melt-down-mad.gif

Denys Drozdyuk

AT12443.jpg

Unfortunately for Denys Drozdyuk I am annoyed Tara Jean is out ALREADY and have decided no one from So You Think You Can Dance Canada should be here any longer so for today's cut I will cut Denys because of the 3 winners left from that franchise I remembered him least and enjoyed the least amount of his routines so for that reason I'll cut him tonight. Like I said nothing personal but Tara Jean was robbed so no one from her country should still be here in my own petty opinion. He is a good dancer but not someone that appeals to me. Goodbye now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Sasha Velour

Rpdr So Emotional GIF - RPDR So Emotional Sasha Velour - Discover & Share  GIFs

I want to cut a Drag Queen winner before there are only good ones left.  I have been pretty open in the past that Sasha Velour might be my least favorite winner from the Franchise.  She won the 9th season, which is one of my favorite seasons of the show. Sasha was pretty unmemorable throughout most of the season, despite earning two joint wins with Shea Coulee.  I guess I just didn't "get" her artsy drag.  She liked to be more conceptual.  Some of her stands that I had for her in the season were her Lady Gaga runway and her So Emotional finale lip sync.  Truly an iconic moment, and is completely the reason she won in the finale.  I went into the finale thinking I wanted Shea or Trinity to win, and I would have been fine with Peppermint being the winner.  Unfortunate neither of my girls took it, but thankfully both have crowns of their own from all-stars.  Elliott and Andrew aren't playing this rankdown so I am hoping this cut impacts people minimally.

• Sad 1

ELLIE DRENNAN

ellie-drennan-4f21d766-6767-498f-bb20-70

Eloise Suzanne Drennan is an Australian pop singer-songwriter. She is the youngest winner of The Voice Australia, competing as a member of Team Jessie at the age of 16, in July–August 2015. She gained a large following from her YouTube covers. Ellie sang "Take It All" by Adele for her Blind Audition where she turned Jessie J and Joel & Benji. She ultimately picked Jessie J. For the Battle round, she was paired against Shyjana Terzioska and they sang "Elastic Heart" by Sia, Ellie won and Shyjana eliminated. Ellie was then given a "Fast Pass" by Jessie J to skip the Super Battle round which is basically a 3-way knockout. For the Live Shows she sang: "Team", "Lean On", "California Dreamin'", "I Kissed a Girl", "Nothing Compares 2 U", "Halo" with Jessie J and an original, "Ghost". I thought she was a great singer but nothing really special per se. Just a good pop singer that I did enjoy though. But, her time in the Rankdown has come to an end.