Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

619c0f71d2fd620018208d5d?width=700

As it seems that only Derek & I, out of the participating rankers, that have watched Project Runway so I shall cut another winner of the franchise - one that's actually hard to do as I really like her and her final runway was *chef's kiss*.  But unfortunately her track record is one of the weakest of the winners' remaining in the rankdown so therefore I am comfortable with her leaving at this point...

At this point, you are probably asking who I am cutting as I didn't mention any name and just rambled on ; I am cutting Erin Robertson, winner of the 15th season of Project Runway. On said season, Erin definitely had one of the coolest vibe and style as an individual - I just loved her personality and she really knew who she was as a designer ; She consider herself a fashion scientist that combines art in her design which is what she did throughout the season.  She started off super strong with a win on the first week - her yellow unconventional dress was easily the best of that week, and she followed the win with a high placement for her JustFab design - it was one of the few colorful and it helped that it was a challenge made for her which is exactly when she shined. She was able to score another win during the 3rd week with made the designer design a look that can be shown under black light - knowing that she consider herself a fashion scientist, one would think that this challenge & season, thus far, was made for Erin ; She easily had the best transition from the original design to the blacklight because some of the other designs were a CHOICE.  Her second win was followed by an IN placement - her only of the season, and a HIGH placement for the group design.

Now, you are probably like - WOW, her trajectory is flawless? But remember how I said, earlier in my write-up, that when the challenges were made for her, she shined ? Well, when the theme weren't made for her, she struggled with making a cocktail dress inspired by the venue of the event - the color, the concept, the execution, the feathers, the cheap look.. All of it were so bad, and she's so lucky that she had her track record to rely on especially considering how the judges were surprised that it came from her . The worst part of that week is how she was like "I'm so confident" and "I'll be in the Top 3" - girl, you were too confident and you gave us an ugly dress - also, it always makes me LOL when they clearly have the worst look and they're acting like they are IN LOVE with it. 

Now you are like "Oh, she only had one bad week" but I am here to tell you that she was in the bottom for 3 consecutive weeks.  One of them was for the Universal Studio challenge - she was so confident that she would be to get back on top by going to what she knows. Unfortunately, the look was just terrible and the placement of her embroidery was a choice that almost cost her to go home - in all honesty, her look was too simple for what she's able to do.  Once again, she was lucky that there was some design that were worst than hers.  But it gets worst for Erin who is stuck in a challenge where she had to design a red collection with two more designers - the styling of the look were not it, and they came across as too simple compare to the two other groups.  After a tense deliberation, and throwing a teammate under the bus, she survives another to find herself in the bottom, for the 4th week in a row ; She had to design a dress for her and was inspired by a cocoon - Jasmine Masters says hello! But lord, that dress was just terrible - the way she let her mom walk out in it, the embroidery placement didn't do it for me...  If Jenni didn't have that bad of a look, she would have been eliminated here and there.

So after 4 weeks in the bottom and surviving - this is surprising because designers tend to go home after 2 placement in the bottom. But luckily for her, the judges loved her and she was able to have a comeback where the judges loved her look - surprisingly it, I didn't love it and thought it would have warranted another placement in the Bottom :ph34rwave:.  But the following week, I absolutely lived for Erin's look - it was the Erin that we all fell in love, in part due to the another unconventional challenge ; It was high-fashion, it was well constructed, and another look in yellow!  She ended her regular journey with 2 looks that put her in a HIGH placement - the judges loved it but I, like Nina, wanted way more from her.

With an inconsistent journey, I was unsure what to expect from Erin in the final runway. But she was able to delivered one of the most memorable collection in the history of the series - the unique colour palette, unique textile, and it just screamed Erin; That banana look though ? ICONIC. Anyway, her track record didn't matter at the end as her final collection demolished her fellow competitors although all three delivered decent / strong look.  That being said, in this game, trackrecord and relevancy matters hence why Erin must be sacrificed.

Mark Wales

Untitled-design-9-1.jpg

Mark is the most recent winner of Australian Survivor, Blood vs. Water. This is my first Australian Survivor cut, a show I have mixed feelings about it. There's certain aspects about it that are a million times better than US Survivor (the storybuilding, the challenges, the longer episodes, the old final tribal council format). However, there are still many drawbacks that I still struggle to make it through a single season (the editing that makes half the cast invisible, the non elimination episodes, the lack of racial diversity, the absolutely insane season length). After taking a break from the franchise I decided to give the most previous season a go as Queen Sandra Diaz-Twine was making her mark on the Australian Survivor stage. Unfortunately I didn't last very long after her robbery lol.

Mark was originally on Australian Survivor in 2017. There he met Sam Gash and they fell in love. The two were targeted quickly as a power duo and were disposed of right before the first swap. However, their love survived their early boots and they ended up getting married after the show, which earned them a call back for Blood vs. Water. Not a traditional returning player season, just a few random people were brought back. Being in the clear minority against a bunch of newbies I thought all the returning players were screwed, but with Mark's military background he very quickly established himself as the leader and ran the game. Unfortunately the season was rife with misogyny as the guys all came together to dispose of all the women, and frankly many of the women helped pick themselves off.

While I didn't watch every episode, I certainly followed along for most of the season. Mark's relationship with Sam was certainly one of the most shocking parts of the season. While I'm sure they love each other, Mark pretty much expected Sam to fall on her sword for him. Mark decided he was the one that was going to win the game and Sam should jump through hoops to make it happen. He refused to swap onto her tribe when given the chance making her look like a fool, and then when they did come together at the merge he forced Sam to cut all her ties to her allies to be on the bottom of his alliance. Sam attempted to fight him, but she was playing to give the two of them a better life and decided it would be best to go along with him. I suppose it did work out as he won the game, she took the hit for him in the middle of the merge, and he somehow went unchallenged throughout the entire endgame. The way he spoke to her and forced her to play his game gave me the ick though.

Mark was at his most tolerable as an ally to Thee Nina Twine. They were a fun power duo and I expected to like Mark early on. It's unfortunate he very quickly turned me off. Between all his misogyny, I also found him rather boring. He just delivered tons of military analogies that I don't care about and didn't really play a very fun to watch game. He just rode it out with the boys until they began to turn on him and he dragged whichever female stragglers were left to the end and crushed them in a jury vote.

7 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

Day26

R.f72b7695c4aff6d4d7fde187cbdfe5f3?rik=p

Day26 is an R&B group formed in 2007 by Sean "Diddy" Combs in a selection at the end of Making the Band 4. The members are Robert "Magnum" Curry, Brian Angel, Willie Taylor, Qwanell "Que" Mosley, and Michael "Big Mike" McCluney. Their band name is a tribute to the day when they went from unknowns to stars. They released their self-titled album in 2008. The first single, "Got Me Going", was released on the finale of Making the Band 4. The album debuted at #1. Their second album, Forever in a Day, charted at #2. It  was released in 2009 and the lead single was "Imma Put it on Her". 

I really liked Day26. It's a shame they didn't get too much success, but I did really like "Since You've Been Gone" from them.

And I forgot about "Got Me Going" but that was an enjoyable song too so thanks for reminding me of that one, Gigi. :haha: 

:bobo: 

Bailey Munoz (SYTYCD Season 16)

1568858377_1719948800_13_ent.jpg

This is a cut that I probably would've made a while ago if I hadn't been so busy lately, but since I have a moment, let's cut Bailey. Bailey's fine I guess. Certainly one of the better winners that season 16 could've produced, but on the grand scheme of things, I just don't care for him. Season 16 is universally agreed-upon to be the worst non-kids SYTYCD season...which isn't surprising. The oldest cast member was Madison who was 21 at the time of the competition. Everyone else were teenagers. As far as who I was rooting for, Ezra was by far my favorite of the season but he sadly got cut at top 6. Bailey was partnered with Mariah and the judges pushed them as some sort of "power couple". That term is used by the judges far too much. They were not a power couple. LOL. Their best routine together was the "Slide" Contemporary. I liked their "Tempo" Hip-Hop on first watch but it quickly became overrated on IDF. The show also pushed the romance/crush storyline with these two, as they have to each season. Which was just awkward. Bailey's best dances were with all-stars though. His Broadway with Koine and Hip-Hop with Comfort were his standout routines. I was fine with him winning, given who some of the other options in the top 4 were. I just did not enjoy season 16 at all. I'm very glad that the show finally had its 17th season because season 16 would've been such a low note to end the show on. Anyway, given some of the legends and icons we've already lost for no good reason, there's no good reason for Bailey to still be around. Sorry to his fans if he has any, though.

Ahh I wish I hadn't fallen off track with Australian Survivor. 🙈 I think I only watched Seasons 2 and 3. Wish I had watched the others but I have no motivation to try to catch up on the others. :lmao: 

I guess I'm one of the few who enjoyed Bailey. Yeah S16 wasn't a great season but I feel it's not as bad as people say? But I was a fan of Bailey/Mariah and into their run as a partnership so I was pretty much content with that. And I loved "Tempo." 😘 Mariah was my favorite but Bailey was up there.... 2nd or 3rd favorite, so I was fine with him winning. Not mad at the cut as I'm pleased and surprised he got this far.

Joanne Wheatley 

Jo-Wheatley.jpg

I haven't made a cut from The Great British Bake Off and this is a show I have not watched one episode of ever in my life. :haha: SOOO let's see how this write-up goes, huh? :dead: I did exclude people who requested them not to be cut as well as researching a few winner's lists of the show to see who were the ~weaker winners. I came down to two people.... but I have decided to cut Joanne Wheatley.  

Joanne Wheatley, at the time was a 41-year old housewife, is the winner of the 2nd series of The Great British Bake Off. She won the competition in October 2011. Series 2 was the seies that introduced the Star Baker accolade, which I'm assuming was the main challenge the bakers would compete for to either win that episode or immunity or something? Joanne earned only 1 Star Baker accolade, which was on Week 6's Desserts theme, where she impressed the judges with her rum and raisin cheesecake Signature and her Limoncello and white chocolate croquembouche Showstopper. Before that, she landed in the Bottom 3 on Episode 2. She was also one of the judges' favourite bakers on two occasions, Weeks 1 & 7, but did not win star baker title. Joanne did seem to have a decent run and well good enough to win so good on Joanne for that. 

Joanne has continued with her baking career as she wrote two cookbooks, alongside newspaper and magazine columns. She runs a cookery school and has cooked on a number of British television shows, one being The One Show. I don't know much of anything else about Joanne but hopefully this isn't too harsh of a cut from this show. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Joanne Wheatley 

Jo-Wheatley.jpg

I haven't made a cut from The Great British Bake Off and this is a show I have not watched one episode of ever in my life. :haha: SOOO let's see how this write-up goes, huh? :dead: I did exclude people who requested them not to be cut as well as researching a few winner's lists of the show to see who were the ~weaker winners. I came down to two people.... but I have decided to cut Joanne Wheatley.  

Joanne Wheatley, at the time was a 41-year old housewife, is the winner of the 2nd series of The Great British Bake Off. She won the competition in October 2011. Series 2 was the seies that introduced the Star Baker accolade, which I'm assuming was the main challenge the bakers would compete for to either win that episode or immunity or something? Joanne earned only 1 Star Baker accolade, which was on Week 6's Desserts theme, where she impressed the judges with her rum and raisin cheesecake Signature and her Limoncello and white chocolate croquembouche Showstopper. Before that, she landed in the Bottom 3 on Episode 2. She was also one of the judges' favourite bakers on two occasions, Weeks 1 & 7, but did not win star baker title. Joanne did seem to have a decent run and well good enough to win so good on Joanne for that. 

Joanne has continued with her baking career as she wrote two cookbooks, alongside newspaper and magazine columns. She runs a cookery school and has cooked on a number of British television shows, one being The One Show. I don't know much of anything else about Joanne but hopefully this isn't too harsh of a cut from this show. 

Noooooooooooooooo. 😭

Lawrence-Chaney.jpg
Lawrence Chaney

Lawrence Chaney is the winner of the second series of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK season two. Lawrence went in to the competition as a big personality but wasn’t a fashion queen so I was always underwhelmed by their runways. What really turned me off was the way they treat Ellie Diamond after she came up with the running order for the comedy roast. Lawrence just wouldn’t let it go and was mean to her. Lawrence is probably the weakest winner from the UK as there isn’t anything they do that’s amazing. Average runways, average make-up, average lip-sync skills and average comedy. Lawrence hasn’t really gone on to do that much in terms of a life changing career. They’ve written a book and seems to be mostly touring. I’d say the other two winners are superior. And Bimini was robbed!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Zoey said:

Noooooooooooooooo. 😭

Awww nooo, I'm sorry. 😢 You didn't tell me to leave her alone so I thought she was an okay cut. :blushingwave:

Although wow likewise, I was totally thinking of a Lawrence Chaney cut as one of my potential next Drag Race cuts. I agree with a lot of what Zoey said. I liked Lawrence at the start but they really turned me against them with the whole Roast order/Ellie treatment ordeal, especially when they were supposedly best friends in the competition. :wacko: It just went on way too long.

I also legit often forgot Lawrence won that series too. I often think Bimini won it so I get surprised when I realized it was Lawrence instead. :haha: Yeah I just didn't think Lawrence was winning material, so I was disappointed with that win.

Lianna Fowler

Photo of fashion model Lianna Fowler - ID 116497 | Models | The FMD

So besides Mecia, Lianna was the other Britains Next Top Model winner I had a real problem with. She won season 2 beating out amazing runner-up and future Britains Next Top Model Host (and future Strictly Come Dancing Winner) Abbey (Abigail) Clancey.  Abbey was comfortable my  favorite all season long and I thought she was going to take it. Jasmia was probably more of a front runner then either of the other two as she never had the 3 bottom 2's Lianna had or the 2 Abigail had.  Liannas first standout moment was Week 5, when Abigail had her first stumble, and then she faded in the background until the finale night again for me.  So this cut is to rectify that tragic crowning. 

BEZ

2021_bez_dancing_on_ice_itv_2000x1270.jp

Mark Berry, better known as Bez, is an English percussionist, dancer, DJ and media personality. He is best known as a member of the rock bands Happy Mondays and Black Grape. Whilst in the house, he struck up close bonds with Brigitte and Jeremy. Also during the shows run, Bez became restless and claimed he wanted to "jump over the wall". On Day 18, Bez left the house as winner with 54% of the public vote, beating Brigitte and Kenzie. At the time of entering the house, Bez was formally bankrupt at the time under his real name. After winning the £50,000 prize money, he used some of it to improve the engine of his London black cab. The UK edition of car TV show, Pimp My Ride later 'pimped' it out for him which included painting it purple and installing a DVD player. In March 2008, he declared bankruptcy for the second time. His chosen charity was the DEC Tsunami Earthquake Appeal. 

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

when anybody wants a cassie randolph or emily maynard bachelor write-up let me know ❤️

Cassie is on my shortlist so probably whenever my 24 hour comes, I’ll be cutting her if no one take dibs 

3 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Cassie is on my shortlist so probably whenever my 24 hour comes, I’ll be cutting her if no one take dibs 

cassie "i know we already had the mindless double tap excuse but i swear i just mindlessly double tapped on brittany aldean's post and follow her" randolph

Edited by totes4totes
  • Like 1

Just now, totes4totes said:

cassie "i know we already had the mindless double tap excuse but i swear i just mindlessly double tapped on brittany aldean's post and follow her" randolph

That was the reason why she’s been on my shortlist. 

“i was just scrolling and randomly liking posts” :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, *Chris said:

That was the reason why she’s been on my shortlist. 

“i was just scrolling and randomly liking posts” :rolleyes:

bachelor in the times of social media is always "live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

cassie could have never talked again and like been the top bachelor contestant in this rankdown after what she went through!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

I have accidentally liked stuff before but not accidentally followed anyone that just doesn't happen. 

my IG front page is calibrated so that if i am accidentally liking stuff it's cats, weird baking stuff, or lesbians!!!!!!! not even in the vicinity of transphobes like brittany aldean whose views are so vile she got her husband dropped from his PR group

Just now, totes4totes said:

my IG front page is calibrated so that if i am accidentally liking stuff it's cats, weird baking stuff, or lesbians!!!!!!! not even in the vicinity of transphobes like brittany aldean whose views are so vile she got her husband dropped from his PR group

Yeah that is true I'm sure the stuff I accidentally liked was probably a harmless post not any of that. :dead:

32 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lmao Bachelor Nation holds no doubts in finding dirt in all of its contestants. :dead: I feel I'm learning so much stuff regarding people from there everyday. :haha: 

i'm not even on the bachelor subreddit anymore but thanks to my phone ALWAYS LISTENING the reddit algorithm still shows me so many posts!!!!!!

• Haha 1