Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

4 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

"some guy named Chance"

lol Chance and his brother had their own spin-off they were that popular.

3 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Chance actually had ANOTHER dating reality show just last year:

Lol yeah I remember Chance and Real had their spin-off dating series although I didn't really watch their version. :haha:  But oh I did not know Chance had another new dating show recently. :haha: 

Although it's sad talking about Real as he died some years ago. :( :broken: 

Omg for those who don't know the VH1 celebrity dating shows. They all started with VH1s Celebreality Block specifically the Surreal Life where Flavor Flav met and started dating Brigitte Nielsen. After they broke up you then got the many many VH1 dating shows. Here they are roughly in order. I'll get to the BIG controversy last.

• Flavor of Love (2006-2008) - Starring Flavor Flav - lasted three seasons. Tiffany Pollard (AKA New York) was runner-up on Seasons 1 and 2. Big moments include "Pumkin" spitting on New York.
  • Rock of Love (2007-2009) - Starring Brett Michaels - Three seasons his most famous contestant is probably Season 2's Megan Hauserman who went on to do Charm School and get her own show (MORE on that later). There were two spin-offs
    • Daisy of Love - fine
    • Megan Wants a Millionaire - more on that at the end

Then you got the direct Flavor of Love Spin-Off

• I Love New York (2007-2009) - starring Tiffany Pollard which then spun-off
    • Real Chance of Love (2008-2009) - starring Kahmal (Chance, runner-up from I Love New York Season 1) and Ahmad (Real) Givens. Ahmad Givens died recently from colon cancer but Chance has gone on to still star in reality dating shows. Real and Chance would also get a cryptid hunting show in 2010.
    • New York Goes to Hollywood (2008) which was about New York trying to find an acting job in Hollywood. Mostly not memorable except for the BANGER title track "The World Should Revolve Around Me" by Little Jackie.
    • Frank the Entertainer Basement of Love - I did not watch this.

Then there were the outright competition shows:

• Charm School - Three seasons, one with Flavor of Love (hosted by Mo'Nique), one with Rock of Love (hosted by Sharon Osbourne), one with contestants from Rock of Love (BUS SEASON) and Real Chance of Love (hosted by Ricki Lake). FWIW the first one is clearly the best.
  • I Love Money - BY FAR one of the GREATEST spin-offs in reality TV history. It was so good that they commissioned and made Seasons 3 and 4 before Megan Wants a Millionaire would be finished filming. Which was a mistake because well...the story that would end them all.

Megan Wants a Millionaire:

• A spin-off of Rock of Love starring the Rock of Love equivalent of New York
  • Megan was as close to a "fan favorite" as these shows would get and as the show is titled, she was blatantly a gold digger.
  • HOWEVER, the show was cancelled after airing only half the season
  • BECAUSE A CONTESTANT AND RUMORED WINNER would go on to brutally murder his ex-wife and then after being charged with murder would die by suicide himself.

Correctly as a response, VH1 would pretty much end their "...of Love" block. They'd later go on to do a show with Ray J (actually two and a KUWTK-like series with Brandy) and another with Chad Ochocinco and eventually the whole Celebreality block of VH1 would get too dark (Celebrity Rehab was already dark and was I think the last show standing ending in 2012).

On 9/3/2022 at 5:59 PM, taylorkat said:

Nicole Alexander "Hoopz" (FOL Season 1)

Nicole Deannae "Hoopz" Alexander is the first winner of Flavor of Love. Her and Flav mentioned at the reunion that they broke up, so I figured this would be a safe cut. Also, I noticed she is in this rankdown twice. Nicole is from Detroit, Michigan. She earned the nickname "Hoopz" because of her basketball abilities. She was a high school athlete that didn't go on to play professionally. Nicole dated Shaq at one time (is there any commercial or thing that Shaq is not involved with?) She has her own fitness brand and runs her own store, Heaven on Earth. She was in two films. 

wow can't believe Hoopz is already cut. Icon from the VH1 shows. In addition to winning season 1 of FOL she also won season 1 of I Love Money.

• Like 1

Lauren Higgins (The Bachelor - Season 20)

Bachelor' Ben Higgins, Lauren Bushnell announce split with 'with heavy  hearts'

Lauren Bushnell was the "winner" of Ben Higgins's season of the Bachelor. Despite the fact that Ben was like the first Bachelor to say "I love you" to two contestants it was pretty obvious early on that Lauren B was going to win. (And it's too bad that we aren't doing write-ups for Bachelors because Megan tells me there is A LOT to say about Ben Higgins and his poop rag). Anyway. After getting engaged on the show Ben and Lauren started in a FREEFORM spin-off (or was it ABC Family then) called Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After? where Ben and Lauren like semi-planned a wedding (idk Megan did not watch that) (also Ben was going to run to be a Republican Congressman in Colorado but ABC was like "no politics if you want this show" so thankfully we were saved from that). Anyway, shortly after that show Ben and Lauren officially broke up. Lauren Bushnell then went on to marry "country singer" Chris Lane.

Lauren Lane was an attendee of Candace Owens's Gender Reveal hosted by Brittany Aldean. You can fairly be judged by the company you keep, and if that company is Candace Owens and Brittany Aldean, well, then you are garbage. And even moreso if you are just doing this to appease your husband. That means your morals are so flimsy you didn't even have them to begin with.

Oh and Lauren Bushnell Lane also went on a "masks are child abuse" rant. So.

• Like 1

Tamar Braxton

Tamar Braxton 'in Love' with Boyfriend After 3 Months of Dating

Another celebrity edition winner. Like Marissa, Tamar was surrounded by athletic females and unsavory men. Again, the more attractive guys were evicted early enough to be long forgotten by the time the winner the crowned. I chose Tamar for elimination, because she was extremely dippy during her time in the house, and I was annoyed by her overacting, and especially her screaming and carrying on during competitions she couldn't handle. I think we were expected to somehow relate to her, and find her endearing, but that's not how I saw it at all. Tamar is the second in a trilogy of similarly unfortunate winners. The third one, Miesha, has immunity at the moment, but to be fair, she was the more deserving candidate of the three, and someone will likely get to her later.

And also, didn't she bite Beyonce? 🤨

• Confused 6
  • Sad 2

I definitely remember Lauren B on Ben's season. I can't remember my thoughts on her but want to say I liked her? As I did like Ben and thought he was one of the more likable Bachelors of the last 10 or so years. But definitely wasn't aware of her personal stuff/actions/people's she was associated with that's been brought up.

The Tamar Braxton cut definitely hurts a lot. :( :broken: 

Leanne Mitchell

11490218337a1e89624a7dd406e5a5a2_400x400

I left The Voice UK alone since other people were doing the cuts there and I don't feel too strongly about the order they go out it (well, at least till someone randomly cuts the ones I like). But time to cut Leanne since she's a pretty boring winner all things considered (granted, it's not like an Andrea situation where the cast was vastly better and more interesting, but she was so goddamn boring). She auditioned with If I Were A Boy and just kept singing standard, overdone songs for the most part, even reprising her semis performance in the finale (a pet peeve of mine). So whatever, she won, it's not like there were so many better options so who cares. She released an album that did so poorly that her wiki page has the following in the first 4 lines: "Her debut self-titled album was released in May 2013 and was described as a "huge flop", managing to get to only 134 in the album chart. She was dropped from her label in 2014." :dead::dead::dead::dead: So yeah, bye bye

Mo Adeniran

Mo-Adeniran-891527.jpg&ehk=Qkk53wiDTX4lc

Mo Jamil Adeniran is a singer. He won the sixth series of The Voice UK. His prize was a recording contract with Polydor Records. His debut album, Evolve, was released in March 2018. It charted at #36. After this, he was dropped from the label. Mo auditioned for the show with "Iron Sky" by Paolo Nutini and received chair turns from all four judges. He chose Jennifer Hudson to be his mentor. Other songs he performed are "A Change Is Gonna Come", "Freedom", " Knockin' On Heaven's Door", "Human", "Don't You Worry Child", "Beneath Your Beautiful", and "Unsteady". The song "Unsteady" charted at #78 in the UK.

Dan Gheesling

6948f0c89b7ef86b_cbs_bbt_dan.jpg

Dan was absolutely not my planned cut for today at all, or my planned cut until like October maybe, but with Dr. Will and Tamar out it appears we're just going for maximum chaos on the Big Brother US side of things in this game. Dan is the winner of Big Brother 10, a season many would call the best season of all-time. Many would also call Dan the greatest player to ever play the game. I agree with neither of those arguments ^_^. Dr. Will is the best player of all-time and BB3 is the best season of all time. But Dan and BB10 are still very high on my list of greatest players and greatest seasons though! However, as a character? Dan's solidly middle-of-the-road. I was a big fan of him way back in the day, like before BB14, but my love for him has surely faded throughout the years.

I think it's hard for me to stan Dan when I just look at the cast of BB10. I mean Keesha, Libra, and Renny were all just built in a factory to be stanned by me. Michelle, April, Jessie, and Jerry are also really great villains who added so much to the show. And Brian, Steven, and Angie are relatively interesting first boots. Dan is the Catholic School Teacher who smartly avoided drama and made his moves at the exact right moments in order to secure the game. Obviously my interests were elsewhere on the show. I'm not gonna convince you Dan isn't an amazing player because that would be a lie. Dan quickly jumped aboard the sinking ship that was Brian Hart. When the girls sniffed Brian out and disposed of him immediately, Dan did a good job at playing dead and garnering sympathy. Soon enough, everyone forgot he was in the house. That was until the house infamously blew up on Keesha's Birthday and Dan found himself in the swing vote position. Due to the week-long America's Player twist, Dan had no control over his vote and was forced to promise both sides his vote. However, he actively campaigned for America to honor his wishes of sending Jesse home, and that's exactly what they did. Unlike Eric Stein, America wasn't intent on screwing Dan over :haha:. Despite making many enemies with this move, Dan was still able to hide behind far more active players on his side like Keesha & Libra. And then once Dan's side took control of the game winning HOH after HOH, there was no stopping him. Dan is a force to be reckoned with in the power position. He is able to manipulate the boot order exactly to his interests and pit people against each other to avoid receiving the backlash. Dan dominated the jury portion of the game and was able to drag Memphis, who has a wet blanket for a personality, to the end to secure a unanimous victory.

Now I do have some issues with Dan's game. Despite what the unanimous win may suggest, I do think Dan's jury management skills are very poor, further proven in BB14. Dan is very lucky he won that hang out with a juror advantage. In an advantage that had never been seen in the game, and hasn't been seen since, Dan got to spend the day out of the house and take a trip with a juror. He chose Michelle, someone he royally f*cked over and pretty much embarrassed on her way out with replacement nominee roulette. Thanks to this twist, Dan was able to actually clean up his mess and secure votes from her and her allies in jury. Would Michelle have voted for Dan anyway? We can never know for sure. I honestly believe Michelle & Ollie vote for Memphis without Michelle getting wooed by Dan. But we'll never know. And it's very suss that this overpowered twist is only seen to help the fan favorite and has never been seen again. And also speaking of replacement nominee roulette...pointless and cringe. It's just creating a tv moment for the sake of having a tv moment and I don't like that. I'm all about the natural tv drama.

Unfortunately natural tv drama is not something Dan does. If Dan's gonna cause drama, it's gonna be overly-produced and planned. Where was Dan for Keesha's birthday? Sitting on the couch reading the Bible. Where was Dan during the big blowup after Jessie's blindside and Michelle's HOH win? Lying in bed alone to garner sympathy. Sure this is all good strategy, but not what I look for in a Big Brother houseguest. This writeup may seem overly critical of Dan, but I promise I am a fan in BB10 at least. I think Dan's biggest critics would say he's a huge funsucker but I don't believe that. I loved his relationships he formed with Keesha and Renny and they had great moments together, especially any time Dan mocked them. I also think, even though he doesn't get involved in drama, Dan's great at lighting the dynamite and leaving the room just as the bomb explodes. While I would like to see him get his hands dirty, I thank him for his service in allowing the drama to happen. If was really a funsucker, he would go full Derrick Levasseur and separate Keesha and Jessie to separate rooms, never allowing her amazing birthday fight to happen. I apologize to Dan's fans for this cut, unless Corey is a fan then I absolutely do not apologize.

• Sad 2

Grant Denyer (DWTS Australia - Season 19)

fca0f804eab22dc5de41d7b482579589387ba8a7

Grant Denyer is an Australian television and radio host. He first competed on season 4 of DWTS Australia, where he won with his pro partner Amanda Garner He returned for season 19 (which is billed as "all-stars" even though they still cast a handful of people who haven't done the show before) where he went on to win again, this time partnered with Lily Cornish. And look, I like Lily and I'm happy for her that she got her winning moment as a pro, but Grant was fine but certainly not as amazing as the judges were hyping him up to be. And i really felt that they were pushing for him to win. After accurately giving him a 26 the first week, he suddenly scored 39's and 40's the rest of the season. Mind you, Courtney Act and David Rodan were also on this season and scored 39's and 40's since week 1 and uh, Grant was nowhere near their level. (This season only lasted 7 weeks with couples alternating which weeks they dance on; the judges waste no time handing out the 10's like candy. :haha: ) Besides him suddenly scoring really well despite not being on the same level as Courtney and David, there were a lot of things this season that left a bad taste in my mouth. The blatant lowballing of Ricki-Lee all season long. The elimination of Bridie over the far inferior Anthony. Followed by the eliminations of very good dancers Kylie and Olympia the following two weeks while the mediocre Kris snuck his way into the finale. They definitely wanted "wildcard" new celebs in the finale this time around. All of this just felt like it was to increase the chances of their favorite winning. The rightful winner of this season would've been Courtney Act, who was flawless all season long. But she had to settle for runner-up again. She deserved better. So did Ricki-Lee, Olympia, Kylie & Bridie. I just don't understand how you can have such an amazing cast of female celebs...and decide you want Grant of all people to win. Sure, the studio audience voted for him to win. But uh, the judges' scores also count for something and they definitely helped propel him to the win by scoring dances that were just fine 39's and 40's.

He danced a Cha-Cha, Viennese Waltz, Paso Doble & Freestyle. The Cha-Cha was his lowest-scoring dance, receiving a 26. The Viennese Waltz and Freestyle were his highest-scoring dances, receiving a 40. As I said, he was fine. But he really wasn't quite at the level that the judges' scores would make you think. He was my 7th-favorite of the season at most. Clearly I was disappointed with him winning when we had such a great cast of celebs on our hands.

Oooof Dan is another harsh/tough cut. 😢 Dang losing Alfonso, Tamar and Dan all in one day really stings. 😢 :broken: 

I really like Grant but after the three above cuts, his cut isn't nearly as bad. :haha: I liked him, enjoyed his dances and thought he was great fun. I also agree that Courtney should have won the season. David would have been a great winner too but I would have preferred Courtney to win as she didn't win before. Also would have loved Ricki-Lee to win but her Freestyle was kinda disappointing. 🙈

Oooh yeah and the judges handing out scores of 38-40s on Week 1/2 was reallly insane. :dead: 

Chloe Dao

chloe-dao.jpg?auto=compress&crop=faces&f

I'm gonna go back to cutting someone from Project Runway, as there's still a lot of winners left from that show. Chloe Dao was one of the names suggested to me that would be fine to cut from Project Runway, so hopefully this is okay with the other Project Runway fans out there that didn't suggest this to me. :haha: Anywho, Chloe Dao is a Fashion Boutique Owner, who is the winner of the 2nd season of Project Runway, where she won all the way back in March 2006. Chloe's stats look pretty good and solid here.  She was only in the low category twice on Episodes 4 & 11. She was listed as high on 5 episodes - Episodes 5 through 9 straight through. She won two challenges on Episodes 2 and 10. But then lastly, she was the winner of the finale challenge. 

But OMG looking at the elimination order chart, Santino Rice's stats are ICONIC! :dead: Every week he was either the winner of the challenge, on the high end or the low end EVERY week. He never had a safe "In" there. :dead: And omgg he was a judge on the early seasons of Drag Race so he's another Project Runway alum I know so yayy. 

Anyway, back to Chloe Dao, I don't know if she was a good winner or not, but she seems like the right winner for this season. Her designs look good and she seems talented with designing. Hopefully people aren't too attached to her. I'll close this out with Chloe with one of her designs as well as a video of her designs.

JayMarroquin_ChloeDao_SS2015-0166_xclxqu

• Sad 1

Cotton Candy / Gabby Douglas

602eaf6031eb0600197c403e?width=600&format=jpeg&auto=webp

You're telling me I still need to do 23 of these? Is that even possible anymore? I guess I'll keep going with Gabby Douglas who is a sensationally talented gymnast. Who I soured on initially because her response to the gymnasts speaking out about the abuse they received was initially awful but then she later came out to tell her own stories and.. anyway this is too much for a little reality TV rankdown and I just think the only right answer to all that is hoping all of those women are continued to be showered with the love and support they need.

My cut is simply because, like with Louis Smith, I do not and can not care about The Masked Dancer. A show in which professional dancer Paula Abdul and future DWTS third boot Brian Austin Green pretended to identify celebrities who jumped around in elaborate costumes. Looking at the cast of that season, half of them were either DWTS alum (Mackenzie, Bill, Maks lol) or would later go on to become such (Jordin and Vinny on the new season). It's not a terrible cast for a terrible show idea. Some of it is incredibly random though like haven't we all been waiting on tenterhooks to see child safety activist Elizabeth Smart dress up as a moth and dance to the "Boot Scootin' Boogie" by Brooks & Dunn? I know I have!

Gabby beat two dancers in the endgame so good for her. I'm sure the Masked Dancer trophy rightfully took the place on her trophy cabinet in place of her gold medals. No matter how talented she is out on this show I cannot let a Masked Dancer winner win this game!

• Confused 1

paige-turley-finley-tapp-love-island-tak
Paige and Finn

Paige and Finn are the winners of sixth series of Love Island UK. Paige and Finn were an okay couple. I think people liked Finn more than Paige but they were one of the longest pairings when it came to the final so they seemed a lot stronger than some others. They were obviously a strong couple because they are still together three years later. Paige came in to the series as a minor celebrity after she dated Lewis Capaldi and rumour has it that his song “Someone You Loved” was written about her. Paige was opinionated and struggled to find a relationship she was happy with until she finally let her walls down and let Finn in. Finn was a lovely guy throughout the series and didn’t do much wrong and I guess that’s why I’m cutting them here. The series wasn’t great as it went along and they ended up just being there towards the end. I would’ve preferred Siannise and Luke to win or even Ched and Jess. 

• Like 1

MARK OWEN

0_67th-Ivor-Novello-Awards-Arrivals-Lond

Continuing to cut from CBBUK (trusting Zoey's suggestions :giggle:), today it shall be Mark Owen who is a member of the pop group "Take That". He is also the winner of Celebrity Big Brother UK Season 2. This season also had 6 celebrities and lasted 10 days. Mark Owen beat Goldie, Anne Diamond, Sue Perkins, Melinda Messenger & Les Dennis. Mark was nominated on Day 7 against Sue but Sue received 75% of the vote to evict. In the Final, Mark won with 77% of the vote against Les Dennis. That's quite a large margin so I guess it's safe to assume that Mark was much more well liked than the other finalists, Les & Melinda. Anyway, the only members I know of from "Take That" is Gary Barlow & Robbie Williams so yeah, Mark Owen can leave the Rankdown now.

8 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Dan Gheesling

I do admit Dan was one of my favorite winners. He played the game with integrity, being nice to everyone and never forming alliances through most of the game. He got to the end because nobody wanted him out (except maybe Jerry). If I didn't know better, I'd say Alex was following me around from show to show, cutting people he thinks are my favorites, to get back at me for the controversial cuts I've made. 🤨

Eight negative reactions! 😠

I beat my own record.

Loop Robot GIF by RayFChang

I am still the king.

King Yes GIF

But I'm honestly not even trying to do that. I cut both Will and Tamar because I don't think they are the best. 500 might seem low, but remember for Big Brother, we have already cut more than half of them, so they actually did better than average.

Edited by Qorey

7 hours ago, *Lily said:

Tamar Braxton I am sure has literally never been in the conversation of people who bit Beyoncé lmao

Lol yeah I never heard of this regarding Tamar. I thought it was known who the main celeb was that was talked about there.