Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Marissa Jaret Winokur

image.jpeg.f8bedc63cbc282cf232266f208b1b857.jpeg

It was a real challenge for Marissa to compete in the Big Brother house. She wasn't a skinny model, nor was she athletic, nor was she a man. But those are all negative qualities anyway, so Marisa skated straight to the end, where she sat next to her pet duck, and easily won the first celebrity edition.

🙄

I don't really enjoy the celebrity version of Big Brother. It feels like they know they are putting on a show, and nobody really cares whether they win. There is also a distinct anti-male sentiment. On regular Big Brother, there is a sense that the guys are more competitive and "bigger threats" to winning, but the celebrities take it one step further, and evict them all as soon as humanly possible. Marissa essentially won the game for being mediocre and a non-threat, and that is a stupid reason to give someone the big prize. 

1599106753458_bonnie-anderson-masked-singer.jpg

During the second season of The Masked Singer : Australia, there was a total of 12 contestants who sported a variety of costumes including a Bushranger, a Queen, a Puppet, a Kitten and a Wizard to name a few.  And in a cast of singers, despite not having the best costume, Bonnie Anderson as the Bushranger was able to secure a win. A win that I certainly did not agree as I thought she was incredibly weak with her performances - she's not a vocalist and she certainly won for her performance ability as Queen (Kate Miller-Heidke) should have won for her originality, her theatricality and her vocals ; I even though Sophie Monk as the Dragonfly was way better than Bonnie Anderson.  She's easily my least favourite winner of the Australia franchise, and I love how the audience were mad about her winning because no one knew who she was - for those curious, she won Australia's Got Talent when she was fairly young but her voice certainly hasn't aged that well, in my opinion. And she has since went on to appear on Neighbours like every other Australian's celebrities & hopefully her acting is more impressive than her singing.

Joe McElderry

220px-Joe_McElderry_in_Edinburgh.jpg

I remembered how much I struggled to get rid of him in the X Factor rankdown so taking the opportunity now. Joe was the winner of season 6 of X Factor UK, a season I'm not too fond of but still, how did he win? Like the field was very weak outside of Stacey, but instead we got another boring male winner. He didn't manage to make much of a career in pop music, but found success in musicals instead, so good for him on finding a niche that worked for him, however I'm not really a musicals person so yeah, don't care about him at all and is probably one of my least liked winners overall.

• Sad 2

I'm still kinda shook on how Marissa Jaret Winokur won CBBUS1. :giggle: She was interesting to watch on that show, lol.

Aww I loved Joe McElderry. :(  I thought he was a great singer, loved his voice and deserving winner. I'm glad he at least made it to the Top 500 but still wish he could have made it further. Ugh, it was so frustrating how he was so close to making the finals of the XF game as it almost could have happened but it just didn't work out. :dead: 🤣

Tom Chambers 

hqdefault.jpg

Thomas Stuart "Tom" Chambers is an actor known for his role as Sam Strachan in the BBC medical dramas Holby City and Casualty. He is also known for portraying Max Tyler in the drama series Waterloo Road. Tom won the sixth series of Strictly Come Dancing. He was the third male to win the show. His partner was Camilla Dallerup. His highest score was a 39 (four judges scoring this season) for his foxtrot to "Here You Come Again" by Dolly Parton and his lowest score was a 28 for his Cha-Cha to "Nowhere to Run" by Martha and the Vandellas. Tom also appeared on the Strictly Christmas special in 2015 with Oti Mabuse as his partner.

• Sad 1

Johnny & Tyler

448x252-3.jpg?w=600&h=338

And with that, the final Bananas win falls. It was a treacherous three days reminding myself of the Johnny Bananas experience, but it was beyond time. Oop at second glance it appears he's still in for a Champs vs. Stars win, but I didn't watch that show sooooo might as well let it be the highest Bananas win. Anyways, Johnny & Tyler were pairs on the original Rivals season. Similar to Battle of the Exes, Rivals is one of the most beloved seasons in the franchise. I'm rather mixed on it. There are certainly high highs, but there are also really low lows. The problem is this was just another season run by JEK with little to no opposition. Normally they'd be fought by people like Wes or Evelyn, but due to the format they instead got paired with Kenny and Paula and had no reason to take them down.

The Rivals casting was actually pretty decent because a lot of these pairs genuinely hated each other. Not so much Johnny & Tyler. The two of them got their MTV start on the same Real World season together. I didn't watch it, but as far as I know there was some occasional drama between them, but they were mainly friendly. They both debuted on The Duel together where Tyler got sent into the first elimination and decided to duel Bananas, defeating him. This was the reason for their "rivalry" despite the fact that The Duel happened five years before Rivals and they seemed to be completely fine together on Cutthroat the season just before Rivals.

As I say over and over again, the season was dominated by JEK. Their only foe was CT, who probably would've taken them all down single-handedly if he wasn't being dragged down by Adam King, who seemed more interested in appeasing JEK than actually winning the game. Look, I get that Adam wasn't excited to be partnered with CT or win with him. CT beat him to a pulp just a few years earlier during a drug-induced rage. But there's money on the line!!! This is the era where CT has finally matured and is a sensible partner!!! But I digress. Johnny & Tyler ran the game politically and athletically. They won three dailies and narrowly defeated CT & Adam in the final elimination (which Adam may or may not have been throwing). Wes & Kenny were hilariously embarrassing flops in the final and lol poor Leroy was never gonna win a final with Michael Ross as his partner. So Bananas & Tyler win the season. Fascinating stuff.

Honestly Bananas was mostly fine this season? Maybe I'm just numb to his antics. The majority of his vitriol was aimed towards CT, someone who can absolutely handle it. Cara Maria and Michael were certainly getting bullied throughout the season, but Wes & Kenny were the main perpetrators there. Not that Bananas was innocent, but simply not as bad as usual. Yes I know, the bar is on the ground. Then with Tyler, I just have a soft spot for him. Like I talked about with Frank when I cut Team San Diego, I love to see a gay man dominate the show, especially since most seasons they're picked off first or second. Tyler is one of the best swimmers this show has ever seen and won two seasons in a row with Cutthroat & Rivals. That is absolutely something that should be celebrated and admired. I find Tyler to be generally likable. This was probably my least favorite season of him as a character though. He had a hissy fit right before getting thrown into the final elimination which was kinda pathetic, his interactions with Leroy made me side-eye him a bit, and he was very much a bystander during the worst of the Cara Maria bullying. While I understand his need to step in and defend his friend Paula when Laurel was verbally annihilating her, Paula made her bed when she bullied Cara Maria. I didn't see Tyler standing up for her against Paula.

So overall, they played a fine game, this is arguably Bananas most tolerable win (I'd give Free Agents the edge, but that win didn't even survive the opening purge here lol), this is Tyler's least tolerable season, and now they're out.

Aww I loved Tom Chambers on Strictly, as he was my 2nd favorite on his series (after Rachel Stevens, of course). Loved so many of his dances.

LOL Alex killing off all of these Johnny Bananas wins. :dead: But it's understandable as he has like 6 or 7 entries on here? :lmao: So all fair game! I can't really remember this season that well but another great write-up there.

Violet Chachki

f71c645bb5e47c779c07b211426e5ea8.jpg

I debated for about a week or so, or maybe even longer of when I would cut Violet Chachki as I always had her as one of my Drag Race targets. I decided to hold off until the Top 500 for reasons that..... I don't even know and can't really explain. Then two other Drag Race winners got cut today and I thought of changing my mind but then I didn't feel like it so I landed on Violet. Violet Chachki is the winner of Rupaul's Drag Race Season 7, which was both one of my lesser favorite seasons and winners. Violet was probably around my 6th favorite of the season, which is quite low for a winner for me.

Hmm Violet was a conflicting contestant for me who I had a polarizing relationship with Violet while watching the show. I’ll start off with the bad and will say I found Violet really annoying and quite stuck-up and high on herself. I did not like Violet’s personality the first few episodes. I felt she came off thinking she was better than everyone else. Now I can and will always admit that Violet is an ICON with her runway looks and she was amazing with all of her runway looks and presentations. :omg: Not only was Violet one of the best by far this season with her runway looks but one of the best of the (American) series. I'm not really sure how you could compare across seasons, but she did always give great looks. Of course, Violet slayed the Hello Kitty design episode and also that first episode with the Spring & Fall fashion looks - especially that 2nd outfit where she transformed her outfit on the runway. This look:

violet-chachki-drag-queen.gif

This was always a major standout moment of that season from me! 😮 She had a few other standout runway moments like these:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119bc1f966d732229b2e

09caf396703874ab1475f09cd53fed112f-viole

I always got this ANTM type contestant vibe from Violet and would think that’s a better fitting show for hr. Sadly I wasn’t really too impressed with her on the acting and comedy-based challenges. She started off really bad on those but did eventually improve and got better on that. She really surprised me and did great on that Tango/Vogue dance challenge. And personality-wise, I do appreciate that she took notes and criticism on how Violet comes across from the other Queens and worked on that. She did change for sure and became more likable as the season went on, so that was good. Although it was kind of a little too late. Season 7 was the first time i wasn’t really too excited for a winner (on a regular season version). Violet is an alright/decent winner but definitely one of my lesser favorite winners from the franchise. She brought great looks but I wanted more from her everywhere else. I prefer more well-rounded drag performers (like Jinkx and Bianca) - the ones who can perform, lip sync, sing, dance, do comedy, entertain, etc. I'll post a short best of video of Violet on the show.

• Sad 1

JACK DEE

1024px-Jack_Dee_2014.JPG

Well, after the Chloe cut :( I was really bummed but there's still so many winners that I have no clue about so decided to stick to my plan of cutting a BBUK Winner. Unfortunately, today it will be Jack Dee, who is a Comedian and the Winner of the inaugural season of Celebrity Big Brother UK back in 2001. Wow, I'm just seeing this season only had 6 celebs and lasted 8 days? Such a short season but make sense with the small cast. Anyway, he won the finale with 59%, beating Claire Sweeney. Ooooh, I do like how BBUK & The X Factor would reveal the actual voting percentages...I wish American Idol & The Voice did that because I love to see the statistics, lol. Anyway, I don't really have much to say about Jack Dee because I have no clue who is so I am rambling on just to meet the 100 words requirement!

Alfonso Ribeiro

https-cdn-cnn-com-cnnnext-dam-assets-190

I decided to be petty today. I guess I'll go with a Dancing with the Stars petty cut once again and cut the most overrated DWTS contestant of all the time in Alfonso Ribeiro. He is hosting the show now, so between him and Tyra that will be insufferable for me LMAO. Anyway him and Witney did a good job I guess. Janel was my favorite but no one even touched Alfonso and Witney and it was clear they were going to win from week one lol. They were given a lot of 30's and sailed to the finale. His Jazz is great for sure. I am not trying to down play him he was good, just not my cup of tea and I felt like being petty this morning lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Yeah when Diana said she was planning on being petty, I was about 90% sure she was gonna cut Alfonso. :( Sad about it but I knew he wouldn't last super long. I'm just happy he made it to the Top 500, at least.

Although he was given 40s as that season had 4 judges. :giggle: 

Patrick Hunter "Tango"

Patrick Tango Hunter (@ThisIsTango) / Twitter

Patrick Tango won the first season of I Love New York, and presumably New Yorks heart.  Not for very long as Tiffany Pollard "New York" would go on to try and find love or whatever it was she was doing with a second season on VH1.  I assume she dumped him for a second season.  He beat out some guy named Chance after 12 episodes of dating New York.  This sounds like a bad/maybe more entertaining version of the bachelorette.  Why am I cutting it?  Not a fan of dating shows and I prefer different competitions shows.  I also assume this would be a fairly easy cut as no one's really been vocal about their love for Tango.

Oooooh right, that was Tango! I vaguely remember him. I remember people like Chance, Real, Whiteboy and Mr. Boston more than Tango on that season. :dead: 

And lmaoo yeah... Flavor of Love and I Love New York (and those Rock of Love + its spin offs) were like The Bachelor/ette spin offs, but VERY different types. :haha: 

Holli Ugalde

590589b0997cea4957c8a5d9d06c79f8_400x400

Holli Ugalde was a contestant on the seventh season of Hell's Kitchen. Upon winning the season, Gordon Pamsey promised her a head chef position at the Savoy Grill in London, United Kingdom along with a $250,000 salary. Like the last person from Hell's Kitchen that I cut, she never got the job, but in this case it was due to Visa issues rather than cocaine. Like Ja'Nel, she kept the winning salary and the title of "Season 7 winner". She was the youngest female winner of Hell's Kitchen and third female winner at the time. Still seems a fair cut though.