Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

35 minutes ago, jarmon said:

I haven’t watched the earlier seasons of BBUK so if anyone wants to recommend some of the lesser liked winners for me to cut please let me know 🤭

Pete Bennett, Aaron Allard-Morgan, Sam Evans, Jack Dee, Mark Owen, Bez or John Laughton can all go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

David Good

David-lci2z6.jpg

I am just over here reeving over Erich actually being a Jed AND a Garrett put together so I had to just cut someone from Bachelor Nation for today. That choice goes to David Good. If you are like me you are probably wondering who in the heck is David Good?!? He was a contestant on the 5th season of The Bachelorette and was a nobody but somehow got cast on the first season of Bachelor Pad and Won?????????????????? I legit don't remember a thing about him and I know more about the Bachelor world than I care to admit. This is a way generous place for any contestant from Bachelor Pad/Bachelorette/Bachelor and that is coming from the person who requested them all lol.

Edited by *Diana

8 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

wow and Wallace didn't even have to talk about how Eliana fell off the deep end with her questionable views lately

I made a slight reference to it. But I don't know any of her views/what she posted on them to write about it. :haha: 

8 hours ago, taylorkat said:

Is there anyone left that doesn't have questionable views from any show?

Lmaoo no. :dead: 

8 hours ago, Zoey said:

Pete Bennett, Aaron Allard-Morgan, Sam Evans, Jack Dee, Mark Owen, Bez or John Laughton can all go.

5 hours ago, jarmon said:

Thank you!! 👌🏽

Although do leave Aaron alone for a bit as I wanted to do/mention something in a write-up for him. :haha: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, *Chris said:

I have another one to cut from Bachelor Nation as  I saw said person liking some of B. Aldean's merch... But I will wait til Lauren and Emily are cut. 

I just saw that? Ooof. I am just to the point where 99.9 percent of BN is trash

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Isn't that like a requirement to get on the show?

there are a few good eggs (actually the last cast of Bachelorette Australia actually all seems to be mostly good...which probably has more to do with the Bachelorette they cast). But you can tell the show is so afraid of losing that "Middle America" market that you get casts that reflect the market rather than the Bachelors/Bachelorettes (I think since Andi most Bachelorettes have actually been liberal leaning [sans Jojo] but even for like Becca Kufrin all four of her Top 4 voted Republican).

It's kind of like Big Brother or really any reality show. The people who are cast aren't cast because of their good contributions to society. They are cast for what they think will make "entertaining" TV.

anyway, i'm gonna watch the bachelor because it's dumb and I'll keep watching until two contestants fall in love with each other! It's happened TWICE in Australia (Megan/Tiffany who have broken up and are now dating men and Holly/Millie who are still together and only half count because they were a part of the bisexual season) and Vietnam (Truc Nhu and Minh Thu who I believe are still together).

• Like 1

Adam Rippon

Rippon wins "Dancing with The Stars"

I haven't cut from DWTS and we are about 1/3rd of the way through the rankdown.  So its time to make a cut.  While he is not the worst winner of Dancing with the Stars, he is amongst my least favorite.  I was rooting for Mirai, Chris and Tonya on his season.  So the fact that he has won, and is Jenna's only winning partner is kind of sad.  He only won, one season before the series worst winner Bobby Bones.  This was my era of not enjoying the winners.  I recently cut him from the fifth Dancing with the Stars Rankdown and I feel like that sums up my thoughts on him, so I am adding it to the write up of this rankdown.

On 7/25/2022 at 6:50 PM, Solaris said:

Adam Rippon

Dancing With the Stars': Adam Rippon crowned champion

I really wanted to like Adam during the Athletes only season of Dancing with the Stars.  He was paired with one of my favorite pro's Jenna Johnson.  He was a figure skater, so it was assumed he would transition to ballroom dancing decently easy.  However as I watched this shortened season I noticed he got to dance Jazz, Contemporary and Freestyle in 3 out of his five dances on the show.  I have a big gripe with this show and its use of contemporary and Jazz performances.  There should be one night of the season that you get either the Contemporary or the Jazz, or maybe just call it Contemporary/Jazz and everyone gets this category.  That way I don't have to see people get this multiple times throughout the season.  His Jazz was fantastic.  His freestyle on the other hand was awful, and rubbed me the wrong way.  Thank you for coming to my rant about Contemporary/Jazz routines on Dancing with the Stars.  

Edited by Solaris

Blu Hydrangea (RuPaul's Drag Race: UK vs. The World)

RuPaul Weighs In After Pangina Heals' Shock Elimination From Drag Race UK  vs. The World | HuffPost UK Entertainment

It's been some time since this season aired and I'm becoming more and more comfortable with the idea that this season was one of the worst. This concept was basically the first attempt at an international All Stars for drag race. It had some queens from the US, some from the UK, a couple from Canada, one from Holland's Drag Race (they didn't speak English in that season but they picked someone who would be able to speak English for this season), and in a surprise stunt casting they had Pangina Heals, one of the main judges and co-hosts of Drag Race Thailand. Pangina had never competed as a contestant before. But she ate the girls up. This season proved that the "all star rules" concept (AKA when the queens eliminate each other rather than the judges) is tired and doesn't always make for good TV. I'm sure producers thought "this is so great, even if they eliminate good queens then it just makes for more drama" but that is false. If you have the cast eliminating all the strongest competition, and also ALL THE QUEENS WHO MAKE GOOD TV, then the season is going to peter out. 

That's not to say that Pangina didn't also contribute to the bad season. Pangina eliminating the Canadian queens, who are fan favorites and frankly made better TV than the others, was hard to take. So on some level, Pangina getting eliminated after doing that was kind of iconic and it was also nice to see the person who made the Pangina elimination ACTUALLY go on to win the season (which is something that Naomi unfortunately wasn't able to do in AS4 after her iconic cut of Manila). And Blu isn't a BAD queen per se. She did fairly well on the season, and off the show she is one of the best make-up artists across the entire franchise. But this season just wasn't fun to watch and Blu didn't feel like a satisfying winner to redeem any of it in the end. Also I stand by my opinion that Baga Chips is just an unpleasant person to watch, super whiny and entitled and it's not just a difference of American humor/personality vs. British humor/personality. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. 

• Sad 2

As we're about to be 1/3rd done the rankdown I wanted to give an update on the last round final cut and vote. 

Qualified: Requiring 30 write ups (or host privilege)

@Solaris - 23 (cause host) :haha:

Not Qualified (Yet):

@*Wallace- 25

@*Diana - 24

@taylorkat - 24

@Alex95 - 23

@FrogLenzen - 22

@jarmon - 19

@Qorey - 17

@Zoey - 17

@Steven_ - 13

@*Chris - 12

@*Amanda - 8

@NGM - 8

@*Lily - 7

@~Tom~ - 5

I am confident people will get their numbers to 30+ by the final round. I will update the first page too!

Edited by Solaris
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ~Tom~ said:

Sad to see Blu eliminated! I haven’t watched UK vs The World in full but I liked what I saw. 

I really like Blu too, but as far as a winners season goes, it's justified for this point.  

• Like 2

Kohanski.jpg
Chloe Kohanski

I haven’t cut from The Voice US yet so I’m making this cut based on my least favourite winner from there left and it’s easily Chloe but not by very much. Chloe Kohanski won the thirteenth season of The Voice US and was coached by Blake Shelton throughout. I still to this day do not understand Chloe’s appeal. I find her to have a completely average voice and it’s one we’ve heard a lot throughout the years of singing shows. She was no where near the best vocalist of the season and if we put her next to Janice and Brooke.. there is zero competition. Janice and Brooke eat Chloe Alice so I still wonder how she came about winning when there were better female singers in the competition. She must’ve had some bloody good intro packages. She ruined so many classics in my opinion and did not deserve to get the amount of multipliers that she received throughout the season. Her IWTKWLI was terrible and BDE was bordering on gimmicky. Chloe will always be towards the bottom of this shows winners list because I find her to be beyond basic. Goodbye!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4