Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

project-runway-46-sebelia.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=1024

Out of the winners of Project Runway, Jeffrey Sebelia is probably one of my least favourite winner of the series. For those unaware, Jeffrey won the 3rd season of Project Runway after delivering a very questionable final runway collection - the other collections weren't out of this world but they were far better than Jeffrey's collection who didn't even represent him as a designer. Throughout the season, he was presenting himself as punk/emo/edgy designer and then on the finale he gives us colors and stripes & his designs had no life.  He was also not known for his sewing skills, and there was allegations that he cheated during the finale - there was an investigation following said investigation - and these allegations certainly left a sour taste in my mouth especially when you compare his final runway collection to Laura & Uli.   And I actually felt that he was quite inconsistent during his time on the show - I mean his track record speaks for itself especially with 4 low placements and 2 before the finale... Interesting that he certainly got good at sewing :giggle:.   On top of all of this, his attitude was on another level - incredibly cocky, a mean individual, and even made someone's mom cried... That's truly all you need to do. But what you really need to know is that he wanted to be a villain like his friend, Santino Rice - yes, the same Santino that was once a judge on RPDR... He thought being a jerk paid off for Santino and he wanted to be the villain of the season. I guess he's the proof that the nice guys don't always win but I am proving him that not being nice doesn't win you the rankdown.

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

Danielle Bradbery

500x500.jpg

I was nice to her by not cutting her super early like I wanted to, but I got rid of most of the other teen winners so time for her to leave too. Danielle Bradbery was the winner of S4 of The Voice. She started and stuck to pretty boring, safe performances of old songs to pander pretty effectively to the boring audience that watched the show (this was also on the season Blake Shelton decided to push a full country team with none of them being actually interesting and the best country acts were on Team Adam of all people). I know she has released some music and has done covers but they are as boring as I expected, so basically she's keeping her brand from her run on the show.

Shoutout to her Shake the Sugar Tree performance for being so cringy that its actually memorable and funny for all the wrong reasons tho.

• Sad 1

Hines Ward (Dancing with the Stars - Season 12)

Dancing with the Stars" winner: Hines Ward wins the Super Bowl of dancing -  CBS News

Big Brother UK, Survivor, and the Challenge still have the most winners still in the game. But DWTS is not far behind those. I'm cutting Hines because I think he is the least iconic DWTS winner left. He wasn't the first football player to win, and it wasn't the first time Kym Johnson won. I think that Season 12 had one of the weakest casts of all time. I am very happy that he won over Kirstie Alley and Chelsea "WHO?" Kane. But I don't have any strong memories of his dances. He had the towels for his football team or something, I think they used them in a dance at one point. But I will give him credit for getting 4 perfect scores in the last two weeks of the competition. He's my least favorite of the sportsball DWTS winners left, so I'd rather the others beat him in this game. 

p033wlj3.jpg
Joseph Valente

Joseph Valente is the winner of the eleventh series of The Apprentice UK. Joseph won the investment in to his plumbing business but went on to own multiple business and turn over millions of pounds every year. Joseph wasn’t the greatest contestant but he was a normal guy and had the rags to riches storyline throughout the season. He only won once as Project Manager but most of them only had one win by the time they were fired. It wasn’t the best season but there were some other likeable people such as Vana, Charleine and Brett. I think this series gets lost in the shuffle so there’s no point Joseph sticking around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

For those unaware, Jeffrey won the 3rd season of Project Runway after delivering a very questionable final runway collection - the other collections weren't out of this world but they were far better than Jeffrey's collection who didn't even represent him as a designer.

apparently hot take! but I think Jeffrey won on his final collection definitely.

JOSH KAUFMAN

1400689174000-Kaufman-Usher-Voice.jpg?wi

Joshua Kaufman is an American soul singer and singer-songwriter. He is best known for winning the sixth season of NBC's The Voice as a member of Usher's team and previously Adam Levine's team. For his Blind Audition he sang "One More Try" that got him 4 chairs to turn and he ultimately picked Adam. He then defeated Austin Ellis in the Battles Round 1 to "Happy". He unfortunately lost Battles Round 2 to Delvin Choice but was stolen by Usher. Battles Round 2 should've never been a thing, I'd much rather have 2 rounds of Knockouts than Battles, Battles are just my least favourite part of the show tbh. But anyways. He then sang for the Playoffs in order: "It Will Rain", "Stay with Me", "This is It", "I Can't Make You Love Me", "All of Me", "Love Runs Out", "Every Breath You Take", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours" & "Set Fire to the Rain". He was a great singer, no doubt. But, I was a hardcore Christina Grimmie (RIP) fan and was super bummed that she didn't win. I do wonder if the iTunes votes multiplier would've changed results...but even then, it would mean a Jake Worthington win, sigh. But, yeah this season had some amazing female talents like Christina Grimmie, Kristen Merlin, Kat Perkins, Sisaundra Lewis, Audra McLaughlin, Tess Boyer, Bria Kelly & Dani Moz, all of whom made the Lives and still they lost. Very disappointing. 

• Sad 1

Andrea Muizelaar

Picture of Andrea Muizelaar

Andrea was the inaugural winner of Canada's Next Top Model.  She is also my least favorite of the 3 winners. She was the "quirky girl" of her season, who I remember most for making her own cloths and turner her sweater sleeves into socks.  Andrea was a pretty girl, but wasn't the individual I was rooting for and I think she didn't have the tough skin required to make it in the Top Modelling industry.  I thought Alanna had it in the bad as she was consistently strong turning out 3 First call outs (compared to Andrea's and Sisi's 0), but Sisi was who I really wanted to win as despite not being a First Call Out (Robbed).  Andrea was a crying wreck all season and I just didn't see it.  That said at the Top 3 she landed her FCO, and Sisi got eliminated.  Then she did well in the final runway challenge and was crowned.  She quit modelling a year after her win and she did a large internet post about her experience and why she quit.  You can look it up if you;re interested.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

apparently hot take! but I think Jeffrey won on his final collection definitely.

i gotta use the wayback machine to make sure. because I know I was definitely TEAM ULI the entire time.

Actually no in retrospect Laura should have won. I'm not /mad/ at Jeffrey's win (and I can see why he won just like Christian would win a season later despite Jillian having the best collection).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

anthem for all female Project Runway contestants

only a woman could get away without knowing how to sew and still win!!!!!! (I think Season 9 was the last season I watched Project Runway). I think I watched like a season of All-Stars but was probably FURIOUS that Kara Janx got eliminated like halfway through (JUSTICE FOR KARA JANX TRUE WINNER OF SEASON 2)

Asia Nitollano

500full-asia-nitollano.jpg&ehk=MFka153z4

Asia Nitollano is a singer, dancer, model, and cheerleader from New York. Asia became a member of the Pussycat Dolls after winning the television series Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll. She ended up leaving a few months later to pursue a solo career. Asia was never contractually obligated to join the Pussycat Dolls. Robin Antin (judge and founder of the Pussycat Dolls) said that she wasn't the strongest vocalist of the final three, but she was the best performer. She appeared in advertisements for the Sean Jean Women's collection. In 2014, it says that she was unsigned and working on an album, but from the looks of it, the album never came to be.

Red Boat (Johnny, Kenny, Evelyn & Derrick)

stripes4.jpg

This is a cut I've been putting off for a while and that's for one reason and one reason only. That is Queen Evelyn Smith. Though The Island is one of the worst seasons with one of the worst formats, there is a saving grace. Evelyn's performance here is truly one of the greatest the show has ever seen. As a character, as a competitor, as a winner, as everything. If we were ranking the Challenge winners individually, I would be fighting my ass off to get Evelyn to the top 100 of this game at worst. However, we are not. Evelyn had to share her win with Johnny, Kenny, and Derrick and they were truly awful, bottom-tier winners. Because of that, I just couldn't justify having them last any longer in the game. The Island marks the rise of the JEK dynasty. Gauntlet III is where Kenny & Evan take the reigns and become the season-ruining monsters we all know them to be. However, Johnny was still not fully in the clique yet. While Johnny showed his ass a bit on Inferno 3, he was pretty quickly outcasted the following season in Gauntlet III and sacrificed by his future bffs, a decision that proved to be fatal for his team.

With a lot to prove, Johnny came into the scene hard on The Island with a lot of alpha male energy. For some reason, The Challenge decided to make a Survivor-lite season. The competitors were stranded on and island with minimal food and uncomfortable sleeping arrangements. This was in 2008 so it wasn't even during the heights of Survivor's fame or anything either :wacko:. The only way to make the men of The Challenge somehow even more unlikable is to starve them. The drama turned into all the big men deciding they need the majority of the food and the girls and skinny guys could have like one grain of rice per day. And half the girls and skinny guys went along with this hoping they could ride their coattails long enough till the end of the game, as if a group of like 10 people were ever gonna win :wacko:.

Kenny & Johnny ran this season with an iron fist, no doubt about that. The two of them stormed around the island, eating all the food, calling all the girls bitches, and had half the cast begging them to drag them to the end with them. A few girls attempted to stage a coup early on by voting Johnny out second, but Abram wanted off the show and Paula & Johanna suck and would never support a female coup. They thought the girls would never be able to survive or win without these big strong guys :rolleyes:. So after that, they get very little pushback and they dominate. Derrick isn't as awful as these two. However, this is when he really starts to become a mute side character who is only taken far because of his status as a legend. Derrick has paid his dues, he's had his time in the sun as a rootable underdog. Now he gets to sit there and do nothing as Johnny & Kenny carry him to the end. Vom. But I don't want to waste any more breath on these three losers because there's a star in our midst.

Coming off of her previous season, Evelyn was easily one of my least favorite women on the show. She disrespected Challenge legends such as Coral, Katie, and Beth and happily bffed up with people like CT, Evan, and Kenny at their worst. She was a monster and I never saw myself ever liking or respecting her. But something magical happened between seasons. Maybe when Coral #dragged her ass, something awoken within her and she decided to become a feminist warrior for good. So when she came onto The Island, she was not about to let the men walk over her. She didn't back down from them when they said or did something misogynistic. She also didn't back down from them competitively, as the majority of her challenge wins this season came from defeating men. While so many people decided to run into the storm that was Johnny Bananas and Kenny, Evelyn was not afraid to fight them, which of course culminated in this iconic moment:

Truly one of the best Challenge moments ever :wub:. Everyone's faces :wub: :wub: :wub:. Not a single lie was told by Miss Evelyn. Of course no one listened to her because they're idiots. So Evelyn had to fight on her own to get to the end, and that's exactly what she did. Bananas steals his key back, and instead of continuing this back and forth with them, Evelyn makes a deal with the devil. Evelyn wins the final challenge and she gets to rob someone of their key and their spot in the finals immediately. Instead of going for Johnny & Kenny, she makes a deal with them to win with her. They know it's in their best interest to do so and they take the deal. As delicious as it would've been to see Evelyn take down the cult leaders right before the final, I did enjoy watching Evelyn destroy their most loyal soldiers right before the end. She took Dunbar's key because he didn't do shit all season and didn't deserve a spot in the finals. She defeated Johanna in the final elimination because spending the entire season f*cking Kenny is bad strategy. And then worst of all, she stole Paula's spot on the winning team. Paula, who is so desperate for her first win and has been friends with Johnny since they got their start together on the Real World. Paula who was so determined to ride it out with the guys and eliminate every single woman because she thinks men are stronger than women. She gets left behind from the winning team thanks to her best friends choosing her mortal enemy Evelyn over her for the winning team. So Kenny, Johnny, Derrick, and Evelyn ride off into the sunset together to victory while Paula is left behind with perpetual Challenge losers Jenn, Robin, and Ryan lmao. I know Evelyn aligning with the people she was fighting all season at the last second may seem unsatisfying, but at that point it was the smartest move for her to get the win. And like I said, I find Johnny & Kenny screwing all their minions over at the last second to align with Evelyn to actually be very satisfying. While I hate to see Evelyn's best season get ranked this low, she's in this game three other times (albeit none of these seasons she's as epic as she is in this one). However, I think she would want to be ranked low if it meant Johnny at his worst, Kenny at his most disgusting, and Derrick at his most boring also get ranked low. She also wouldn't care as she's a successful human rights lawyer now who has nothing to do with this show lmao.

Ooof, Joshua Kaufman was the toughest cut of the ones from today. :( Though I also really like Danielle too.

Aww I know Asia Nitollano wasn't the most well liked, but I always loved her. :wub: :giggle: 

Also another really strong and great write-up of The Challenge winners in Red Boat from Alex! I can't remember if I've seen this season or not but loved the detailed write-up as always!

Eliana Girard

Eliana-Girard-Celebrity-Dance.jpg

Before I get into this cut, I had actually planned on cutting Eliana Girard a few days ago but then a lot of SYTYCD winners were getting cut so I held off on that. Then I also decided on cutting between her and another SYTYCD winner, but still opted to go with Eliana as I already lost a number of SYTYCD winning favorites and I don't want anymore to get out before Eliana so here we are! Eliana Girard was the first co-winner of So You Think You Can Dance Season 9, where that season the the woman and the man with the most votes won the competition. It was pretty cool how two ballet dancers in Eliana and Chehon Wespi-Tschopp won it together. 

But sadly, Eliana just was not my favorite. Eliana was partnered with Cyrus. I thought Eliana came into the season as a big favorite and seemed pretty hyped up as a big favorite. Then her first two dances: a Broadway to "Run and Tell That" and a Jive to "I'm Shakin'" were both lackluster and disappointing dances. Those dances were not it. :no: Eliana did have a much stronger dance on Week 3 with her Hip-Hop to "Toxic," which was one of her best dances and her standout dance with her original partner, Cyrus. Then on that not needed Mia Michaels past dances night, Eliana & Cyrus reprised that Katee & tWitch "Mercy" Contemporary. That seemed like an obvious choice for them and they didn't bring anything new to the dance. Of her pre-Top 10 dances, I was only a fan of one of her dances here.

Now we have reached to the Top 10 stage of the competition. I do feel like Eliana had a stronger second half of the run on the show, which is good. Her Contemporary to "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" with Season 7 All-Star Alex Wong was very good. Her Quickstep to "That Man" with Season 6 All-Star Ryan Di Lello was also a pretty good dance. Although I do feel like some people overrate that dance and think of it as all that when it really wasn't. :ph34rwave: But it was solid. Oooh then on Top 6 night, she danced a Hip-Hop to "Please Mr. Postman (District 78 remix)," with tWitch, which is a dance I don't really remember. But I'm sure I thought it was cheesy and not a good routine. Her Contemporary to "Adagio for Strings" with Cole was a much better dance from her, but it's Contemporary so that's to be expected.

Then let's get into Eliana's finale night dances. Her Paso Doble with Cyrus was not good. Lol I just thought they were a pretty rough couple when they were out of their genres. :ph34rwave: Eliana's Classical Ballet with Chehon was a technically beautiful dance but I was really bored by that dance. :yawn: Her "When You're Good to Mama" Broadway was a really fun and sexy routine. I loved this and this was easily my favorite dance from Eliana of that finale. Then her last dance was a Contemporary with Alex Wong, which was a beautiful dance and she danced it well. But it's Contemporary, so it was expected to be good from her.

Eliana is a beautiful dancer, especially with the right dances. But when she was out of her comfort zone, I wasn't really impressed or all that into her run. I was also more of a fan of Tiffany, Witney and Lindsay, all of whom made it to the Top 8 and were 2nd, Top 6 and Top 8 respectively. So seeing all of my Top 3 go and lose out back to back to Eliana was frustrating for me.  I wasn't much of a fan of Eliana's and felt that Tiffany should have won that season so again, it was disappointing how that result turned out. :closedeyes: Then I heard there was some bad/unlikable stuff that came out recently about Eliana, which I don't really know or remember right now. But yeah, I felt like I held off on this cut long enough as I didn't want to quite cut from SYTYCD but I'm ready to make this cut now. I will post my some of favorite dances of Eliana's below.

• Like 1

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

wow and Wallace didn't even have to talk about how Eliana fell off the deep end with her questionable views lately

Is there anyone left that doesn't have questionable views from any show?