Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

DUSTIN TAVELLA

aa65252105432e5045eedfa17bba82b4.jpg

Dustin Tavella won America's Got Talent last year. He's a magician, but I don't think he's one of the best magicians to be on the show. He was decent, but his tricks weren't anything we haven't seen before. So, I was surprised when he ended up pulling out the win. I think what got him a lot of votes was how he incorporated his sob story into every act. He always mentions his adopted kids and played up the nice guy persona. If you take away the story, then he just does an average trick that's been done better by past magicians. I guess his storytelling resonated with a lot of people. But from a pure talent level, I don't think any of Dustin's tricks were impressive enough for him to be crowned the winner. I was rooting for Léa Kyle to win last year. I didn't have expectations she would win since it's clear who the judges' favorites are, but I did not see Dustin's win coming. It was surprising, yet still anticlimactic. He was just a boring choice for a winner. I think a lot of AGT fans were split on his win. His supporters thinks he's so humble and inspirational, and they like how he incorporates a message of kindness into his acts. His naysayers say he's a weak magician who manipulated the audience by exploiting a sob story for votes. Regardless if Dustin was purposefully exploitive or not, he still ranks near the bottom of AGT winners in my opinion. So, out he goes from the rankdown.

Richard Hatch is an interesting one. He's a very memorable player and him winning the first Survivor season was legendary moment, as the season was quite legendary. But yeah I was very much #TeamKelley and was really wanting her to win. Then he ruined whatever goodwill he had on the All-Stars season. :closedeyes: 

Likewise Dustin Tavella's win was an interesting one on AGT too. He's talented and good at being a magician, but it wasn't really anything extraordinary to me? I don't know. 🙈 I do know people that did really love him meanwhile I just liked him and was invested more into other acts (Brooke Simpson I think was my fave), so I was quite meh on him winning. His backstory was sweet, touching and I can see how that won him a lot of support. But I do get and understand the cut.

Rak-Su

raksu0812e.jpg?width=968

Rak-Su are an R&B group that won Series 14 of The X Factor UK. They were the first male group to win the show. The group is made up of four childhood friends: Ashley Fongho, Jamaal Shurland, Myles Stephenson and Mustafa Rahimtulla. "Dimelo" was their winner's single. It entered the UK Singles Chart at number two. Their EP titled Rak-Su was released in 2018. They auditioned with an original song called "I'm Feeling You" after Simon stopped them in the middle of singing "Senorita" by Justin Timberlake. They received four yes votes. They went on to perform a lot of original songs during the course of their run.

• Sad 1

Ughh dang I should have cut my 2nd least favorite XFUK winner so that Rak-Su could have beat them. :dead: 🤦‍♂️ Aww sad to see Rak-Su go as I thought they were really interesting, fun and a different type of winner. Not a devastating cut and I can get it though. :haha: 

"Dimelo" was a jam! :bobo: 

HelenPhillips.gif

To continue my trend of cutting Biggest Loser's winner, I am now cutting Helen Phillips who was crowned as the winner of 7th season of Biggest Loser.  On the show, she was part of the pink team with her daughter, Shannon.  During this season, Jillian Michaels was investigated by the producers after one contestant claimed that she was doping the contestants by providing them with drugs to help them lose weight.  And now back to Helen, she was not the most consistent with her weight loss during the competition but she did enough to win the big price as she lost a total 140lbs for a loss of 54% of her starting weight (257 lbs). Since the show ended, Helen hasn't really been vocal about her weight journey nor as she used to win to make a career out of it.  Anyway, we are now down to 2 winners remaining and after tomorrow, there will be 1 Biggest Loser remaining.

Bill Germanakos

bill-germanakos-320x240-619a8bd70136400b

Everyone has had their turn cutting Biggest Loser winners so I wanted to too before none are left. Bill was the winner of season 4 of the problematic show. I don't think I can say it better than Derek and Chris have but this show absolutely should of not been allowed and was sad to watch thinking back on it. Anyway Bill was on season four like I mentioned. At the finale his ending weight was a impressive 170 pounds. He won by losing 164 pounds and 49.10% of his body weight. I think this is a fair cut and I am glad to make this show only have one winner left!

• Like 1

Eric & Danielle

MV5BMTk0NTA5NDUzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDAzOTM3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

If Eric & Danielle don’t win, truthfully they’re not at the bottom of my list of TAR teams. But they did “win”. In a finale with Dustin & Kandice and Charla & Mirna, Eric & Danielle pulled out the win. On a season that also included Joe & Bill, Oswald & Danny, and Teri & Ian, Eric & Danielle won. I will never stop being bitter about this. This All-Stars cast is probably my favorite cast of returning players in CBS history. Maybe second to Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains. Nearly half the teams are amongst my favorite teams of all-time. And the teams I don’t stan, make sense as All-Stars. There’s only one weak link and that’s Eric & Danielle. They were only cast for the hook of having two different people from two different teams on the show (and Queen Flo & Drew from TAR 3 turned them down :broken:). Eric & Danielle dated for some time after TAR 9, but they broke up by the time All-Stars was casting, probably long before. However, either they lied to the producers about dating or the producers forced them to pretend they were dating. Either way, because Eric & Danielle banged at a pitstop one time in S9, they had to come on this iconic All-Stars and rob everyone I love. For that reason alone, I hate them.
I guess we should talk about their time on the race. I still didn’t like them at all 🙂. Their two most notable storylines are their rivalry with Joe & Bill and getting yielded twice. And in both those situations, I was very much against them and thought their behavior was out of line. Eric & Danielle hated Joe & Bill from the start and never really gave a reason why besides calling them “annoying”. Eric calling them “freaks” never sat well with me either. And apparently postshow interviews from Joe & Bill and Oswald & Danny heavily implied that Eric was homophobic so yeah...trash. Then there were the two yields, and while I sympathize with them getting yielded twice, the slutshaming of Dustin & Kandice and threatening to kill Oswald & Danny was Not It. Eric really thought he could come for Oswald & Danny, the nicest people in TAR history, and think it would come across well? Gross. And the irony of it all was Eric bitching about how “unfair” it is to target him like this. This is the same Eric who literally called and cancelled his competitors’ cabs in season nine. Literally f*ck him!
Honestly Eric & Danielle did have some kinda fun moments. I enjoyed watching them struggle in the back of the pack during all the airport drama (them literally getting kicked off of a flight they were already on is actually hilarious and I would’ve melted down far worse than Danielle did if that happened to me). I also enjoyed Danielle every moment she was flipping out on Eric. We both shared a mutual hatred of Eric during the race :wub:. Tbh I actually kinda liked Danielle the whole time. Besides hating on Joe & Bill, all the other hateful stuff mainly came from Eric. And to Eric’s credit, “Lady and gentlemen Miss California” after Dustin vomited at the sausage detour was hilarious :dead:.
But we can never forget they won and robbed the most amazing teams in TAR history. I’m gonna digress for a second, but I have a theory. Obviously all the crazy flight stuff happened with Tanzania which caused a few predictable legs when Teri & Ian and Joe & Bill were stuck at the bottom with no hope of crawling out of last place due to being days behind. On the 9th leg, Uchenna & Joyce fall a day behind due to a bad flight and subsequently get eliminated, causing two NEL episodes in a row before Oswald & Danny’s elimination on the 12th leg. If Uchenna & Joyce don’t take an unnecessary risk and take the same flight as everyone else, I’m convinced the ninth leg would have been a NEL. That would mean the 10th leg is an elimination leg and Eric & Danielle would get eliminated there. Uchenna & Joyce would be a much easier target to take down and we are more likely to get a Dustin & Kandice win that way. So I guess we could blame Uchenna & Joyce for Eric & Danielle’s win. I know that’s a lot of “what ifs” but it KILLS me how close we were multiple times to Eric & Danielle not winning.

• Sad 2

Hosea Rosenberg (Top Chef: Season 5 - New York)

tc_widgets_509_11.jpg?itok=tBZeGkIL

OBVIOUSLY his name is not pronounced "Hoe See" but that is what I say in my head every time I see his name. At some point in the past I created a list of the reality show results that made me the most angry of all time. Stuff like Haley Reinhart and Jenah Doucette. Hosea winning over Carla was on the list. Hosea was one of those Top Chef contestants for me that just seemed like fodder and wasn't super fun to watch and had an annoying storyline and seemed like he would be an early out and then he just kept making it through every week. Beating out iconic chef after iconic chef. It was madness. In a season with Carla, Fabio, Stefan, Jamie, even freaking Leah, and HOSEA gets the title????? What???????

Carla started out the season as an odd quirky contestant that also seemed like an early out... some random caterer with kooky glasses up against powerhouse chefs. But she had this amazing progression and development and was winning challenges and had this great underdog storyline and became one of my favorite reality show contestants of all time. She makes the Top 3 and has the most momentum going into the finale, and is there with Stefan, the frontrunner who won FIVE challenges, and then also... Hosea. The guy who kissed another contestant on the show even though he had a girlfriend back home. Why couldn't the judges just PRETEND that any of the other chefs were better in a given week and send Hosea home sooner. Thankfully a ton of the chefs from this season go on All Stars, but really the judges should have just gotten it right the first time

Here's Carla :wub: stan forever

Carla Hall | Top Chef

• Like 1

Charlie Bruce (So You Think You Can Dance UK 1)

charlie-bruce.jpg

Well, I think Charlie is a much worse winner than Matt Flint so let's take her out now and make sure Matt rightfully gets the highest placement for SYTYCD UK winners. Charlie is a Brunette Jazz dancer, the type that usually screams IDF It Girl, except in the rare moment when they're not the IDF favorite. Charlie was one of those rare moments. I don't remember who the IDF favorite of that season was, but I know myself and others had Mandy as a favorite while there were quite a few Lizzie fans. I don't recall anyone being a fan of Charlie's, so you can imagine the IDF reaction when she won. IDF was not here for it, because there were so many better dancers that season. Mandy, Lizzie, Robbie, Alastair, Tommy and Drew were all better than her. She was pretty mediocre and unremarkable this season. Granted, the bar for choreography this season was in the ground. But she didn't really do anything to elevate any routines. She danced with Robbie in a re-hash of Tyce Diorio's "This Woman's Work" Contemporary AKA the Breast Cancer Dance, but they were outclassed by Melissa & Ade, the original dancers of it who performed it on season 5 of the American version. Charlie was just 19 years old while Melissa was 29, so she just wasn't able to bring the same level of maturity that Melissa brought to a routine with such a heavy concept. Actually, Charlie was the youngest on her season. She was the only contestant that season who was a teenager. The US version would never. They'd be lost without their teenage Contemporary and Ballroom girls. Anyway, she also danced a Jazz to "Circus" which wasn't very good. And a Broadway to the ever-popular "All That Jazz", which paled in comparison to the iconic performance of it from US season 1. Her one good routine was the "I Surrender" Lyrical with Drew which coincidentally was the final dance of the final performance show, and definitely helped propel her to a win. I mean, it was a Mandy Moore choreographed routine to a Celine Dion song, so it was created to be a show-closing routine. She won. She was unremarkable the entire time. She got to perform her "I Surrender" Lyrical with SYTYCD alum Neil Haskell on the season 7 finale of the US version for winning the season. Since 2017, she's been dating British gymnast Louis Smith, who won 2 different RTV shows that are included in this rankdown so this is clearly a couple that's good at winning RTV competition shows. She gave birth to their daughter in 2021. I doubt anyone will be upset with this cut, as she didn't even make it past the cattle call (the first round) of the SYTYCD Worldwide rankdown.

Here's her "I Surrender" Lyrical, which I consider her best routine.

I didn't really watch SYTYCDUK but I do remember people fake stanning Charlie Bruce some years ago and having funny comments about her and such. I wish I could remember this better but yeah I know she wasn't a well received winner, which is shocking from a young brunette Jazz dancer.

But omggg I had no idea she was dating and has a child with Louis Smith! 😮 That had me shook as I never would have imagined that! :dead: But congrats to them there!

Judah Kelly

004aa910-b9ba-11ea-9d9f-63bba8cebaba

I think it's about time we lose someone from The Voice Australia, so I have chosen to eliminate Judah Kelly. Sola suggested him as a cut as he moved him onto the Final 750, so I figured this should be a fine cut to make. I did mention earlier that I haven't followed internnational versions of The Voice although I kinda wish I have but I haven't. I don't know if it's because I don't love or obsess over The Voice U.S. edition, like I did with Idol and The X Factor, where I would follow multiple international versions of those shows. Or I just don't really follow international singing shows as much now? I don't know but it's something.

Okay that's enough rambling from me, as it's time for me to discuss Judah Kelly. Judah Kelly won the 6th season of  The Voice Australia in 2017. Judah Kelly is a pop and country soul was a member of Delta Goodrem's team. Judah closed Episode 5 of the Blinda auditions with "Tennessee Whiskey," which was a four chair turn. He chose to be on Delta's team and am sure he stayed on her team the whole way through. Throughout Judah's time on the show, he sang songs such as: "When We Were Young," "The Climb," "Purple Rain," "Chains," "I'm Not the Only One," "Iris," "Hallelujah," "Climb Ev'ry Mountain," "Count On Me" (Original Song) and "I Was Here" with Delta Goodrem. Oh dangg, looking over his time on the show, I kinda love his song choices for the most part. :dead:

I found a 23 minute video of his journey on the show with all of his performances so I will link that below. He's pretty good from what I'm hearing from him thus far. I don't know if I would have rooted or stanned for him on this season as I don't know who else he was against. (LOL Well I just saw a picture of the Final 4 and some of their song choices and I'm about 95% confident I would have stanned Fasika Ayallew. So I'm curious in checking out her performances.) But he also didn't ~impress me in a way of "OMG I can't not cut him right now" either.~ But I'll post that video in case anyone is interested in checking out his performances!

7 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Elliott is that you?

:dead: 

It’s pretty universally agreed-upon that Charlie wasn’t a great winner. No one was upset when she was out in the (first) mass-elimination cycle of the Worldwide Rankdown. :haha: 

Just now, *Amanda said:

:dead: 

It’s pretty universally agreed-upon that Charlie wasn’t a great winner. No one was upset when she was out in the (first) mass-elimination cycle of the Worldwide Rankdown. :haha: 

I won't mad haha, that just seemed like a very Elliott thing to say anything Matt flint. XD 

Just now, Solaris said:

I won't mad haha, that just seemed like a very Elliott thing to say anything Matt flint. XD 

True. :dead: 

I do like Matt Flint though I’m not at the Stan level like Elliott is. Unsurprisingly, my favorite that season was Bethany Rose.

• Like 1

Also @*Wallace outside of Judah I think the voice Australia has the best all round group of winners from any voice franchise.

Karise, diana, Alfie are all amazing. Bella, Lachie and the others are all pretty great.

Edited by Solaris

20 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

True. :dead: 

I do like Matt Flint though I’m not at the Stan level like Elliott is. Unsurprisingly, my favorite that season was Bethany Rose.

Bethany Rose! :wub: 

20 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Also @*Wallace outside of Judah I think the voice Australia has the best all round group of winners from any voice franchise.

Karise, diana, Alfie are all amazing. Bella, Lachie and the others are all pretty great.

Oooh yayy that's good to know! 😮 I do know of/heard of a few of them and really liked them. :yes: Lol but you know this. :haha: 

Sweets-in-the-City-goes-vegan-after-Suga
Sarah Lynn

Sarah Lynn was the winner of The Apprentice UK series thirteen. Not only was Sarah the winner but she was the first joint winner. Lord Sugar couldn’t decide between the final two so he invested in both her sweet company and also the other. Sarah was okay.. she wasn’t a standout candidate and she didn’t have the biggest personality to carry the series. She was just fine. Sarah won the first challenge of the series as a Project Manager but then she coasted for the rest of the series until the final few weeks where she lost, ended up in the boardroom twice and then won. It wasn’t the greatest series ever and maybe that’s why she didn’t stand out. Especially next to the likes of Queen Elizabeth, Michaela, Andrew (who went on to Celebrity Big Brother) and Joanna (at a push). Sarah’s sweet business is still going and selling on the website and it seems as though Lord Sugar is still a partner. Good for her! If @Alex95 has an issue with this cut then there’s something deeply wrong. :haha:

• Solaris changed the title to Reality Champion Rankdown