Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

RYAN THOMAS

NINTCHDBPICT000674577331-e1653999837115.

Ryan James Thomas is an English former actor. He is known for playing the role of Jason Grimshaw on ITV soap opera Coronation Street from 2000 until 2016. In 2018, he played Rafael Humphreys in Australian soap opera Neighbours, and won the twenty-second and final series of Celebrity Big Brother. In March 2021, Thomas announced he was quitting acting, after having "really lost the bug for it". 

Ryan won the 22nd season and final series of Celebrity Big Brother UK. I honestly didn't find him really entertaining at all. He was just fine. A nice guy that was falsely accused by Roxanne Pallett of physical abuse, which was disappointing to watch because I had liked Roxanne up until that point. Anyway, I do think this controversy worked in Ryan's favour and got him the win although he was up against Kirstie Alley, who as controversial as she is now, I thoroughly enjoyed her on CBB, but she was American and I knew the odds of her winning were gonna be slim. Would've been a better outcome but after the UK public shafted Natalie Nunn for first boot, we knew they truly don't appreciate good entertainment. Anyway, as you can see I barely remember much about Ryan's time on the show so out the Rankdown he goes!

• Like 1

Trace Adkins

celebrity-apprentice-trace-adkins-donald

Let's make this quick becauseI still have no time at all and wasn't even able to come on yesterday. Trace is a country music star, so needless to say I am not a fan. I do not listen to his music. He was on the original Celebrity Apprentice, but lost to Piers Morgan in the finals. I did watch that season, but frankly I don't remember anything outside of Piers and Omarosa's feud. He returned for the All-Stars season which I did not watch. There's no one in the cast really sticking out to me I would've rooted for. Probably Omarosa and LaToya, maybe Lisa Rinna. He got second and first place so maybe he's good at this game...I guess. Or Trump just likes him. Trace campaigned and voted for Trump so clearly they maintained a good relationship.

9 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Kevin was a GARBAGE winner and Tiffany was ROBBED in 5th place

Also everyone is very free to cut from MasterChef and Food Network Star if they are looking for shows to go after...

No 😘 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Also everyone is very free to cut from MasterChef and Food Network Star if they are looking for shows to go after...

PM me suggestions! I am open to doing that.

Ryan only won because of the Roxanne situation. There was literally nothing more to his character, and the fans didn't really care about him till then. I can't say I minded because the cast was weak as f*ck, but that's the truth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Kevin was a GARBAGE winner and Tiffany was ROBBED in 5th place

Oooh phew, looks like I made the right call then! :haha: 

Thanks for this mention. I'm open to suggestions from any of you all. :giggle: 

Ah yeah what Ryan Thomas went through in CBBUK regarding the Roxanne Pallett situation was really sad. :( I do get and agree with those that in hindsight it did help him win as his support grew so much after that. He wasn't too entertaining, but I liked him well enough. Not upset with the cut.

I'm sure I didn't watch Trace on his original season of Celebrity Apprentice, but I'm sure I saw him on the All-Stars version. I don't think I cared too much for him on there, so another cut I'm fine with.

4 minutes ago, *Diana said:

What's the Roxanne Pallett situation? 👀 

She basically falsely accused this Ryan guy of punching her on the show - there was no evidence of it other than a small moment where he was playfully fighting with her but she blew it wayyyy out of proportion. Loads of people then came out from the outside world accusing her of making up similar lies in the past, she then quit the show, gave a horrible apology and has basically disappeared off the face of the earth as far as I know

• Like 1

A bummer that CBB ended up on that note. The first season in a long time I didn't even finish, was just overtaken by the racism and assault controversies. Hope that it will be brought back to ITV2 and live up to the hype!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

and Food Network Star if they are looking for shows to go after...

This rankdown was how I found out that Guy Fieri is a reality TV show winner?! I literally refuse to acknowledge the idea of literally anyone else winning

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

This rankdown was how I found out that Guy Fieri is a reality TV show winner?! I literally refuse to acknowledge the idea of literally anyone else winning

THAT'S WHY I ADDED THE SHOW hahahaha

Guy Fieri vs. Kelly Clarkson vs. Tamar Braxton... it's like Avengers Endgame in here

• Haha 3

I still stand by Food Network Star 7 is one of the most underrated seasons of reality tv!!! Penny Davidi's reign of terror is one for the books, as is Alicia's three episode underdog story!!!

And who could forget Wolfgang Puck teaching Jyll how to correctly cook risotto :wub: :wub:

On the Roxanne topic, truly just one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever watched on reality television, and I've seen a lot of uncomfortable moments. I've always had a little bit of sympathy for Roxanne just because I think no one would make a lie like that up on a tv show that has 24/7 cameras watching their every move. I feel like Roxanne might have some form of PTSD, or a history of abuse or something, for her to react that way to Ryan barely touching her as they were play fighting. That doesn't excuse Roxanne's behavior or decisions though. I just hope she's in a better place in her life.

But it was even more than she just lied about Ryan and that was it. She successfully created a whole alternate reality in that house. She had the social capital there and everyone was eating out of the palm of her hand. Ryan was hated for a short period of time by the other houseguests thinking he hit her. He got a formal warning and everything. It wasn't till they heard the crowd cheering for Roxanne's head on a silver platter that the tide shifted and Roxanne decided to quit. What if there was no audience? I can't imagine where the season would've ended up and it could've gotten even darker.

And who could forget that season had Rodrigo ejected for "mysterious reasons", yet that wasn't the controversial moment of the season.

Edited by Alex95

I do agree with a lot of the points Alex brought up regarding Roxanne.  I felt bad for her in the situation as well. But gah yeah it was all so messy and uncomfortable. :( I just felt bad for all parties involved. Omg there was Rodrigo ejection for mysterious reasons? I honestly don't remember who that was or what happened there. :dead: 

36 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Lmaoo yeah, I was shook seeing Guy Fieri on here as I also didn't know he was a reality TV show winner either. :dead: 🤣

6 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I do agree with a lot of the points Alex brought up regarding Roxanne.  I felt bad for her in the situation as well. But gah yeah it was all so messy and uncomfortable. :( I just felt bad for all parties involved. Omg there was Rodrigo ejection for mysterious reasons? I honestly don't remember who that was or what happened there. :dead: 

Lol yeah the Human Ken Doll. He said the n-word multiple times and received warnings, but I don't think that's why he was ejected because they likely would've shown it. I think the rumor is he did something inappropriate to Dan Osborne or something.

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Lol yeah the Human Ken Doll. He said the n-word multiple times and received warnings, but I don't think that's why he was ejected because they likely would've shown it. I think the rumor is he did something inappropriate to Dan Osborne or something.

Ooooohhhh right, OK I remember him now. Didn't remember the Dan thing, but jeez what a messy series that was. 

Olate Dogs

Olate_dogs_-_on_wheel.jpeg

I forgot they existed but I hated all animal related acts in AGT (ngl it's too close to explotation for my taste even if in some cases they take extremely good care of them) so this makes it an easy cut for me. They competed on the seventh season of America's Got Talent and won over comedian Tom Cotter and musician William Close (iirc he was my fave back then bc I found his Earth Harp thing incredibly interesting from a musical and design pov). Can't say I cared for their win or anything they did on the show. THey are still active doing their thing, which will firmly remain in the "Not For Me" category.

Catherine Guidici

rb-TFZTfmd-Jg-Yqz-FAd-MHhc-D.jpg

Sorry being married to your bachelor doesn't give you or him passes for being problematic. I am going to make what probably feels like a convsersial cut for Bachelor nation but I  just don't like how she changed her entire personality to be with her husband, it is weird and and questionable imo. She was cute on her season and he is the only bachelor to marry his original f1 but they have problematic views that get looked over time and time again and I just am not interested in letting that happen again. I am sure they will be fine, they will just go be bffs with Chris Harrison some more.

Ahhh noo I love Catherine and was hoping she would have been one of the longer lasting The Bachelor winners here. 😭 :dead: 

I did love Sean & Catherine on their season and them as a couple - and yeah she was one of my favorites that season. But I don't really follow their lives, views and all of that so I don't know much there. But on those cases, an understandable cut. I just want to be in my little bubble and like to think of them from their season and their televised wedding and be done with it. :dead: But I do love how they are like one of, if not the only The Bachelor couple that's still together.

BRANDON LEAKE

Brandon-Leake.jpg?w=1000

Brandon Leake won the fifteenth season of America's Got Talent. He was the first spoken word poet to be featured in the competition. He recited a poem about his late sister in his audition, which moved the judges enough for Howie to give him the golden buzzer. He continued to deliver poignant poems throughout the competition. He recited poems about racial injustice, his father who missed out on major moments in his life, and a prayer for his daughter. He received a standing ovation from the judges after each performance. He was the clear frontrunner of the season, despite his act being very unique to the competition. Brandon managed to claim victory over the singers, dancers, and acrobats that did make it to the finals. Brandon is talented and an expert at this craft, but spoken word poetry isn't the type of act I would see if I were to visit Las Vegas. 

Aww I like Brandon Leake and his spoken word poetry was quite powerful. Although lmao my father couldn't stand him for some reason and I don't know why. :dead:  But it's funny to think about it. :haha: 

But I do appreciate Brandon as a unique type of talent for AGT, especially as far as a winner go. But I don't really know how to rank him amongst this list so he's a fine cut, I would think. :haha: 

• Solaris changed the title to Reality Champion Rankdown