Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

2 minutes ago, *Diana said:

i don't need to reveal mine, they are obvious.

Lol I have no idea of anyones favourites. :rofl:

So don’t blame me when an immunity expires and I cut one by accident. :ph34rwave:

I love The Glee Project, but they always chose the worst winners. Ali and Aylin could have had much more compelling characters written for them but instead we got yet another football player who ends up joining Glee club. :yawn: 

Also, Blake is awful so I’m very glad he was cut.

• Like 2

S40_Ep13_SG_080b.jpg

Tony Vlachos (Winners At War) - It bothers me a lot that Tony appears twice on the list, because he is only one person. It is mainly for that reason that he is my first cut of the rankdown. Sure, he was a strategist and a cutthroat competitor, but he was kind of a jackass, and I don't think he deserved to win one game of survivor, let alone the big one which included all the winners. There are worse personalities among the survivor winners, and although Tony is not my least favorite, he is not far down the list, and I want to at least get rid of his duplicate, before my cutting of the worst of the other castaways gets underway.

Garrett Yrigoyen (The Bachelorette 14)

Garrett_(Bachelorette_14).jpg

There are so many that I wanted to cut, but I ultimately settled on Garrett. Garrett won season 14 of The Bachelorette, becoming engaged to the season's lead Becca Kufrin. Garrett was a pretty boring presence on his season. The only thing that I remember of him on the season was that he joined in on all the ridiculous antics the contestants do on night 1 when they meet the lead and showed up in a mini van. Which worked apparently because he got the first impression rose and then won the whole season. The lead ending up with their first impression rose recipient happens A LOT on The Bachelorette, but hardly any of those relationships last outside the show.

So, why am I cutting him? While the show was airing, former contestant Ashley Spivey and internet sleuths revealed that he had liked Instagram posts that mocked feminists and transgender people, joked about immigrant children, and claimed Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg was a crisis actor. All disgusting things to be liking on Instagram.  Naturally, it became a controversy and because he was a the eventual winner, they went into overdrive trying to do damage control. Garrett posted an "apology" where he claimed that those likes were mistakenly caused by "double tapping" the images while Becca defended her fiance by telling everyone to "keep an open mind". On the After the Final Rose special, they doubled down on this with Garrett repeating the same "it was a mistake caused by double tapping" spiel and Becca claiming that he's changed. Which, uh, he hasn't. At the height of the Black Lives Matter movement in the wake of George Floyd's murder, Garrett made a tone-deaf post  on Instagram in support of the police. This was a catalyst for him and Becca, who have very different political views, to break up in the summer of 2020 and he was dating someone new like 2 months later while Becca has moved on to better things and is engaged to a much better person now. Garrett just has too many terrible views and never really changed like they claimed he did on ATFR so he can go.

• Like 2

Yeah Garrett is a good first cut from the Bachelor/ette franchise. He was boring/not too memorable on the show and the stuff outside of the show.... Amanda explained it all really well. Even though some things I missed/didn't know about.

He and Becca did last awhile, all things considered with their different views and all. But yeah def for the best that relationship ended.

4 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Garrett Yrigoyen (The Bachelorette 14)

Garrett_(Bachelorette_14).jpg

There are so many that I wanted to cut, but I ultimately settled on Garrett. Garrett won season 14 of The Bachelorette, becoming engaged to the season's lead Becca Kufrin. Garrett was a pretty boring presence on his season. The only thing that I remember of him on the season was that he joined in on all the ridiculous antics the contestants do on night 1 when they meet the lead and showed up in a mini van. Which worked apparently because he got the first impression rose and then won the whole season. The lead ending up with their first impression rose recipient happens A LOT on The Bachelorette, but hardly any of those relationships last outside the show.

So, why am I cutting him? While the show was airing, former contestant Ashley Spivey and internet sleuths revealed that he had liked Instagram posts that mocked feminists and transgender people, joked about immigrant children, and claimed Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg was a crisis actor. All disgusting things to be liking on Instagram.  Naturally, it became a controversy and because he was a the eventual winner, they went into overdrive trying to do damage control. Garrett posted an "apology" where he claimed that those likes were mistakenly caused by "double tapping" the images while Becca defended her fiance by telling everyone to "keep an open mind". On the After the Final Rose special, they doubled down on this with Garrett repeating the same "it was a mistake caused by double tapping" spiel and Becca claiming that he's changed. Which, uh, he hasn't. At the height of the Black Lives Matter movement in the wake of George Floyd's murder, Garrett made a tone-deaf post  on Instagram in support of the police. This was a catalyst for him and Becca, who have very different political views, to break up in the summer of 2020 and he was dating someone new like 2 months later while Becca has moved on to better things and is engaged to a much better person now. Garrett just has too many terrible views and never really changed like they claimed he did on ATFR so he can go.

bless

I present to you the winner of the Bachelor's 25th season, also known as the season of Matt James who was the first black male lead in the Bachelor history.  So who is Miss Rachael Kirkconnell ? Born and raised in Georgia, Miss Kirkconnell - for now, as we are about to be on a journey - ended up being on the Bachelor as one of their many southern & white contestants.  She formed a quick bond with Matt James and it was obvious that she was a front runner. And then, Bachelor Nation went to work and started looking into Rachael's past and they find a lot of information of this perfect southern contestant. 

People found out that she was from an ultra conservative family, she liked racist posts, she liked QANON posts, she liked MAGA posts, and she appropriated cultures among many thing. But what brough everything to the surface was her time in a sorority in 2018  - please remind yourself that everything happened in 2018 and not 1918 - where she attended a "Old South" ball that was put on by a fraternity known for their ties to the KKK. At this said ball, the fraternity members dresses in Confederate uniform while the Sorority members dresses as Southern belles - a term for debutante in the planter class in the Antebellum south - and these parties often happened on plantation.  The most interesting part is that, when all of this came out, Miss KKKirKKKconnell stated that she left the sorority shortly after this and she did not know about its racist connotation when she attended... Except these "balls" were prohibited by the National Organization of the fraternity in question in 2016, 2 years prior to 2018.  

Of course, during this time, she released some apologies and trying to explain herself on top of having Matt defend her, break-up with her, and date her again... But what is important is the white privilege that she experienced during this time - got to explain herself at multiple opportunity, and having members of the production defending her time after time, including Chris Harrison.  Yes, Chris Harrison, the host of Bachelor, defended her during a conversation with Rachel Lindsay , the only black female lead at the time, where he referred to the picture as "five years ago" - no, it was 2 years prior to the filming and 3 years prior to the filming, referred to her as a girl which could mean that she was too young to making her own decision or to have known what was right or wrong. And when Rachel Lindsay explained that it was in 2018, he gaslighted her by saying "Well, Rachel, is it a good look in 2018 or is it not a good look in 2021? Because there’s a big difference."... I guess Miss KKKirKKKconnell did one good thing and it was the removal of Chris Harrison as a host and making showing his true colour...  And the most frustrating is how quick people like Chris were to defend Miss KKKirKKKconnel while staying silent during the treatment Rachel Lindsay received by the viewers, the media, the tabloid.... It's truly speak volume of The Bachelor Nation and its relation with race. 

As mentioned, the inferior Rachael has since apologized but I have yet seem her work in action. I believe we need more than "apologies" and "do not defend my action" from her. So out of the rankdown, she goes!

• Like 3

TODD TILGHMAN

Todd-Tilghman-fb.jpg

Pastor Todd Tilghman won Season 18 of The Voice. Without a doubt, my least liked winner of The Voice. Didn't help his case that it was also the first season that aired during Covid. But, on a season that had Toneisha Harris, Joanna Serenko, Zan Fiskum, CammWess, Thunderstorm Artis, Allegra Miles, Micah Iverson, Megan Danielle, Cedrice, Mandi Thomas and Kailey Abel, we end up with TODD WINNING? A joke. I was never amazed by any of his "Live Show" performances. His pre-lives run was pretty amazing though I can't lie. He sang "We've Got Tonight" for his Blind Audition where he turned all 4 chairs and picked Blake to be his coach. He then sang "Ghost in This House" against Jon Mullins for his Battle which he won and Jon was stolen. This was a lovely performance that I replayed for a while. Then for the Knockouts, he sang "Anymore" and this was my fave performance of his easily. It was a gorgeous performance. Then for the Lives, I didn't care for any of his performances, he sang the following songs: "Glory of Love", "Love, Me", "I Can Only Imagine", "Long Way Home" and "Authority Song". Yeah I never replayed any of these performances nor do I plan to do so. I felt he was my least favourite of the Finale line-up and he only won cause of minivan stanning Blake + Todd being a Pastor. But anyway, out of the Rankdown he goes.