Top Country Singer Rankdown

QueenKalie

Trisha Yearwood

gettyimages-499709872-e8f2141b9e8652d33c

I'm sad to cut Trisha Yearwood here, but 3rd is an amazing spot for her. She first rose to prominence in the 90s with "She's in Love With The Boy" which reached #1 on the country charts and her album of the same name. She continued with a series of country hits in the early to mid-1990s, including "Walkaway Joe" (1992), "The Song Remembers When" , "XXX's and OOO's (An American Girl)", and "Believe Me Baby (I Lied)".  One of the songs I posted above, "On a Bus to St. Cloud", from her album "Thnkin' About You" is my personal favorite from her. She released "How Do I Live" in 1997, which reached #2 on the country charts and was an international hit, but I've never cared for it as much as the most popular singles of the top 2, which is why I've decided to cut her here. "I Would've Loved You Anyway", a song she released in the later 1990s also deserves a mention. With her album "Jasper County in 2005, the first single was "Georgia Rain" which I've also posted up above. She is much more talented then her husband Garth Brooks, but her time is up now. 

• Like 1

Anyway, yesterday, I prepared three write-ups : 1 for LeAnn, 1 for Lee Ann, and 1 for Martina - these were my three predictions to take it all. 

LeAnn Rimes came close but the other two being the Top 2? Amazing. 

Will post my decision at some point :giggle: 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Anyway, yesterday, I prepared three write-ups : 1 for LeAnn, 1 for Lee Ann, and 1 for Martina - these were my three predictions to take it all. 

I am torn :haha: 

This much decision is stressful. 

17 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Not very familiar with Trisha's material as I would love to be... I don't think she's anyone's top favourite and I think it really benefited her in the rankdown. 

Agreed with all of this. :yes: 

15 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Wow well done with these predictions you had here. 😮 

14 minutes ago, jarmon said:

OMG TRISHA was the one that I was considering cutting!! So I’m very happy with this Final 2!

Lol I kinda wanted to cut Trisha so I could talk about Garth in there but I still liked her more than Jo Dee so I passed there. :haha: 

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Well done to Trisha on making it all the way to 3rd! Really impressive for her! :omg: 

I'm sure Garth will be happy for her for that as I highly doubt he'll make it this far on the male singer game. :dead: 🤣

Did you see my shade on him in my post? :giggle: