🔮 𝗔𝗹𝘆𝘀𝘀𝗮 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗼 𝗙𝗮𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 😜

Bk1234

On 8/6/2022 at 7:58 AM, Bk1234 said:

“Numb Little Bug” by Em Beihold

I just added this one to the suggestion list. I feel like every time I listen to pop radio I hear a song that could suit Alyssa’s voice. 😅 I guess it just speaks to how current Alyssa’s artistry is right now.

I wanted to take the time to highlight my favorite cover from Alyssa - her breathtaking rendition of “No Time To Die”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B29N4MAQPb/utm_source=ig_web_copy_link (slide two)

This is one of, if not my favorite, Billie Eilish song and Alyssa does a fabulous job with it here. Her vibrato SOARS on this song - it helps to create the haunting/creepy scenery that is accompanied for the song’s dark instrumentals. The sweeping low notes throughout the cover also help to convey the song’s darker tone. The way Alyssa draws out the syllables of the sustained notes is spectacular as well and adds to the drama of the song. I truly feel that this cover gives us the best taste of what kind of artist Alyssa will be on the show (though I’m open to some surprises :giggle:) - that, as well as the fact that I love the song, is why this is my favorite of Alyssa’s pre-season covers.

• Like 1

I know we don’t know much from Alyssa’s blind audition, but what episode do you think her audition could air in?

I think she could be in the premiere, but that could just be my hope of seeing her audition as soon as possible seeping through. 😅😅 

Edited by Bk1234

1 hour ago, Mohammad said:

Song suggestions:

Heal (Tom Odell)

Wicked Game (Chris Isaak)

Stuck With You (Ariana Grande)

A Thousand Years ( Christina Perri)

Jar of Hearts (Christina Perri)

Stand By Me(Ben E.King)

Idontwannabeyouanymore (Billie Eilish)

Ooh, there are some great ones on this list! I think the Christina Perri songs and “idontwannabeyouanymore” would work especially well for Alyssa. She could do well with “Stuck With U” too - I think she’s a fan of Ariana so she probably already knows the song.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 9:47 AM, Bk1234 said:

I know we don’t know much from Alyssa’s blind audition, but what episode do you think her audition could air in?

I think she could be in the premiere, but that could just be my hope of seeing her audition as soon as possible seeping through. 😅😅 

I have the feeling that she is gonna be in the either the second or third episode (idk why, i just get that feeling 😅)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I have the feeling that she is gonna be in the either the second or third episode (idk why, i just get that feeling 😅)

Yeah, there’s nothing really to go off of since we don’t know much about Alyssa’s audition, but it will be fun to see if someone guesses correctly. 😁

As we approach reveal day (which is hopefully tomorrow 🤞), I wanted to take the time to highlight Alyssa’s cover of “Stained Glass” by Madison Beer…

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-29N4MAQPb/utm_source=ig_web_copy_link (slide three)

I was not actually familiar with this song before listening to Alyssa’s cover (the only Madison Beer song I know well is “Reckless” :ph34rwave:), but this cover was certainly a great way to introduce me to it! 😁 Her vibrato shines throughout the cover (this is becoming a recurring feature across all her covers) and she displays a great sense of rhythm in the beginning. My favorite part comes towards the end (starting with the lyrics “my skin is made of glass”) where she unleashes her higher register, which is just pure gold. :wub: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jamescasaki said:

I am really excited to see Alyssa on the show I hope she got 4 chair turns  it is on next month 

Yes, we are now less than a month away! :w00tbounce: I’d love to see her turn four chairs too, but it honestly doesn’t matter since she’s in the lives either way. 

2 minutes ago, jamescasaki said:

That’s so true 

It’s clear Gwen likes her since she made it all the way to the lives, so I’m not too worried about how many chairs she turned - a four chair turn would just be a nice bonus. ;) 

Blake Busch of MJS BigBlog offered some words of appraisal for Alyssa’s raw talent.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-22-contestant-list-meet-the-artists-photos-videos.htm

“Cali-based Alyssa Witrado doesn’t have many clips on the internet, but the clips she does have are special. Videos of her singing at 7 and 8 years old, indicate how long she’s been performing. She has an angelic voice with a raw grit to it that suits modern pop and indie pop music. She may shock this season as she’s very raw, but there’s something appealing about her diamond in the rough approach, and she may have more power than these covers display.” 

• Like 2