π•Šπ•₯π•–π•§π•–π•Ÿ π•„π•”π•„π• π•£π•£π•’π•Ÿ π”½π•’π•Ÿ 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕

istersay

9 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Alright, I think I'm fully sold. Add me.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Well I hope you're ready for a short season, because there's a huge chance Steven will be facing in a 4-way KO against a male country act from Team Blake. 😫😫😫😫😫😫

Β 

Sorry for sounding defeatist, I'm just tempering my expectations. There's evidence that new coaches often do well in 4-way KOs but I don't know how invested Camila stans will be to bring her rep to the live shows. Here's to hoping!

Β 

And of course there's a chance that this is all moot and we'll get a completely different KO format.

Β 

Whatever the case, good luck Steven!!!

9 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

Well I hope you're ready for a short season, because there's a huge chance Steven will be facing in a 4-way KO against a male country act from Team Blake. 😫😫😫😫😫😫

Β 

Sorry for sounding defeatist, I'm just tempering my expectations. There's evidence that new coaches often do well in 4-way KOs but I don't know how invested Camila stans will be to bring her rep to the live shows. Here's to hoping!

Β 

And of course there's a chance that this is all moot and we'll get a completely different KO format.

Β 

Whatever the case, good luck Steven!!!

I thought about it as well, but thereΒ΄s also the chance of 3 way KOs happening, so thatΒ΄s probably the best option for Steven right now.

Β 

Because yeah, Bryce would have the advantage on a 4 way KO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I thought about it as well, but thereΒ΄s also the chance of 3 way KOs happening, so thatΒ΄s probably the best option for Steven right now.

Β 

Because yeah, Bryce would have the advantage on a 4 way KO.

Β 

What are the chances a source got it wrong and The Dryes were Blake's save? I'd be more comfortable with Steven's chances against The Dryes, and given how unpredictable this season is so far, I'm not ruling it out.

Β 

August 9, come on faster!!!

10 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

What are the chances a source got it wrong and The Dryes were Blake's save? I'd be more comfortable with Steven's chances against The Dryes, and given how unpredictable this season is so far, I'm not ruling it out.

Β 

August 9, come on faster!!!

ThereΒ΄s always that possibility, but IΒ΄m mostly betting on 3 way KOs.Β 

Β 

Either way, heΒ΄s got to bring it, and I hope TPTB let him do that.

Edited by Misirlou

On 8/1/2022 at 7:31 PM, Teraginn said:

I'm very interested to see what direction Steven will take on the show. His songwriting history is very varied. He has written for the likes of Celine Dion, Michael Bolton, Tim McGraw and S22 mentor Jimmie Allen. He also fronted an alternative rock band called Satellite. He definitely dabbled in a lot of genres. Personally I hope he focuses on the Americana/folk lane, but I'm sure I'll like whatever he decides to do.

oh wow, thanks for the info

Β 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:47 AM, Misirlou said:

Alright, I think I'm fully sold. Add me.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Added :w00twave:

and just like that, Steven is now off and free from the show. :'(((((

I guess with the glut of male acoustic singers on Team Camila, it's harder for Steven to stand out.Β 

Oh well, I'm excited to see Steven on TV nonetheless! Hope he gets the most out of thie experience! And I'm sure he's itching to get back to writing and releasing songs with the publicity about to come his way!

• Like 2

Steven along with Devix were the ones I had my eyes on and loved their covers from their social mediaΒ  that occupy the folk/singer-songwriter genres and it's understandable that the competition in Team Camila esp with Jaeden and Devix present was tough but I hope he had a good time nonethelessΒ 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

WELCOME TO THE SHOW STEVEN!
Β 

Β 

I think I speak for everyone when I say: I was NOT expecting this song choice, at all!Β 

I think Steven really felt like he needed to sing something vocally bombastic since it's a singing competition.

I will say that this performance actually showed a side of Steven's voice that I didn't hone in on pre-season.... he actually does have a grit and vibrato similar to his previous collaborator, Michael Bolton. I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the audition a lot, even if it sits pretty much on the edge of his vocal range.

This explains the weird KO song choice as well. It seems that they stuck Steven in the power ballad lane during his run, and it may have contributed to his early exit. Which is a shame, since I know Steven is much better in his singer/songwriter rock/alternative lane.

Either way, I enjoyed what I heard, even if it's not what we expected. Can't wait for the next performance!

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, istersay said:

he did so good tonight!

Β 

Β 

Β 

He did!!

I feel like this is the closest he's got to showcasing who really is as an artist. Granted, we only got one performance to compare it to, but this is what I wanted to hear from Steven preseason.

• Like 1

Popping by to congratulate Steven on two solid performances on two back-to-back episodes of the show.

Β 

After his blind, I can totally see how pairing him up with Morgan made sense on paper - their tones seemed like they could work together very well, but it was going to be a big ask for Steven (or any of Team Camila tbh). Risky? Sure, but it worked: he went toe to toe with her and held his own.

• Like 1