The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates πŸ‚

Someone648

JLo had World of Dance, a summer show on NBC, until August 2020, when it was cancelled.Β  Maybe she's trying to revive that or starting something new for summer 2022.

Β 

I like JLo as a tv personality generally but I wouldn't want to see her on TV.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Are we really discussing who is "more country" between Gwen and Kelly?Β :unsure:Β 

Β 

Damn, the next months on IDF are gonna be LONGΒ 

Gwen being more country then Kelly was a joke (although she probably spends more time in the country now then Kelly does πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚). The push from some people on here for Kelly to fill the country lane is silly though, and is mostly because they don’t really want a country coach.

Β 

If the show was to move on without Blake, there are many excellent options for a country coach, several of whom have been listed here (although my personal favs are to obscure)

Regardless of who they picked, the country loyalists would probably gravitate toward the country coach, but I don’t think we’d see a situation like have now, where their contestants practically get a free ride to the semi-finals…..unless it’s Dolly Parton.Β 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Anyone see this from many years ago??

Β 

oh this is interesting. Β she actually wanted to be on the show back in 2013 https://www.mjsbigblog.com/jennifer-lopez-rejected-by-the-voice.htm

Β 

Β 

So she was interested even before..

Uff, I have heard about artists being offered to be on these type of shows and rejecting in, but not the other way around πŸ’€

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Regardless of who they picked, the country loyalists would probably gravitate toward the country coach, but I don’t think we’d see a situation like have now, where their contestants practically get a free ride to the semi-finals…..unless it’s Dolly Parton.Β 

Dolly would probably cost a fortune & not bring in any real increase in ratings …………………………………………………………..

BUT she’d be totally awesome and it would be amazing. Also what contestant would reject her? Serious competitive balance issues πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Dolly would probably cost a fortune & not bring in any real increase in ratings …………………………………………………………..

BUT she’d be totally awesome and it would be amazing. Also what contestant would reject her? Serious competitive balance issues πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Dolly turned 75 this year and is probably richer than Croesus.Β  She'd be a lot of fun but it's hard to imagine her committing to it.

58 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

the AA powerhouses and rnb males 🌚🀣

Dolly has a chokehold on this country and rightfully so. Put her against my top 3 favorite performers and she still has a real chance at me picking her.

Β 

On that note, I’m kind of surprised the show hasn’t gone through with an older coach before? Tom Jones has been a judge in the UK for almost every season and he manages to get artists of all ages and is just delightful to watch interact with the younger coaches. Would be nice to have an β€œactual” legend on the panel in one of the middle 2 seats.Β 

Also, recalled this about scheduling Dolly at Newport in July 2019, even at 73. Brandi and The Highwomen were featured and they wanted Dolly for a show.

Β 

"Enlisting Parton was a labor of love, Carlile says.

Β 

β€œIt was touch and go for a long time. It was like, β€˜I sure would like to do that, and if I can, I will. I’ll let you know closer to Christmas,’" Carlile recalled. "Then Christmas came and went. β€˜You know, I started my film schedule, and I won’t know until just before, so make sure you don’t announce me.’ So it was like that for a year of just digesting my stomach lining."

Β 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dolly-parton-brandi-carlile-newport-folk-festival

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

πŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ

I mean several of them have picked Blake, and you don't think they'd pick Dolly?

Β 

Dolly is an OG powerhouse, she's also an incredibly well respected songwriter, including in the AA Diva community. And a lot of the AA singers have southern/country roots. Audra is 100% rightΒ 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Dolly has a chokehold on this country and rightfully so. Put her against my top 3 favorite performers and she still has a real chance at me picking her.

Β 

On that note, I’m kind of surprised the show hasn’t gone through with an older coach before? Tom Jones has been a judge in the UK for almost every season and he manages to get artists of all ages and is just delightful to watch interact with the younger coaches. Would be nice to have an β€œactual” legend on the panel in one of the middle 2 seats.Β 

They don’t even pick older artists as advisors that often anymore

• Like 1