The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

18 minutes ago, Quinton said:

If Blake 's boys (Bodie, Bryce and Brayden ) make the finale Morgan Myles will pull a Maelyn Jarmon 

That seems to be the plan, to me anyway.

I think they'll still try to push for Omar to replace Brayden, like they did for Joshua last season.

3 hours ago, Teraginn said:

That seems to be the plan, to me anyway.

I think they'll still try to push for Omar to replace Brayden, like they did for Joshua last season.

3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Atm I'm predicting Omar, but wouldn't be shocked if it's Brayden.

If Brayden didn’t get the PV IN Playoffs, Would You Guys Feel Differently?

Edited by Jaffy

There are a lot of people who vote for all of Blake’s contestants, right up to the finale. At that point, most of them probably pick a favorite to win (just a guess). This makes it very difficult for anyone on another team to get a PV. Blake usually snags two of them. It’s a good thing for everyone else that they expanded the finale to 5. 

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

At the risk of underestimating his appeal, I frankly don't see Brayden making it as of now. Not sure if I'm alone here.

It wouldn’t be shocking if he made it, but we’re at the point where most viewers have expectations/minimum standard for finalists. 

45 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It wouldn’t be shocking if he made it, but we’re at the point where most viewers have expectations/minimum standard for finalists. 

I just think the kind of songs he has sang have kept him safe as of now, but now that stronger competition brews, they might not help him that much, especially when the other 7 will likely be taking on bigger challenges.

24 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I just think the kind of songs he has sang have kept him safe as of now, but now that stronger competition brews, they might not help him that much, especially when the other 7 will likely be taking on bigger challenges.

It will be like Jim and Sasha showing up to the semis with Mrs. Robinson. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Sorry to break it to you, but he wasn’t going anywhere, no matter who they paired him with. He’s Blake’s frontrunner. 

I don't know who is Blake's frontrunner now but it is possible that during the playoffs, Bryce was 3rd in votes overall, just behind Brayden and bodie. After 2 weeks more of lives, there may not have been much change in everyone's vote placement. Omar may have been always ahead of Parijita, for example.

Did Bryce pass Brayden or bodie to be in the Top 2? Maybe, or maybe not. Or maybe, they just went ahead with the most sensible and entertaining duets regardless of vote placement.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

It will be like Jim and Sasha showing up to the semis with Mrs. Robinson. 

Exactly. Great song, but too lowkey for semis. And Jim and Sasha don't have the S&G harmonies.

If Brayden opens the show with a similar song (which I know he's gonna get), I don't know.

Edited by Misirlou

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

He could very well get something like Mercy which would probably secure him a PV. I don’t think that will be the case though (I foresee a bus coming his way)

• Like 1

I agree with Mark Franklin about the Whitney Houston duets. He wrote in his 12/03 article before ranking the Top 8:

Yep, you read that right. Someone in Voice land decided the Season 22 semifinals called for Whitney Houston duets.

That actually made me chuckle. During Tuesday’s results show, Bryce Leatherwood thanked coach Blake Shelton for allowing him to be himself on the show.

I wonder if he knew he’d be [singing] a Whitney Houston song six days later.

First of all, as I’ve argued in the past, duets have no part in the semifinals. At this late stage of the competition, singers should be judged on their own talent.

Their quest for a spot in the finals should not be sidetracked by an ill-suited duet. And every season, The Voice seems to end up with one duet pairing that just doesn’t make sense.

Each of the Top 8 should be singing two solo songs. The Voice has fit 24 solo performances into a two-hour live playoff show before. Sixteen in a two-hour show should be a snap.

And it would come with a bonus: More music, less blather.

But if there have to be duets, a nice broad theme should be the order of the day. In Season 21, it was songs of the 1990s. In Season 17, the last previous time we had this format, it was songs of the 1980s. In Season 20, trios sang songs from the 1970s.

Hey, Voice producers, there are decades that haven’t been tackled yet. And there’d be no harm in repeating one.

https://idolchatteryd.com/ranking-the-top-8-on-the-voice-15

• Like 1

3 hours ago, season1 said:

I don't know who is Blake's frontrunner now but it is possible that during the playoffs, Bryce was 3rd in votes overall, just behind Brayden and bodie. After 2 weeks more of lives, there may not have been much change in everyone's vote placement. Omar may have been always ahead of Parijita, for example.

Did Bryce pass Brayden or bodie to be in the Top 2? Maybe, or maybe not. Or maybe, they just went ahead with the most sensible and entertaining duets regardless of vote placement.

Thoughts?

—-

f2Wigrc.png

Gb7hBrR.png

DDTDdrT.png
UW9h5LB.png

wkgIz8Z.png
chqEx7i.png