The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates πŸ‚

Someone648

25 minutes ago, Tmp 12 said:

I'm sorry but this season's Blind Auditions are so weak even my grandma's knees are stronger than themΒ 

Β 

Β 

Let's just hope we get a good Battle or KO

TBH I actually think we have had so much strong auditions so far…

Omar, Morgan, Jay, Bryce, Reina, Kate, Kevin… and I also loved Andrew too. This season has had great auditions so far tbh Β 

30 minutes ago, Tmp 12 said:

I'm sorry but this season's Blind Auditions are so weak even my grandma's knees are stronger than themΒ 

Β 

Β 

I kinda disagree. ItΒ΄s more in the B / B- realm for me so far.

Β 

I do think last seasonΒ΄s premiere week was much stronger, and no one has gone above a 9 for me this season so far, but I do like quite a few people.Β 

Β 

I think people are judging way too quickly when we literally have seen 2 episodes out of the 7. LetΒ΄s see how the rest of the blinds go.

Β 

4 hours ago, seak05 said:

Stay in college πŸ˜‚ and most of GNT went to college too, there’s a big difference between college and med schoolΒ 

(seriously though, being educated and knowing how to think critically as well as about a wide variety of topics is valuable in and of itself, outside of a job. And statistically you’ll earn a lot more money, plus going to college and dropping out is the worst of both worlds financially. Nothing wrong with going to a trade school though to further your education either). Β 

I should probably clarify that I am DEFINITELY staying in college. College is the right route for ME. In fact, I am loving college so far.

Β 

What I guess I was saying is there is more than one route to success. My oldest brother went to a public ivy, and so am I (a different public ivy though), and my oldest brother has fine success. My other β€œmiddle” brother did not go to college but has also found success in a different path.

• Like 4

Ava Lynn has implied she's up Monday, which would give Camila 7 - so I assume that's all we're getting from her team on Monday.

Β 

Monday:

C- Andrew Igbokidi

C- Ava Lynn (implied via IG)

G: Cara Brindisi

B: The Dryes

B: Madison Hughes

J: Morgan Taylor

plus whoever else hasn't spoken up.

• Thanks 3

On the google trends, Jay also sang an original, which probably increased search results.
Β 

I’m not real worried about blake or Bryce getting β€œhate” as long as Bryce was good. I can see questions about why Bryce and Jay had to face each other. At the end of the day though Bryce is also country and Jay isn’t a teenagerΒ 

7 hours ago, Arsh said:

Minivans are now grumbling about Camila. The comments on the most recent post are highly critical.

I've been waiting for that cause a latina female who talks a lot (like Kelly) and is challenging Blake was never going to win them over.

Β 

I am enjoying her tbh, I think she's doing great pitches so far.

8 hours ago, Tmp 12 said:

Β 

Β 

I think they are grouping the auditions a bit oddly but I've enjoyed several people so far.Β 

Β 

We've only had two episodes too

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Ava Lynn has implied she's up Monday, which would give Camila 7 - so I assume that's all we're getting from her team on Monday.

Β 

Monday:

C- Andrew Igbokidi

Wonder who's gonna close. Or probably the closer is not among this group.

With the order of auditions being shown, and with the early youtube-FB returns, it's clear that Morgan and Bryce are in the final, and that Brayden could possibly be a tough out (well, at least "tough" for minivan to swallow). That's one old school country and two country-adjacents (Morgan touting herself as pop-soul-country and Brayden being transmogrified into some country-adjacent boybandy folk pop?).Β 

Β 

We haven't seem Kim (and Parajita?) yet, but it seems like everyone else is outside the limelight of these country/"country?" folks. Spoilers seem to have really touted Omar and Bodie; Omar's numbers are just kind of lukewarm so far, and there's an argument whether Broadway-laced poppified '80s rock would really go better against a Voice audience rather than in the Sing-Off where it's better spotlighted. With Bodie, good luck trying to get past Bryce and Brayden. It would be interesting to see how Blake handles Bodie, but he's the archetype where even if he's "good", he's probably not a fit for this voting audience. So Omar, Kevin Hawkins, Devix, Alyssa, what-have-you, are just minor characters playing the pop, R&B, indie musical diversity fillers on this show.

Β 

The Voice probably has been angling for a country winner - haven't had one since late 2019 with Jake Hoot, so that's going to be a 3-year gap. In particular, a country female seems to be lacking in the final recently - since that Jake Hoot season, only Wendy Moten's been the only country female in the finals, and you've had your Jim Rangers, Ian Flanigans, Kenzie Wheelers, and Jordan Matthew Youngs along the way. One wonders if Blake "eliminating" Bryce against the Dryes was kind of the producers' prophylactic move to suppress some of his inevitable fanbase support, and help Morgan out.

Β 

The Voice probably doesn't care about this as much as much as their own historical timeline, and as mentioned they think they're due for a country winner. But this year alone TV singing competitions have introduced Noah Thompson, Drake Milligan and now? Bryce Leatherwood. Noah won just four months ago. There might be a constant appetite voting for country dudes, but obviously country music proper (outside the show) has only a limited number of "investment" spots. This year feels like a singing competition-country male churn.Β Bryce and Noah both strike as naturally appealing to voting audiences, but lack the industry know-how and will likely need their hand held off show to risk getting cast aside for the shiny country object in the next singing competition. Β On the flip, Milligan has label backing, a good infrastructure, and has a style that's aggressively radio-catering pop country (that's also why he came in 3rd). Limited spots-of the three, Milligan seems the most rooted for success. As an aside-off show, if he even gets the chance, Leatherwood could be crafted as a "Cowboys and Angels"-era Dustin Lynch, as they have a similar getup. This is likely all moot anyway-Β  the Voice obviously doesn't break artists (or care about breaking artists, despite the investment factor touted by the coaches).

Β 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Monday:

C- Andrew Igbokidi

Β 

TBA: Kayla Von der Heide

Kayla's up this week! :w00t:

She specified the week, not the day - but she's definitely one of the contestants I've been most looking forward to hearing πŸ™‚

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci5MS3Fgk86/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jork said:

Β 

The Voice probably doesn't care about this as much as much as their own historical timeline, and as mentioned they think they're due for a country winner. But this year alone TV singing competitions have introduced Noah Thompson, Drake Milligan and now? Bryce Leatherwood. Noah won just four months ago. There might be a constant appetite voting for country dudes, but obviously country music proper (outside the show) has only a limited number of "investment" spots. This year feels like a singing competition-country male churn.Β Bryce and Noah both strike as naturally appealing to voting audiences, but lack the industry know-how and will likely need their hand held off show to risk getting cast aside for the shiny country object in the next singing competition. Β On the flip, Milligan has label backing, a good infrastructure, and has a style that's aggressively radio-catering pop country (that's also why he came in 3rd). Limited spots-of the three, Milligan seems the most rooted for success. As an aside-off show, if he even gets the chance, Leatherwood could be crafted as a "Cowboys and Angels"-era Dustin Lynch, as they have a similar getup. This is likely all moot anyway-Β  the Voice obviously doesn't break artists (or care about breaking artists, despite the investment factor touted by the coaches).

Β 

The last two Idol winners have been country males. Before Noah Thompson was Chayce Beckham. Chayce is a bit more Americana leaning, but he is being pushed to country radio (not too successfully so far). He and Noah are at the same label, as is Drake Milligan.Β 
Β 

Drake was already signed when he appeared on AGT. Since Simon Cowell no longer is a record label executive, it seems that the word went out that AGT was open open to showcasing signed, but not yet well-known, artists.

25 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Out of everyone missing, who do y'all want to see the most? I'm looking forward to Bodie, Kique, Kayla, Jaeden, Steven, The Dryes and Daysia.Β 

Β 

Open to surprises too.

Parijita, Kim, Rowan, Jaeden, Cara and GraceΒ 

Edited by Gustavo527

I was checking The Voice's TikTok account, and Ian's audition clip went viral (Most comments are on Spanish, btw)Β 

Β 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFRmEfyT/Β 

Β 

P.D. i can't embed the link πŸ₯². I'm very frustrated right now.Β 

Β 

Edit: Yep, i can't embed TikTok videos anymore. This is very, very annoying, to say the leastΒ 

Β 

Edited by Gustavo527

4 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I was checking The Voice's TikTok account, and Ian's audition clip went viral (Most comments are on Spanish, btw)Β 

Β 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFRmEfyT/Β 

Β 

P.D. i can't embed the link πŸ₯². I'm very frustrated right now.

Β Β 

The song was on 13 Reasons Why, and it grew on popularity then I assume.

Β 

ItΒ΄s a good song though, IΒ΄m glad we had it on the show.

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The song was on 13 Reasons Why, and it grew on popularity then I assume.

Β 

ItΒ΄s a good song though, IΒ΄m glad we had it on the show.

Based on the comments, yes, probably.Β 

Β 

Devix also got a lot of viems. I havent listened to much to his audition because, you know, geolocked, but that clip on TikTok sounded good. Maybe i was to quick to judge him.

Edited by Gustavo527