The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

To summarize, Blake is country radio in this scenario, and in her own words, she was “triggered.” The fact she she has the guts to come out and say it is awesome. 

I feel bad for her trying to make it in the country lane knowing how support for women is not good. 

Who are the 2 women that do get airplay in country? 😕

• Like 1

1 minute ago, istersay said:

I feel bad for her trying to make it in the country lane knowing how support for women is not good. 

On more contemporary country stations, I’m going to guess that Carrie Underwood's probably one of them, and I’m assuming the other is a rotating cast of the C-list names that have recording contracts.

(of course, this is based just off the two country stations in my area, but the lack of female representation on country radio has been a problem for decades)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, istersay said:

She’s probably talking about Maren and Kelsea. There are a couple more, but it’s not consistent. They’ll have one or two hits, and fall off the face of the Earth.

• Like 1

I don't really pay attention to country radio since the music I listen to, including country, is provided by another platform, but I assume guys like Luke Combs, Bryan, Aldean, Thomas Rhett, and Blake himself  get a lot of radio play. 

I know country radio has given the finger to a lot of women throughout, how much radio play do Carrie, Miranda and Maren get? I'm curious.

Now I just want to know why Jay chose Gwen. Maybe its because he thought he would stand out on her team? Gwen and Blake going head to head for a country artist with Gwen winning out is unprecedented. Unless someone can remind me.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I don't really pay attention to country radio since the music I listen to, including country, is provided by another platform, but I assume guys like Luke Combs, Bryan, Aldean, Thomas Rhett, and Blake himself  get a lot of radio play. 

I know country radio has given the finger to a lot of women throughout, how much radio play do Carrie, Miranda and Maren get? I'm curious.

Miranda hasn’t gotten much radio play for a long time, which is why I don’t think she’s one of the “two” she was referring to. It’s probably more like two at any given time. They’ll have a hit or two, and then you don’t hear much from them anymore. 

The ratio of male to female airplay is something like 20/1. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

She’s probably talking about Maren and Kelsea. There are a couple more, but it’s not consistent. They’ll have one or two hits, and fall off the face of the Earth.

thanks, Maren came to my mind first

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

On more contemporary country stations, I’m going to guess that Carrie Underwood's probably one of them, and I’m assuming the other is a rotating cast of the C-list names that have recording contracts.

(of course, this is based just off the two country stations in my area, but the lack of female representation on country radio has been a problem for decades)

that's a shame

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Now I just want to know why Jay chose Gwen. Maybe its because he thought he would stand out on her team? Gwen and Blake going head to head for a country artist with Gwen winning out is unprecedented. Unless someone can remind me.

Apparently his fiancée is a big Gwen fan, so I’d imagine that’d have some impact on top of whatever went down off screen that we didn’t see.

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

He mentioned Daughtry as an influence, so he probably wants to dip his toes on alt rock as well.

Either way, he did end up choosing him over her in battles, since she tried to save him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Blake hasn’t had a number 1 for years. Now it is Luke Comb’s & Morgan Wallen’s time.

2 minutes ago, ammonium said:

Blake hasn’t had a number 1 for years. Now it is Luke Comb’s & Morgan Wallen’s time.

Blake's 2020 song "Happy Anywhere" with Gwen went #1 on Country Airplay charts, and his 2019 song "God's Country" went #1 on US Country charts and airplay country charts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MulherPepita said:

I was checking the song choices for the battles. I noticed that Team Camila's song choices are a little bit "Shakira'ed, like overdone and kinda predictable. I hope she's saving the best for the live shows. 

that's scaring me 👀, hoping the arrangements for the battles are something new then 🤞 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, musiclover46789 said:

Morgan literally doesn't deserve to be on the charts imo. His career should've been over with because of the whole racial slur incident smh.

You’d have to apply that to a lot of other artists too. Not just country ones. And I don’t even like Wallen. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ammonium said:

I guess that’s technically true, since it’s been since 2020 which IS more than one year ago. 

But your post implies that Blake is washed up in country radio and he’s definitely not.

He’s obviously not a “young gun” anymore, but he’s far from irrelevant.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I guess that’s technically true, since it’s been since 2020 which IS more than one year ago. 

But your post implies that Blake is washed up in country radio and he’s definitely not.

He’s obviously not a “young gun” anymore, but he’s far from irrelevant.

not intended it like that. Just the next generation is here now.

Btw how many chair turns we got so far? 16? How many montages are expected?

Radio isn’t the end all and he all in country radio anymore. Several of the hottest male acts in country aren’t on radio at all. I get that if you have been trying to make it in one genre for a while maybe you don’t want to keep beating your head against the wall. However, even the “cross-genre” artists have a home genre they tended to make it in first. I don’t think declaring yourself cross genre will help your career 🤷‍♀️

Also as sexist as country radio is, it’s not as bad as it was. There are currently two women in the top 10 and several more in the top 30

Edited by seak05