DWTS Season 31 Discussion

*Amanda

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

I'm not as nervous about such a large cast with the show going to Disney+ and having no commercials. Hopefully they will be able to work around it a little better (although I will miss Tyra always forgetting she needs to go to break and randomly shouting it before a couple is about to get their scores)

Oh how I hope that still happens. :wub: :haha: 

But yeah it should be better and easily more managed and relaxed.

Bruno and Carrie Ann on GMA

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/GMA3/video/judges-chat-season-dancing-stars-89528390

3:20 Dr. Jennifer Ashton reveals that the rumors about her joining the cast "all stemmed from the fact that the great Alan Bersten has been giving me some lessons because he's helping me get ready for my wedding."

4:18 One theme will be Michael Buble Night. He'll be performing and appearing as a guest judge while the stars dance to his songs on Oct. 24.

8 hours ago, RTV said:

Bruno and Carrie Ann on GMA

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/GMA3/video/judges-chat-season-dancing-stars-89528390

3:20 Dr. Jennifer Ashton reveals that the rumors about her joining the cast "all stemmed from the fact that the great Alan Bersten has been giving me some lessons because he's helping me get ready for my wedding."

4:18 One theme will be Michael Buble Night. He'll be performing and appearing as a guest judge while the stars dance to his songs on Oct. 24.

Oooh wow, I love how Jennifer Ashton talked about this. Thanks for posting and this is all so interesting. 😮 It's interesting how we didn't get Jennifer but still got an ABC news personality/broadcaster in the cast. :haha: 

4 hours ago, *Lily said:

We went from Janet and Britney Night to Buble Night? :/ 

Jk aside I guess Michael Buble has a lot of songs which will work great for some traditional ballroom/Latin routines so I'll remain hopeful

Omgg yeah we were truly spoiled with last year's themes. 😢 :dead: 

Ahh yeah, same to all of this. Not too excited for his theme but he has a lot of workable songs. Hopefully "Haven't Met You Yet" and "It Had Better Be Tonight (Meglio Stasera)" gets used. Although I'll be shocked if the first one isn't. :haha: 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, *Diana said:

hu9gmj4arqm91.webp

who am i fighting for saying this to her? 🙂

Ooof someone said that to her? That's messed up. >.<

Although hasn't Christy Carlson Romano been rumored to do the show? Or was she someone on people's wishlists? She would be a good casting choice for the show.

I wanted to bring attention to this fun video as I just closely just watched it.

Some fun facts from this video that I wanted to share:

Your Dream Song to Dance to on Disney Night:
- Shangela seems up for anything for Disney night. But specifically mentioned playing Ariel and dancing to "Part of Your World."
- Gabby mentioned wanting to do something Guardians of the Galaxy related.
- Cheryl would like to dance to "When You Wish Upon a Star" as she sang that everyday as a child.
- Jordin wants to dance to something from Coco or Encanto, as her son really loves those movies.

Dances the contestants most want to learn:
- Daniel: Jive
- Jessie: Tango
- Joseph: Salsa
- Gabby: Cha-Cha
- Wayne: Waltz

Their contestants favorite former DWTS competitiors:
- Heidi: Sadie Robertson
- Charli: JoJo Siwa (seems to mention her as she knows her)
- Jordin: Lil' Kim
- Vinny: Iman Shumpert
- Selma: Jennifer Grey, Amanda Kloots and Simone Biles
- Jason: Nyle DiMarco

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, *Lily said:

Deep cut pick from Jordin. Lil’ Kim deserves more love! :wub:

Ah yess, I love how she went for a lesser-known choice to say, as people usually say the winners or people from the last few seasons. But her choosing Lil' Kim does prove she's a fan of the show. :wub: And yesss, Lil' Kim does deserve more love! ❤️