DWTS Season 31 Discussion

*Amanda

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I'm not saying having 16 celebs is a sign of a terrible season, but the last time we had 16 celebs, Mya got robbed ijs

It doesn't help that Season 9 is my least fave season too but at least this season I know a good majority of the celebs :dead:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, *Lily said:

KB updated her blog just now revealing that D’Angelo Castro will be joining the troupe in Sasha’s spot

Love this new development! D'Angelo is the older brother of Ruby Castro (SYTYCD S13) and he was on World of Dance seasons 1 and 2 I think. They have a crazy dance dad lol. But he's super talented

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The DWTS Pros' Most Memorable Dances special is also on Disney+ today too btw! If you don't feel like watching here's the list:

20. Emmitt & Cheryl Freestyle

19. Kim & Mark Samba (yes Kim Kardashian of course had to be mentioned in this special)

18. NFL Supergroup (Kurt Warner, Jacoby Jones, Michael Irvin, Donald Driver, Hines Ward, Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith) Paso Doble (from some ten year special I don't even remember lmao)

17. Zendaya & Val Cha Cha (lol they made Derek introduce it, he knows who the true winner of S16 is :wub:)

16. Shawn & Mark Lindy Hop

15. Joey & Kym Jive

14. Amy & Derek Quickstep

13. Nev & Jenna Paso Doble

12. Season 28 Disney Night Opening Number (I like how they're still trying to convince us the pros chose these dances when they're all clearly producers' choices :wub:)

11. Nyle & Peta Freestyle

10. Kellie & Derek Freestyle (now I'm looking like boo boo the fool with my earlier shade 🙈)

9. Jordan & Lindsay Paso Doble

8. Meryl & Maks Tango

7. JoJo & Jenna Freestyle

6. Kaitlyn & Artem Argentine Tango

5. Derek & Hayley (Spelled Hailey on the special lol) S29 Paso Doble

4. Hélio & Julianne Quickstep

3. Alfonso & Witney Jazz

2. Iman & Daniella Contemporary

1. Drew & Cheryl Freestyle

Edited by Alex95
  • Thanks 1

I'll catch up and comment on the cast in a bit but um..... Mark is back??? :shock: I am shocked but excited! Surprised this was kept a secret for so long and I'm curious as to why he wanted to come back. 😮 I love and am here for it though but my mind was blown seeing him show up in the cast. :dead: 

I wonder if Charli requested him or the show swayed him to come back with Charli? Ahh this has me all so intrigued. :haha: 

I'm just shocked this was kept under wraps so well, while Louis' comeback was leaked. 😮 I wanna know all the details on this lmao. :dead: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, *Lily said:

I’m glad Gabby got Val! Was starting to think it would be Alan which just seemed too soon after Hannah to give him another Bachelor Nation partner

Ahh yeah I do like how they are matching up The Bachelorettes with giving different male pros. :yes: It's fair that way.

8 hours ago, .Rei said:

Shangela is now getting ready to win both the DWTS and Drag Race rankdowns next year 😗

It's about time! 😢 

2 hours ago, Alex95 said:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/6175181/dwts-full-cast-revealed-gma-bachelorette-season-31/

Full cast:

Shangela

Jordin Sparks

Sam Champion

Vinny Guadagnino

Wayne Brady

Charli D'Amelio

Heidi D'Amelio

Joseph Baena

Jessie James Decker

Trevor Donovan

Daniel Durant

Teresa Giudice

Cheryl Ladd

Jason Lewis

Gabby Windey

Selma Blair

Omgg 16 celebs! :omg: 

This is such a large cast but I am here and excited for most of these names! :dead: 

Literally sobbing over Selma on GMA right now I'm so proud of her for doing this 😭

Ahh yeah I was so shocked seeing Selma Blair in the cast! :omg: I never imagined her doing the show but hoping she does well and have fun! ❤️ 

https://tvline.com/lists/dancing-with-the-stars-season-31-cast-full-list-dwts/

Partnerships:

Joseph Baena & Daniella Karagach

Selma Blair & Sasha Farber

Wayne Brady & Witney Carson

Sam Champion & Cheryl Burke

Charli D'Amelio & Mark Ballas

Heidi D'Amelio & Artem Chigvintsev

Jessie James Decker & Alan Bersten

Trevor Donovan & Emma Slater

Daniel Durant & Britt Stewart

Teresa Giudice & Pasha Pashkov

Vinny Guadagnino & Koko Iwasaki

Cheryl Ladd & Louis van Amstel

Jason Lewis & Peta Murgatroyd

Shangela & Gleb Savchenko

Jordin Sparks & Brandon Armstrong

Gabby Windey & Val Chmerkovskiy

Thanks for these partnerships! Phew, this is a lot to take in and digest. :haha: 

2 hours ago, jarmon said:

Yeah, I like a lot of people in this cast. Love the women line-up especially. :wub:

Yeah I am liking a lot of this cast too. 

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

I'm not saying having 16 celebs is a sign of a terrible season, but the last time we had 16 celebs, Mya got robbed ijs

Ugh don't remind us. 😢 

2 hours ago, jarmon said:

Oh, dear. I might have to take back the stan card. Yeah, it's gonna be hard to support her now - especially since she's friends with the Aldeans, bye.

Ugh yeah I didn't know all of her personal drama, so that does make things very hard. 🙈 I do/will judge her as a contestant and what I see on the show as always. :haha: 

Unenthusiastic Gleb stans make some noise!!!!!! Another season I don't have to stan him alone :wub: :wub:

QuestionableFocusedEarwig-size_restricte

LMAOO I'm cracking up. :dead: I know you are loving this! :haha: 

2 hours ago, MulherPepita said:

Ooop, I love Jessie's songs but I didn't know she was a Trumpie...

Ugh same. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Love this new development! D'Angelo is the older brother of Ruby Castro (SYTYCD S13) and he was on World of Dance seasons 1 and 2 I think. They have a crazy dance dad lol. But he's super talented

Ooh thank you for this info on D'Angelo. Wow.... and Ruby's older brother? I wonder how old they are now. :haha: But yeah I didn't recognize him by name (though I did with Ruby's) but yeah I'm sure/know I saw his dances on WOD.

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Good job to ABC for keeping a lot of these names and Mark Ballas a secret for so long

Yeah I am really surprised and impressed how ABC managed to keep these secrets for so long! :omg: It really made the cast announcement so fun to watch!

15 minutes ago, *Diana said:

5. Derek & Hayley (Spelled Hailey on the special lol) S29 Paso Doble

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Also not the show misspelling Hayley's name. :dead: That's so wrong.