5th Annual DWTS Rankdown: Speed Run Edition

Alex95

Lea Thompson

08965244aa4021ddaacc6c7b64cdcd4f--artem-

I feel like at this point y'all know my taste pretty well. Lea is everything I love in a DWTS contestant. Lea is a fun underdog with a big personality who was a shockingly good dancer and lasted longer than anyone expected her to. Lea was on S19 of DWTS, best known for her role in the Back to the Future film series. I love Back to the Future so I was very excited to see her on the show. She was partnered with Artem on his very first season. She was also one of the older celebrities of the seasons. All those factors together absolutely made her an underdog going into the show and I immediately got invested. She wasn't one of the "older" contestants who would get dragged across the floor though. Lea could move! She was far from a perfect dancer, but I mean she's not a professional dancer like half the "stars" cast on this show lol. Not to be a casual with my anti-ringer sentiment, but there is something refreshing about someone with little dance experience learning how to dance on the show. She did some ballet when she was younger, but I would hardly call that dance experience compared to SYTYCD Vegas Round contestant Heather Morris or star of Dirty Dancing Jennifer Grey.

Lea came out of the gate with a strong Foxtrot. I figured she'd be good at the Ballroom dances and maybe struggle with the Latin. However, the following week she produced a really strong Jive and got the highest score of the night, proving she could be a contender. While Lea was never quite at the top of the leaderboard again, she was always consistent, never at the bottom. Her near perfect Contemporary is probably her most famous dance, but I'm partial to her sexy trio Paso Doble with a topless Artem & Henry. Was I jealous of Lea in that moment? Duh. And of course Lea embraced it :wub:. She was shamelessly a cougar throughout the entire season and I loved it :wub: :wub:. Unfortunately we lost Lea in sixth place because America needed to see more of Sadie and Bethany bore us on the dance floor. I suppose Tommy robbed her too, but I didn't really care there lol, I was just mad at Sadie and Bethany.

Once we got down to the iconic final four here, Lea was actually my last guess to win, so I suppose it's fitting she pulled it off! Like I said, I'm so glad she did. She's a got a good personality, she's a good dancer, she's rootable, she's not an obvious winner at all, and she's someone who does not get their due enough. She's one of my favorite contestants and the perfect winner to represent this chaotic game.

• Like 4

Once again, congratulations to Lea Thompson on pulling off the win! And thanks to everyone who participated in this game @Zoey @*Wallace @FrogLenzen @Elliott @taylorkat @Steven_ @*Chris @*Amanda @*Lily @Solaris @*Diana @jarmon @totes4totes I apologize if I'm forgetting anyone that just means you haven't made a cut in the last 10 pages. It was certainly unexpected and chaotic, but I think it was a fun new format I'm glad we tried out and maybe we can do it again.

• Like 6

Now time to fess up to my only deal of the game :giggle:. I begged Lily to cut Erin Andrews so Niecy could win S10. When she told me she had prior commitments I realized that mean Sailor winning S28. So I told Steven I wouldn’t cut Kellie if he cut Sailor before Lily cut Kel and it worked ❤️ 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Now time to fess up to my only deal of the game :giggle:. I begged Lily to cut Erin Andrews so Niecy could win S10. When she told me she had prior commitments I realized that mean Sailor winning S28. So I told Steven I wouldn’t cut Kellie if he cut Sailor before Lily cut Kel and it worked ❤️ 

Meanwhile, Megan was asking the voting bloc how she could get Niecy to win hahaha. I should have just told her to talk to you!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I realized that mean Sailor winning S28. So I told Steven I wouldn’t cut Kellie if he cut Sailor before Lily cut Kel and it worked ❤️ 

@*Lily just remember this and know that I would never!

52 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I told Steven I wouldn’t cut Kellie if he cut Sailor before Lily cut Kel and it worked ❤️ 

K7p0.gif

Let me also confirm there was zero communication between Sola and I to get Kellie the Season 16 win. That was just really lucky timing. :haha: 

• Haha 1

Thanks to @Alex95 for running, I really liked this format.  I could see myself using it and giving it a couple of small changes.  Like a vote at the final 3 for the winner for anyone who cut in the last 100. 

Edited by Solaris

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Was hoping for a lance win. Wally ruins everything!

🙂 

If Tia couldn't win..... then Lance couldn't either. 😘 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

#TeamWally

❤️ 

Lea was definitely a random winner but she had some great dances/moments on the show, so well done and congrats to her! ^_^ I guess this proves she's the least polarizing of the bunch? I was pulling for Romeo to win (especially as that would have gave Master P a win in there somewhere lol) but of course that wasn't going to happen as the people I predict or want to win always got cut. :dead: 

This was such a chaotic, messy and truly unpredictable game here. :dead: Thanks Alex for bringing this format here. :haha: 

Ooooh also really great write-up on Lea there, Alex! :yes: Alex is definitely the right person to do the Lea write-up as I do remember him being quite a big fan/supporter of Lea's - and that write-up shows.

I think none of us predicting Lea to win was really fun to see her win here. :haha: And now she's gonna be targeted super early in future games so good on her for getting that win now. :haha: 

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

LMAO I'm cracking up at all of this. :dead:

Not one of my fellow #TeamMya members betraying another #TeamMya member and then leaving me out of the dark with all of this. :dead: 

58 minutes ago, *Diana said:

People had deals? :dead:

That's what I was wondering too. :dead: 

57 minutes ago, *Diana said:

I was a equal opportunist with my pettiness :wub:

Lmaooo same to all of this.

I just wish I kinda played the petty card a little earlier instead of waiting til Top 100 but my conscience didn't want to upset people early on. :dead: 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Hi hello prayer circle for Keke Palmer to join DWTS.  Whose with me?, :wub:

Hasn't she been mentioned as a wishlist year celeb on and off for some years now? :haha: I remember Lily mentioning her a few times, I think? But I would totally be here for her doing the show!

1 hour ago, *Diana said:

Hi hello prayer circle for Keke Palmer to join DWTS.  Whose with me?, :wub:

Keke Palmer is way too famous now. Maybe like 10 years ago. ETA: maybe actually like 5 years ago. I forget that Keke wasn't a household name to everybody after Akeelah and the Bee.

But still. The career trajectory isn't "starring in a Jordan Peele movie --> DWTS appearance"

Edited by totes4totes
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Solaris said:

Thanks to @Alex95 for running, I really liked this format.  I could see myself using it and giving it a couple of small changes.  Like a vote at the final 3 for the winner for anyone who cut in the last 100. 

I agree! It’s not really a big deal or anything, but I think essentially having one person be able to decide the winner is a lot of power. :haha:

Though if we had a vote at the F3 in here, Lance would’ve won and dnw.