38 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Season

• A - Iconic, amazing
    • B - Great, stellar
    • C - Good, solid
    • D - Meh, average
    • E - Bad, unenjoyable
    • F - Horrible, terrible

I gave it a C. The ending was disappointing and the season was a bit predictable, but there were truly so many amazing artists that I am glad to have discovered this and I will happily be following the future of their careers. The Top 24 cast was the most well rounded, from top to bottom, of all the ABC era casts imo. If Leah/Hunter won I would've given it an A, but I'm salty at the moment lmaooo 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Dying at someone giving it an A Iconic - Amazing. 

lmao, me when I lie.

I would give it a D. I really wasn't impressed with the top 5 outside of Leah and occasionally Nicolina (and even she was kind of overrated). A lot of earlier contestants, like Jay for example, got the "inconsistency" label put on them (I mean he could breath wrong and people would me like "this is what got a platinum ticket lol") when a lot of other people, the top 2, got to be mediocre to the bitter end and no one batted an eye. I listen to Huntergirl and I'm confused how she is considered top 2. She can't sing a high note to save her life tbh

Edited by joe14
  • Like 1

I had a lot of fun rooting for Leah (and Nicolina to a lesser extent) but overall I don’t think this was a very good season :unsure: I get Noah and Hunter’s appeal and they are the most marketable of the whole cast but I thought their runs were very mediocre without any “moments” (this also applies to Fritz :ph34rwave:)

3 hours ago, joe14 said:

A lot of earlier contestants, like Jay for example, got the "inconsistency" label put on them (I mean he could breath wrong and people would me like "this is what got a platinum ticket lol") when a lot of other people, the top 2, got to be mediocre to the bitter end and no one batted an eye.

:yes: 

Something that I found very annoying is how people like Jay or Nicolina were  constantly shat on for “lacking artistry” while Noah and Hunter were praised when they mostly stayed in their lane without doing anything unique or interesting.

• Like 1

I'd give it a D honestly. Almost everyone in the top 10 was very underwhelming. Leah was the only one I loved. Some had potential but their performances were always kinda messy (Emyrson, Jay). Some had 1 or 2 good performances but were mediocre elsewhere (Hunter, Lady K, Noah). Mike only singing country songs was a huge waste of his voice, and I never got into Christian until the moment he got eliminated.

Nicolina and Fritz were ok most of the time. Nicolina >>> Fritz though

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

Something that I found very annoying is how people like Jay or Nicolina were  constantly shat on for “lacking artistry” while Noah and Hunter were praised when they mostly stayed in their lane without doing anything unique or interesting.

I actually disagree with Noah lacking artistry because he sang songs outside of his genre, like “Stay” and “Falling”.

As for my thoughts on this season, I gave it a C because there were enough good performances that it wasn’t too meh, but there were definitely contestants that were robbed and contestants that made it too far.

My expectations with this show were extremely low since the beggining so i can give it a C because at least was enjoyable to some extent and helped me to kill the time with no season of The Voice airing.

Edited by Gustavo527

21 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

I actually disagree with Noah lacking artistry because he sang songs outside of his genre, like “Stay” and “Falling”.

I think that has to do more with versatility than with artistry. I appreciate that he tackled different genres but he really didn’t do anything with the songs, he just sang them straight up.

• Like 3

Cole Ritter, Ava Maybe, and Leah Marlene...

Not to mention Fritz, Nicolina, Jay, and Lady K.

So much talent wasted in bad song choices and placements in the competition.

Leah making Top 2 would've solidified the season averaging a B+. I still give it a solid B though for Leah in general. And for Huntergirl not winning. lol :P 

Solid C.

Not a season I'll remember with nostalgia, but not a season I'll remember negatively either. I'm not sure where I'd put it overall in my rankings - probably in the bottom half of 20, but it's still third of the ABC seasons for me after S16 and S19.

• Like 1