HunterGirl's Profession

thenghreport

Does it feel weird to anybody else that there hasn't really been any pushback on HunterGirl's "day job?"

Perhaps it's because the field of "music therapy" is fairly isolated, but... every single time HunterGirl says she "does music therapy with veterans" and the show lists her as a "Music Therapist" I kind of lose my mind a little bit?

My wife is a certified and licensed Music Therapist. She has a degree in Music Therapy. You... you can't just call yourself a "music therapist." There's a LOT of training, work, and education that goes into that title. 

If you want to sit down on my couch and talk to me about how you were raised as a child, I can offer you my advice... but I'm not a therapist or a counselor. I'm just a person trying to be helpful.

HunterGirl is a person trying to be helpful. That's great. She's not doing music therapy. 

I don't know... bothers me quite a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My sister went to college (Originally for music education then music therapy) and graduated hoping to be a music therapist.

I agree with you. As my sister is now trying anything she can to be an artist herself. She's given up on music therapy...

Her dream is to travel to Japan and be a singer. But yeah...

Anyway. If music therapy education (and college in general) were free she wouldn't still have student loans to pay off! :/ 

• Like 2

Hunter Girl is an amazing singer, with major star appeal and stage presence, her day job doesn't matter because she is about to win a major talent showcase and become a huge star, i am sorry that you feel this way, but hey, you have every right to your opinion.

• Like 1

Idol has been doing this since Day 1. The only reason you’re noticing is because you know more than the average bear about her assigned profession. 

it’s pretty obvious that Hunter is a full-time musician, but that’s not allowed to be said for Idol purposes. 

44 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Idol has been doing this since Day 1. The only reason you’re noticing is because you know more than the average bear about her assigned profession. 

it’s pretty obvious that Hunter is a full-time musician, but that’s not allowed to be said for Idol purposes. 

Maybe.

Except this is verbatim from her audition:

Lionel - "What do you do for an occupation?"

HunterGirl - "When I'm not doing music for myself, I work with veterans in music therapy."

7 hours ago, wgm said:

Hunter Girl is an amazing singer, with major star appeal and stage presence, her day job doesn't matter because she is about to win a major talent showcase and become a huge star, i am sorry that you feel this way, but hey, you have every right to your opinion.

lol ...is this you, HunterGirl?

• Haha 1