American Idol S20 Grand Finale Discussion - 8pm ET-5pm PT

istersay

Congrats to Noah! It was his season. I suspect he had a Carrie Underwood situation where he was #1 in the votes every week. 

Wishing HunterGirl a great career too. There’s a bit of an odd trend where the female runner-up (and my favorite) is either the last to be spoiled on TIP’s spoiler list or we just can’t find them on social media. It happened with Jena Irene and LaPorsha, and happened this year with HunterGirl who was originally listed as being eliminated in Hollywood. 

• Like 3

Anyway, back to the topic at hand which is Noah winning. :wub:

Fritz was my favourite but Noah steadily moved up my rankings throughout. I think he was really starting to improve, so it’s a shame the judges didn’t get a little more constructive (and that the ABC seasons are shorter). Glad he ended up winning, and I look forward to seeing what he does in the future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

Wow, what a blast everybody! Would've been nice if one of the girls won, but overall one of the better seasons in the past few years. See y'all next year!

I think I have to agree. Really the only issue in the elimination order, aside from us not getting a female winner, was probably Jay sticking around too long. If only the judges hadn't given him the wild card off of an absolutely dreadful wild card performance, we might've been able to challenge Season 11! (Though I'll concede that Top 20 night might've been his best performance; he very well might have deserved to get in directly on America's vote.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anybody354 said:

The Voice should take notes from American Idol and do a similar segment with the contestants.

I agree! It's great to see everyone come out to support the contestants, and I think viewers enjoy learning more about their lives.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Congrats to Noah. Really enjoyed him in this past few weeks.

I also noticed that all of the Springsteen songs tonight came from the same album: "Born in the USA". Wish they would have used songs from others as well.

I mean...it is his most popular album in terms of streams and sales.

1 minute ago, Gmm99 said:

I mean...it is his most popular album in terms of streams and sales.

Yep, easily. I´m not too big on that album though, I much prefer his first 3, and "Darkness in the Edge of Town" and "Nebraska".

That being said, I´m surprised no one did "Born to Run", but at least it was a bit refreshing.

3 minutes ago, FunkyFrankie said:

When did Carrie perform? I must’ve missed her cause I don’t remember seeing her tonight 

There was a COVID scare amongst her group so she couldn't perform tonight. :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1