Song Suggestion Thread for Season 20

Winterfan

I've come up with even more songs I think some of this season's contestants should consider singing. I'd really like to hear Tristen cover something from James Bay like Hold Back The River or Ophelia from The Lumineers. Singing one of Kaleo's songs could work out for him as well. I think he might also do well covering Shivers by Ed Sheeran or Beggin' by Maneskin. I think Jay could also do a good job covering both of those songs. 

I think Jay might be able to do a good job covering Crazy by Gnarls Barkley, Happy by Pharrell Williams, and either Cry Me a River or What Goes Around...Comes Around by Justin Timberlake, too. 

I think Ava could do a good job covering a song from The Pretenders, like Brass In Pocket or Don't Get Me Wrong. I think Love is Blindness by U2 might be a good song for her to sing as well. And how ironic would it be if she were to cover an Ava Max song, like Kings & Queens.

I believe Emyrson might be wise to cover a Lorde song, like Team, Issues by Julia Michaels, Just Like Fire by Pink or Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack. 

I think Complicated by Avril Lavigne, Sweet but Psycho by Ava Max, Never Be the Same by Camila Cabello, Fancy by Iggy Azalea, Shiny Happy People by R.E.M. and Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis could be good songs for Leah to cover. She might be wise to consider covering a song by Maggie Rogers or Jessie Ware, too. 

I believe Nicolina should consider covering god is a woman or Problem by Ariana Grande, A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, Nothing Breaks Like a Heart by Mark Ronson ft. Miley Cyrus, Wishing On A Star by Rolls Royce, Flashlight or Who You Are by Jessie J, Yesterday by The Beatles, These Dreams by Heart or Part of Me by Katy Perry, if she'll allow it.

I continue to think HunterGirl should cover Meant to Be by Bebe Rexha feat. Florida Georgia Line. I also think she could do a good job covering I Hope by Gabby Barrett or I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift. 

Christian might be wise to cover Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers, Perfect by Ed Sheeran, or It Will Rain or When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars.

I think Always on My Mind by Willie Nelson might be a good song for Mike to cover.

Who's Laughing Now by Ava Max might be a good song for Lady K to sing.

I think Allegra should consider covering New Americana by Halsey, Habits (Stay High) by Tove Lo, Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper or Say Something by A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera.

I also think Symphony by Clean Bandit could be a good song for one of the females to cover if they could sing it in a lower key. 

Edited by Winterfan

Katy compared to Leah to St. Vincent earlier and I don't know if y'all know her but she is an eccentric artist to say the least. Imagine Leah singing these for rural America to hear lol.

P.S. these aren't song suggestions, just amusing what ifs

6 minutes ago, m1key said:

I know some people were saying Allegra should cover No Time To Die but after Katy's comment tonight about Emyrson soundling like BIllie, I would love to hear her cover that song. 

emyrson would do well with that song because she wouldn't have to belt except that one part.

I know some people were saying Allegra should cover No Time To Die but after Katy's comment tonight about Emyrson soundling like BIllie, I would love to hear her cover that song. 

I wouldn't mind her covering that song, either. I just hope if she does, that it will be better than Cassandra's performance of Writing's On The Wall was last year. 

If Tristan makes it past Disney night, I need him to sing Radar Love by Golden Earring.

I think that would be a good song for him to cover as well.

Arcade by Duncan Lawrence is a song specifically engineered to give someone a singing show moment. I think Emyrson or Leah would do the best with it.

Mike could do great with The Bones by Maren Morris.

Fast Car is right there, Lady K!

Surface Pressure from Encanto and All is Found (Kacey Musgraves’ version) from Frozen 2 would be great, fresh picks for Disney picks. I’d give them to Nicolina and Hunter respectively, though that might be a bit on the nose.

Christian Guardino “Rumor Has It” by Lady Gaga

Emyrson Flora “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft Bruno Mars

Fritz Hager “Hey Ya” by Outkast

HunterGirl -“What Does The Fox Say” by Ylvis

Jay Copeland “Basket Case” by Green Day

Lady K “Paris Ooh La La” by Grace Potter and The Nocturnals

Leah Marlene “Rockstar” by Smash Mouth

Mike Parker “The Devil Went Down To Georgia” by The Charlie Daniels Band

Nicolina Bozzo “Baby” by Justin Bieber 

Noah Thompson “Baby, One More Time” by Britney Spears

Tristen Grissett - “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds” by The Beatles

Noah - "I See The Light"

Christian - "Go The Distance"

Fritz - "Bare Necessities"

Nicolina - "Surface Pressure"

Hunter - "Life Is A Highway" 😂

Emyrson - "Beauty And The Beast"

Leah - "When She Loved Me"

Jay - "Almost There"

Mike - "You've Got A Friend In Me"

Lady K - "God Bless The Outcasts"

7 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Noah - "I See The Light"

Christian - "Go The Distance"

Fritz - "Bare Necessities"

Nicolina - "Surface Pressure"

Hunter - "Life Is A Highway" 😂

Emyrson - "Beauty And The Beast"

Leah - "When She Loved Me"

Jay - "Almost There"

Mike - "You've Got A Friend In Me"

Lady K - "God Bless The Outcasts"

I hope nobody sings Life Is a Highway (thought, tbh, I wouldn’t put it past Mike to sing that….or HunterGirl if last night I’d any indication.)

Nicolina - Surface Presssure from Encanto, Poor Unfortunate Souls from The Little Mermaid

Leah Marlene - I Wanna Be Like You from The Jungle Book

Lady K - Almost There from The Princess and the Frog, Spirit from The Lion King (Live Action)

Jay Copeland - Zero to Hero from Hercules

These came to mind first. Will update with more as time passes.

Noah - Remember Me (someone’s inevitably going to do this, so at least a country spin on it might make it a little fresh)

Christian - 

Fritz - 

Nicolina - 

Hunter - All is Found 

Emyrson - Once Upon A Dream (Lana del ray version)

Leah - Surface Pressure (fits perfectly into her alternating uptempo-ballad strategy, and she’s proven that she can handle the tricky wordplay and rhythms)

Jay - 

Mike - 

Lady K - Part of your World (she actually has an incredible Disney princess voice, and this is one of the best Disney princess songs)

Here are some of the songs I feel the contestants should consider singing for Disney night:

Leah - Some Things Never Change from Frozen 2

Emyrson - Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas or Speechless from the live-action version of Aladdin

Noah - Son of Man from Tarzan

Jay - Dig a Little Deeper from The Princess and the Frog or Feed the Birds from Mary Poppins

Christian - I've Got No Strings from Pinocchio, You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! from Peter Pan, Whistle While You Work from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Hakuna Matata from The Lion King or You're Welcome from Moana

Mike - The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy from Toy Story 4

Fritz - Lost In the Woods from Frozen 2

Lady K - Almost There from The Princess and the Frog

Nicolina - Beauty and the Beast from one of the versions of Beauty and the Beast or The Place Where Lost Things Go from Mary Poppins Returns

HunterGirl - I agree that she'll probably sing Life is a Highway from Cars. But, if she wants to switch things up maybe Touch the Sky from Brave or Spirit from the live-action version of The Lion King could work as well. Spirit could be a good song for Nicolina to sing, too. 

And I agree with others that if songs like Remember Me and the Circle of Life have to be sung, at least if contestants that we don't expect them to be covered by sing them, it might make things more interesting.

Edited by Winterfan

Christian Guardino “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” from Encanto, “Into The Unknown” from Frozen

Emyrson Flora - For The First Time In Forever  from Frozen 

Fritz Hager - “Reflection” by Christina Aguilera 

HunterGirl - “Strangers Like Me” from Tarzan, 

Jay Copeland - “God Help The Outcasts” from The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Lady K - “Speechless” from  Aladdin —Live Action, 

Leah Marlene - “Under The Sea” from The Little Mermaid,  “I Won’t Say I’m In Love” from Hercules, “Into The Open Air” from Brave

Mike Parker-“A Whole New World” from Aladdin 

Nicolina Bozzo - How Far I’ll Go from Moana

Noah Thompson - “Touch The Sky” from Brave

Also, if anyone sings “Shiny” from Moana I will give them votes 

Christian Guardino: "You Go Down Smooth" (Lake Street Dive), "My Mind" (YEBBA), "Save Your Tears" (The Weeknd)

Emyrson Flora: "Castles" (Freya Ridings), "The Weather" (Lawrence), "Heat Waves" (Glass Animals), "Please Don't Go" (Mike Posner)

Fritz Hager: "Lover, Please Stay" (Nothing But Thieves), "All the Pretty Girls" (KALEO), "Young and Free" (Dermot Kennedy), "Cannonball" (Damien Rice)

HunterGirl: "Gold Dust Woman" (Fleetwood Mac), "One Great Mystery" (Lady Antebellum), "What's Up?" (4 Non Blondes), "Somebody to Love" (Jefferson Airplane)

Jay Copeland: "I Was Wrong" (Chris Stapleton), "Pretty Wings" (Maxwell), "Glitter in the Air" (P!nk), "Runnin' (Lose it All)" (Beyoncé and Arrow Benjamin)

Lady K: "Bittersweet" (Lianne La Havas), "Got Me" (Laura Mvula), "Stay With Me" (Lorraine Ellison), "Run" (Snow Patrol)

Leah Marlene: "cellophane" (FKA twigs), "Bed of Roses" (Bon Jovi), "Don't Lose Sight" (Lawrence), "Beggin'" (Maneskin)

Mike Parker: "Superstar" (The Carpenters/Luther Vandross version), "What a Heartache" (Dolly Parton), "Love Can Build A Bridge" (The Judds), "Fast Car" (Tracy Chapman)

Nicolina Bozzo: "Cosmic Love" (Florence & The Machine), "Clown" (Emeli Sande), "XO" (Beyoncé)

Noah Thompson: "Black and Gold" (Sam Sparro), "Into The Mystic" (Van Morrison), "Good Hearted Woman" (Waylon Jennings), "Easy on Me" (Adele), "No Such Thing" (John Mayer)

Viral TikTok Hits Theme (Work in progress)

Nicolina

- abcdefu by Gayle

- Easy on Me by Adele

- It's All Coming Back To Me Now by Celine Dion

Noah Thompson

- Fancy Like by Walker Hayes

Fritz Hager

- Heat Waves by Glass Animals

- Heather by Conan Gray

- I Love You So by The Walters 

HunterGirl

- I'm A Survivor by Reba McEntire

Leah Marlene

- I Am Woman by Emmy Meli

- Hand In My Pocket by Alanis Morisette

Jay Copeland

- Just a Cloud Away by Pharell Williams

Christian Guardino

- Heartbreak Anniversary by Giveon

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

i hope she doesn't sing this song what little i've heard of it was horrible

Yeah looking back at it, that was more of a song "prediction" for her rather than a song "suggestion." I feel like the feminist theme and Emmy's unique tone could be something that appeals to Leah. It could be a good performance if she does a stripped down version with guitar because it would allow the vocals/tone to shine, but otherwise it would probably be bad. 

Edited by m1key

Unfortunately, I really can't make any song suggestions for the Viral TikTok Songs theme since I'm not familiar with songs that have gone viral on TikTok at all. However, I have given some thought to what the contestants might want to consider singing for the Mother's Day dedication theme. I hope whatever songs they pick to cover haven't been sung to death already. And it seems like the more heartfelt the Mother's Day dedication songs are, the more the voters seem to reward the contestants for singing them. Some songs Leah, Nicolina and HunterGirl might be wise to consider covering are I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan, Before Your Love by Kelly Clarkson, a stripped down version of Fighter by Christina Aguilera, Need You Now by Lady A and Perfect or Just Give Me a Reason by Pink. Perfect by Ed Sheeran, Treasure by Bruno Mars, All of Me by John Legend or maybe even Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots could be good songs for one of the males to cover.

Edited by Winterfan

6 hours ago, erik g said:

Does "It's All Coming Back To Be Now" count as a viral tiktok song lol? If so, please Nicolina!!

lmao I think that just might be cheating 😂

I wanna see all of them deal with bad/unconventional song choices lol

• Haha 1