Kenedi Anderson’s Withdrawal

Idol Maniac

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

RIP S20 (and congrats Noah?)

or Fritz...

I don't really see any girl winning besides Kenedi :(( (maaaybe huntergirl but idkk and I'm not a fan)

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

or Fritz...

Fritz reminds me a lot of Hunter Metts from last season, I don’t think he will win. 

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I don't really see any girl winning besides Kenedi :(( (maaaybe huntergirl but idkk and I'm not a fan)

At this point I don’t see any girl (other than Hunter) making it to Top 7.

Edited by Daillon

I am also gagged at the fact that Benson could quite possibly be the reason behind this. This situation really feels like a season crossover Wattpad fan fiction 😭

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2

Good for her. She actually has real potential. She is better off trying to actually get a real record deal if she is serious about a career. 

Sucks for the show because I think she was a part of why the season hasn't been complete abysmal. This is objectively a huge hit to an already bad season. 

I'm just confused how it is so easy for contestants to drop out. You would think on a show like idol, it would be way more difficult. Right now, it seems like a way for some contestants to audition, get eyes on them, and then withdraw before idol traps them. Kind of shady lmao. It seems like it is setting a precedent. 

Edited by joe14
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Good for her. She actually has real potential. She is better off trying to actually get a real record deal if she is serious about a career. 

Sucks for the show because I think she was a part of why the season hasn't been complete abysmal. This is objectively a huge hit to an already bad season. 

I'm just confused how it is so easy for contestants to drop out. You would think on a show like idol, it would be way more difficult. Right now, it seems like a way for some contestants to audition, get eyes on them, and then withdraw before idol traps them. Kind of shady lmao. It seems like it is setting a precedent. 

Back in S4, Mario Vasquez dropped out right before the semifinals started. He was already getting offers from labels & once he dropped out signed with Sony (the same label he would have gone to had he won or been runner-up). At the time, some thought he could have gone far & challenged Carrie & Bo had he stayed in the competition. Mario went on to have a hit song. Once this happened, in following seasons I remember speculation that contestants could dropout before a certain point (semifinals start) because they already received Idol exposure & had label interest. Basically, once Mario did it there was speculation if others would do it because they probably didn't need to fully compete on Idol to get a record deal. I think some contestants had speculation that they could do this (Ex. Chris Daughtry), but stayed.

Kenedi probably did what she thought was best for her. She already received a lot of Idol exposure. If she's already getting label offers or opportunities, I can understand dropping out. Getting far on Idol doesn't give a contestant as many opportunities as it did before. Yes, it puts the show in a bind, but it has been done before. I could just see more contestants doing it in the future because it worked out for Benson.

Edited by ptebwwong

I'm going to wait until confirmation to see what happens...I'm starting to believe that Kenedi may have withdrew, but...the reason given here seems sketchy at best...it's one thing if she withdrew because she got a record deal (or some other personal reasons), but...having someone from a past season "encouraging" you to withdraw and for that to be the only reason seems a bit far fetched...

• Like 2