American Idol S20 Showstopper/Final Judgment Discussion

istersay

7th segment thoughts:

- Cadence's take on "The Story" was interesting. I didn't love it as much as I wanted. I liked the softer parts and wish she kept it more softer. The higher rangey parts were kinda hit or miss in this performance, but she's got a strong voice and potential. She's someone I'm interested in seeing more of so I'm cool with her making the Top 24.

- Nice performance from Kelsie. Ooh wow, I'm kinda surprised she got cut here as I was totally expecting her to make the Top 24. She had such a strong edit/storyline on the show that I thought she would go further. I am fine with her going, as I wasn't ever huge on her voice honestly. But I do love the confidence she has grown on the show - even though again the edit felt quite forced.

- Really nice and solid performance from Huntergirl. Obviously she was going to make the Top 24 and I'm not surprised she did. She deserved it after that performance. Slayy at Idol playing Mickey Guyton after she advanced! ❤️ 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

7th segment thoughts:

- Really nice and solid performance from Huntergirl. Obviously she was going to make the Top 24 and I'm not surprised she did. She deserved it after that performance. Slayy at Idol playing Mickey Guyton after she advanced! ❤️ 

Fun Fact: Mickey Guyton was cut right before semifinals in Season 7. 

• Thanks 1

Lady K is okay. She has a really limited range though (noticed it in the audition) and there is gonna come a time where a lot of the other girls will probably outsing her. She's filler tbh so the limited range probably won't matter in the long run.

Edited by joe14
  • Confused 3

8th segment thoughts:

- Didn't know the song that Danielle sang. But ooof, Katy's comments on that being the worst performance she's done. I wasn't really feeling what they showed of her there. 

- Sage was much better and stronger with her performance in comparison. I don't remember her from past rounds. Hmmmmm they both made it through? Sage I get, but I don't get Danielle making it through - but I can't remember her from other rounds. :unsure:

- Aww sad for Jordan not making it through. :( Not too surprised there but I'm also okay with it as I only remember him from his duet with Kenedi.

- OMGG lol Kenedi talking about getting friend zoned by a guy recently. I love that she sang Bruno Mars. I was unsure of parts of that but she did deliver some strong moments in there. I would have been shocked if she didn't make it through regardless. So I am not surprised she made it and I'm glad that she made it through.