Jump to content

Will a WGWG win season 20?


CandiceFan12
 Share

Will a WGWG win season 20?  

33 members have voted

  1. 1. Will a WGWG win season 20?

    • Yes, another WGWG will win season 20
      12
    • No, a girl will win season 20
      21


Recommended Posts

Well ten years ago we've had 5 consecutive WGWG winners from David Cook to Phillip Phillips and season 12 had a female winner with Candice Glover.

 

Then we had Chayce winning last season. Is there any way a girl can win Season 20?

Edited by CandiceFan12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s going to depend on the contestants and whether or not they can convince people to vote for them. If we get an endearing female contestant, like Maddie, they can get enough support to win. It’s obviously not enough to just have a big voice, so even if we do get an amazing girl or POC male, they can get beaten out by a WGWG if he’s more charming, as we saw last season with Grace and Willie. Grace was incredible but too serious IMO and Willie was no more versatile than Chayce, so it wasn’t a shock to see the WGWG win. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

It’s going to depend on the contestants and whether or not they can convince people to vote for them. If we get an endearing female contestant, like Maddie, they can get enough support to win. It’s obviously not enough to just have a big voice, so even if we do get an amazing girl or POC male, they can get beaten out by a WGWG if he’s more charming, as we saw last season with Grace and Willie. Grace was incredible but too serious IMO and Willie was no more versatile than Chayce, so it wasn’t a shock to see the WGWG win. 

THIS! I remember saying to myself after last season, "If Grace cant win, idk what its going to take for a female to win again." No matter how many high notes you can do, how pretty you are, or how long you can sustain a belt for, its not going to be enough. If a female is going to win, the producers are going to have to give her the "girl next door", american sweetheart type of edit.

Edited by m1key
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, m1key said:

 

THIS! I remember saying to myself after last season, "If Grace cant win, idk what its going to take for a female to win again." No matter how many high notes you can do, how pretty you are, or how long you can sustain a belt for, its not going to be enough. If a female is going to win, the producers are going to have to give her the "girl next door", american sweetheart type of edit.

Agreed. A girl will never win Idol again, though I think the last girl standing will finish as the runner-up, if the audience has it their way with the voting.

Edited by CandiceFan12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bigger question - why would someone even want to win Idol these days - and be stuck with the Idol contract that goes nowhere.

 

Look at the fate of the last 8 winners - Candice Glover, Caleb Johnson, Nick Fradiani, Trent Harmon, Maddie Poppe, Laine Hardy, Just Sam, Chayce Beckham.

 

Compared to non winners Jax, Daniel Seavey, Gabby Barrett, Lauren Spencer Smith, Benson Boone who have become the breakouts of their season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

The bigger question - why would someone even want to win Idol these days - and be stuck with the Idol contract that goes nowhere.

 

Look at the fate of the last 8 winners - Candice Glover, Caleb Johnson, Nick Fradiani, Trent Harmon, Maddie Poppe, Laine Hardy, Just Sam, Chayce Beckham.

 

Compared to non winners Jax, Daniel Seavey, Gabby Barrett, Lauren Spencer Smith, Benson Boone who have become the breakouts of their season.

Yep. Sadly unless you want TikTok fame... Or are a country star in the making. They don't want you. :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More like... Why don't Asians compete on AI? I never see singers of Japanese, Chinese, or Philippine decent on ABC Idol... :/ 

 

It bothers me that we are talking WGWG like it matters who wins anymore? Who cares if they play an instrument or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

More like... Why don't Asians compete on AI? I never see singers of Japanese, Chinese, or Philippine decent on ABC Idol... :/ 

 

It bothers me that we are talking WGWG like it matters who wins anymore? Who cares if they play an instrument or not?

 

I think that Laine was part Asian.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

 

I think that Laine was part Asian.

So one. One Asian. lol

You're right he was part Korean I think.

I meant Indian as well. 

Edited by KelseyW
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2022 at 9:27 PM, mytake1 said:

The bigger question - why would someone even want to win Idol these days - and be stuck with the Idol contract that goes nowhere.

 

Look at the fate of the last 8 winners - Candice Glover, Caleb Johnson, Nick Fradiani, Trent Harmon, Maddie Poppe, Laine Hardy, Just Sam, Chayce Beckham.

 

Compared to non winners Jax, Daniel Seavey, Gabby Barrett, Lauren Spencer Smith, Benson Boone who have become the breakouts of their season.

Still way too soon to say about Chayce. But I don’t expect any different from you. 

  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Daillon said:

We’ll see if she can deliver live, but Kenedi screams winner, so I’m going to say no.

I thought at first she was gonna be third at best, but with the reception she got with her audition i genuinely think she can be runner-up. (With this audience, i don't see her winning, sorry, i'm keeping my expectations as low as i can)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2022 at 3:38 PM, Carrie_On said:

It’s going to depend on the contestants and whether or not they can convince people to vote for them. If we get an endearing female contestant, like Maddie, they can get enough support to win. It’s obviously not enough to just have a big voice, so even if we do get an amazing girl or POC male, they can get beaten out by a WGWG if he’s more charming, as we saw last season with Grace and Willie. Grace was incredible but too serious IMO and Willie was no more versatile than Chayce, so it wasn’t a shock to see the WGWG win. 

Chayce is hispanic, his dui arrest record is now public

  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, wgm said:

Chayce is hispanic, his dui arrest record is now public

Yay a winner with a public DUI? :/ 

 

I know he's come a long way and is sober, but jeeze that's not exactly something to brag about...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Yay a winner with a public DUI? :/ 

 

I know he's come a long way and is sober, but jeeze that's not exactly something to brag about...

 

Was the DUI public when he competed on the show?  If it wasn't (and I suspect that it wasn't), the fact that it's not something to brag about is probably why it was kept quiet until now.  At least he's come a long way from that point.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

 

Was the DUI public when he competed on the show?  If it wasn't (and I suspect that it wasn't), the fact that it's not something to brag about is probably why it was kept quiet until now.  At least he's come a long way from that point.

Right???

Like I don't go looking up records like that that's strange. Way to make it public fan knowledge... lol

I'm glad he's sober and in a better position in life now though. 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2022 at 6:48 PM, countrynineteen said:

Still way too soon to say about Chayce. But I don’t expect any different from you. 

Lol for anybody "confused," this particular poster "Mytake" is always negative, so I meant I don't expect him to say any different than anything negative. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2022 at 1:30 PM, Gustavo527 said:

I thought at first she was gonna be third at best, but with the reception she got with her audition i genuinely think she can be runner-up. (With this audience, i don't see her winning, sorry, i'm keeping my expectations as low as i can)

Why don't you see her winning? When you say "This audience" so far the reboot has been 50-50 as far as male and female winners. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...