American Idol Season 20 Semi-Finals (Top 24)

Idol Maniac

6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

There will apparently be voting for this round (just on pre-recorded performances.)

Yeah I found a recording of Ryan saying "Keep those votes coming and we'll keep the music coming" (along with Ava Maybee's performance).

Which means we probably have to wait like 2 months to find out who made it 😭 💀

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ_DpeTLXR6/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by m1key

1 hour ago, gabe0101 said:

Omg I missed it! How did Allegra do? And what was the feedback from the judges? So nervous. 

You couldn’t really hear the feedback from the judges in the stream. I was a bit worried with the song choice, but her rendition was very cool. The ending was gorgeous!

On 2/14/2022 at 2:27 PM, m1key said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZ8iYWjg2a9/?utm_medium=copy_link

Someone uploaded a live video of a rehearsal with MULTIPLE performances LOL.

One male/female singing Tell Me Something Good by Chaka Khan and Rufus.

One male singing a song I cant understand (lol).

One female (Sage? hair looks kind of red) singing Jolene by Dolly Parton.

Katyrah Love singing Blame It On The Boogie by The Jackson 5.

Shucks…looks like video was pulled.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:37 AM, holinessss said:

these are the e1 contestants and knowing they have 5-6 T24 artists per audition episode, the bolded are most likely in the Top 24 (crossmatched with T59)

On 2/13/2022 at 9:55 AM, m1key said:

The competition for the remaining girls is getting really tight...

Scarlet Ayliz is likely the 9th female even though TIP hasnt confirmed it yet. I want to say Hunter Girl and Danielle Finn made it as well because they are in the premiere and made Top 59. Common sense has me wanting to say Leah Marlene is in T24 due to her social media activity/3 SO's at Top 59, and I also want to say Allegra is in it because... shes Allegra, but at least ONE of these 4 girls is cut.

Omg!! Really? Danielle Finn is my favorite! How do you know who’s on the premier?

Just now, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

Wait I’m confused. Did Hunter Gurl make The Top 24 or not? On one thread (this one), it shows her on the Top 24 list. On the other spoiler thread, it doesn’t have her name on the Top 24 list?

There was a mistake in the spoilers.  Hunter Girl is in Danielle Clavell is out.

I finally had a chance to listen to the Top 24 girls in depth today! I had browsed through most of their material previously, but I wanted to wait until we had the full Top 24 to take a deep dive through their covers/original songs. Heres my thoughts on them: 

- Emyrson and Allegra are the pop girls with a rich, deep, and soulful tone to their voice.

- Kenedi and Nicolina are the belting pop powerhouses. 

- Katyrah and Lady K are the R&B riffing vocal queens. 

- Scarlet and Ava are the versatile alternative girls. They seem to lean towards alternative/rock as their main genres but they also both have covers and/or original songs with pop/soul influence.

- Leah and Sage are indie/folk, but I think both of them have some sub-genres of country/pop/maybe even r&b under their belt. I also feel that they PHYSICALLY stand out the most out of the girls (Leah's style is pretty unique, Sage has her red hair). 

- Hunter is the pure country girl of the batch. Not much else to her lol. 

- Cadence, Elli, Danielle have more subdued, sweeter voices. Elli seems to be more country/folk while Cadence/Danielle are more pop/r&b, but I think they all fit under the same bubble. 

From what we know, Top 24 seems to be the first round of voting. Obviously, there will be other factors that go into who people vote for including previous performances, sob stories, pimpage, etc. However, I do think these groupings of similar genres will play a part in who the producers edit well and who they do not edit well. If you have any disagreements or comments let me know! 

Edited by m1key

17 minutes ago, m1key said:

I finally had a chance to listen to the Top 24 girls in depth today! I had browsed through most of their material previously, but I wanted to wait until we had the full Top 24 to take a deep dive through their covers/original songs. Heres my thoughts on them: 

- Emyrson and Allegra are the pop girls with a rich, deep, and soulful tone to their voice.

- Kenedi and Nicolina are the belting pop powerhouses. 

- Katyrah and Lady K are the R&B riffing vocal queens. 

- Scarlet and Ava are the versatile alternative girls. They seem to lean towards alternative/rock as their main genres but they also both have covers and/or original songs with pop/soul influence.

- Leah and Sage are indie/folk, but I think both of them have some sub-genres of country/pop/maybe even r&b under their belt. I also feel that they PHYSICALLY stand out the most out of the girls (Leah's style is pretty unique, Sage has her red hair). 

- Hunter is the pure country girl of the batch. Not much else to her lol. 

- Cadence, Elli, Danielle have more subdued, sweeter voices. Elli seems to be more country/folk while Cadence/Danielle are more pop/r&b, but I think they all fit under the same bubble. 

From what we know, Top 24 seems to be the first round of voting. Obviously, there will be other factors that go into who people vote for including previous performances, sob stories, pimpage, etc. However, I do think these groupings of similar genres will play a part in who the producers edit well and who they do not edit well. If you have any disagreements or comments let me know! 

I’d say this is a pretty solid analysis. I think Hunter is in the best spot right now out of all the girls. She’s in her own lane, and she got a platinum ticket after her audition, meaning she’ll likely get a good edit. 

Edited by Bk1234

Also, if you go to the TikTok account of user @hawaiijuls , she has a BUNCH of clips of the performances. Jay, Sir Blayke, Kenedi, and Danielle Finn.

TikTok user @daisiemay15 has videos of Katyrah and Cadence. 

Edited by m1key