American Idol Season 20 Semi-Finals (Top 24)

Idol Maniac

Without jumping into my fandom too early... (like I always do lol) Who is interesting this year?

I'm not going through everyone's fan thread. Just knowing Cole Ritter might not make it is saddening... 

SIGH. I always root too early for someone and then someone else catches my eye later on. It always happens. :/ 

Anyway. Why is this Allegra girl so good? She was on The Voice is all I know. What's her genre style? What makes folks a fan of hers? Just curious. 🙂 

Just now, KelseyW said:

Without jumping into my fandom too early... (like I always do lol) Who is interesting this year?

I'm not going through everyone's fan thread. Just knowing Cole Ritter might not make it is saddening... 

SIGH. I always root too early for someone and then someone else catches my eye later on. It always happens. :/ 

Anyway. Why is this Allegra girl so good? She was on The Voice is all I know. What's her genre style? What makes folks a fan of hers? Just curious. 🙂 

She’s got a good voice. Her tone reminds me of Sophia Wackerman from Idol S18 a little bit. Kenedi Anderson is great if you like belting pop singers. Nicolina is another belter, a bit like Grace from last season. And Fritz Hager is good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

She’s got a good voice. Her tone reminds me of Sophia Wackerman from Idol S18 a little bit. Kenedi Anderson is great if you like belting pop singers. Nicolina is another belter, a bit like Grace from last season. And Fritz Hager is good. 

Comparing Nicolina to Grace is a bit of a stretch since Grace is one of the best vocalists to ever appear on Idol lol. Id say an accurate comparison for Nicolina is Madison VanDenburg from S17. I agree with the Sophia Wackerman/James comparison tho.

Edited by m1key

1 hour ago, KelseyW said:

I think most people would say it’s her tone. She doesn’t have a rasp, but she has a slightly husky voice that allows her to make interesting musical choices. 

if you have 15 minutes, a YTer put together a compilation of her Voice performances. She was on the lockdown, sing from home season.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, KelseyW said:

It's the whole package. She's pretty, great personality, interesting name considering Allegra is also the name of a medication, and also that the most important she is a talented singer with a great voice and is original in how she sings. She's one of a kind.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Yeah I’m sad that Cole probably isn’t there and Leah. Most of the ones I root for made it to Top 24 at least, but if they both don’t then they’d be the first. 

I can tell you that Fritz is really great though. If you like Wyatt he is Wyatt’s friend 🙂 I find him unique and authentic. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Her bio makes a good job describing Allegra's style:

"Allegra has a distinct, recognizable sound that creates an atmosphere and makes you feel something — she reimagines covers in a way that exemplifies the feel and message of every song. Her original music draws inspiration from soul, alternative, R&B, and singer-songwriter styles."

The Covid season really screwed her with the video format because her stage presence got limited to  a little room and the producers did her dirty too, so most of her fans (like me) felt that she could do so much more on the show. Hope she gets a lot fans on AI this season. 

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZ8iYWjg2a9/?utm_medium=copy_link

Someone uploaded a live video of a rehearsal with MULTIPLE performances LOL.

One male/female singing Tell Me Something Good by Chaka Khan and Rufus.

One male singing a song I cant understand (lol).

One female (Sage? hair looks kind of red) singing Jolene by Dolly Parton.

Katyrah Love singing Blame It On The Boogie by The Jackson 5.

Edited by m1key

25 minutes ago, m1key said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZ8iYWjg2a9/?utm_medium=copy_link

Someone uploaded a live video of a rehearsal with MULTIPLE performances LOL.

One male/female singing Tell Me Something Good by Chaka Khan and Rufus.

One male singing a song I cant understand (lol).

One female (Sage? hair looks kind of red) singing Jolene by Dolly Parton.

Katyrah Love singing Blame It On The Boogie by The Jackson 5.

OMG, some of the commentary was priceless.

”I think one of Johnny Cash’s wives sang Jolene originally because it’s about cheating”. 

Dude, 99% of country songs are about cheating, so that’s not exactly a good way to  figure out the artist, lol.

Edited by AngelaKD

20 hours ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

It's the whole package. She's pretty, great personality, interesting name considering Allegra is also the name of a medication, and also that the most important she is a talented singer with a great voice and is original in how she sings. She's one of a kind.

She has "shock boot" written all over her.  This when someone is put on a pedestal so early. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

People are hyped because we saw her on the voice and loved her on there.

Which is fine, but I get "IDF It Girl" vibes... Just the vibe I'm getting. :peace:

Watch. I'll hear her voice and then become a fan. :P