Contestants Who Got Eliminated Despite Having Slayed Their Last Performance

allistr

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Ellie Lawrence “Exes and Ohs” wasn’t show stopping but it was easily one of the best of the night and I was floored that it sent her home. 

Yeah. Especially instead of Braiden Sunshine. It should have been Jeffery, Ellie and Viktor.

Edited by Jaffy
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Yeah. Especially instead of Braiden Sunshine. It should have been Jeffery, Ellie and Viktor.

Yeah Gwen saving Korin didn’t bug me bc I get it judging her battle & ko but braiden getting PO over ellie was insane. 

Edited by CocoaPuffs
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Yeah Gwen saving Korin didn’t bug me bc I get it judging her battle & ko but braiden getting PO over ellie was insane. 

He should have been eliminated in Battle tbh.

8 hours ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Ellie Lawrence “Exes and Ohs” wasn’t show stopping but it was easily one of the best of the night and I was floored that it sent her home. 

She actually told me on Instagram that Eric Who's rendition was better than she 'ever dreamed of'

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2022 at 6:05 AM, QueenMae16 said:

Joshua's IS was a flop, there's no arguing that. 

Sorry for reacting with confused reaction I didn't know you had a very demanding taste towards Celine covers back then :haha:

In S16 Alone

Beth Griffith Manley- I Put a Spell on You

Domenic Haynes- Love Is a Losing Game

Presley Tennant- Nothing Breaks Like a Heart

Shawn Sounds- A Song for You*

Luna Searles’ Audition

Trey Rose’s Battle (deserved a steal)

I know Shawn’s IS wasn’t his best but definitely deserved PV over Gyth

You know what, S20 had a lot of contestants that went out on a high note.

Lindsay Joan’s battle

Durrell Anthony’s battle

Savanna Woods- Black Hole Sun

Anna Grace- If I Die Young

Ryleigh Modig- Drivers License and It Will Rain (yes, I’m including both)

Gihanna Zoe- Reflection

Bonus: Victor Solomon- Freedom (since he got the lowest placement in the finale)

3 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Reagan's SF and IS performances were really great.

yeah, "You Are The Reason" was really, really great imo. I don't recall thinking her IS was great but oh well.

off topic but I love that your favorites are like:

- Dimash (insane vocalist)

- Omar (insane vocalist)

- Jordan (insane vocalist)

- Morgan (insane vocalist)

- Reagan (um)

- Gyth (UM)

(btw as you probably know, I am also a #ReagStan so I'm on your side!)

Edited by QueenCami
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

yeah, "You Are The Reason" was really, really great imo. I don't recall thinking her IS was great but alas.

off topic but I love that your favorites are like:

- Dimash (Alien)

- Omar (insane vocalist)

- Jordan (insane vocalist)

- Morgan (insane vocalist)

- Reagan (um)

- Gyth (UM)

(btw as you probably know, I am also a #ReagStan so I'm on your side!)

FTFY.

But really, as much as I like insane vocalists, I don't think vocals are my #1 priority. After Jordan and Tess, you'd see people like Sawyer, Rachel, Todd, etc.... not Chris, Josh, Wendy...

Also, my fav thing about these insane vocalists isn't even their vocals. For example, my fav parts in a lot of Jordan's performances weren't his high pitched notes, like in "Like I Can" my fav part was "I Love your demons, like devils c-a-a-a-a-n," not the D5 and F5.

7 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

FTFY.

But really, as much as I like insane vocalists, I don't think vocals are my #1 priority. After Jordan and Tess, you'd see people like Sawyer, Rachel, Todd, etc.... not Chris, Josh, Wendy...

Also, my fav thing about these insane vocalists isn't even their vocals. For example, my fav parts in a lot of Jordan's performances weren't his high pitched notes, like in "Like I Can" my fav part was "I Love your demons, like devils c-a-a-a-a-n," not the D5 and F5.

yeah that makes sense. i will say though, your point about vocals with "Like I Can" - I think strictly speaking.. that's still a vocal asset! it's just a different type than high notes. (and btw.. that battle is a masterpiece! love him and Regina on it).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

FTFY.

also omg our conversation about Myracle on another post is reminding me that I didn't add Shane Q to your list of favorites. i completely forgot about that 😭 

eta: btw i actually liked shane in the pre-lives! thought his blind audition was super impressive, liked his battle with melinda, and enjoyed his knockout. i only really thought it got not great once we got into the lives.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Haha 1